Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2002, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Default Share funny or embarrassing moment on a cruise

What is the most funny or embarrassing thing you’ve experienced on a cruise?

Last year on the Grand Princess My wife and I were browsing one of the shops on board. She pointed out a Golf shirt and, as I looked at it, she continued on. After a close examination, I noticed it had a rip in the tail, so I set it down and caught back up as she was looking through a rack of clothing. I stood behind her and I said, “With a big hole in the butt, I wouldn’t be interested”. As she turned around, the STRANGER I had approached with the same color blouse as my wife, said, “That is what my second husband said before the divorce”. She laughed while pointing at my wife across the shop and said, “She’s over by the perfume, honey”. As I stammered, to regain any dignity at all, she just chuckled and said “don’t worry about it, I needed a good laugh”. She then turned and left the shop.

And then last month when on the Victory; We witnessed a rather elderly gentleman, whom seemed to be a bit inebriated, standing in front of the Maitre d’s computer with a 10 dollar bill in his hand. Yelling at the Assistant. Maitre’d. “Where the hell do you put the money in this slot machine”?

I have more but this is running too long…

and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2002, 11:48 AM
timmy

Default Re: Share funny or embarrassing moment on a cruise

on the Norway we witnessed an elderly (gentelman?) urinating on the wall between 2 elevators! What do you SAY?
Old October 23rd, 2002, 12:41 PM
Passenger

Last year was our very first cruise. We had not even been on vacation since before my now 6 year old daughter was born, so we didn't have any 'real' luggage. We bought the cruise on spur of the moment. We had no real luggage, but being good hockey parents we have lots of hockey bags! Our son is a goalie and he has 2 HUGE goalie bags. I am sure we got a lot of sideways glances from some very uptight people but I work with alot of uptight people and they don't bother me in the least. I wasn't going to go spend another 1000.00 on luggage as we didn't even know if we would like cruising (silly me)! Well, ah hem. I learned my lesson! Goalie bags are really really long. We did burrow a couple of small pull behinds that the kids took. Hubby controled one bag, I had this huge long bag slung over my shoulder while we waited in line to check in at the gate. Every time I turned to the left I would knock over that pole with chains. Then I would turn around to pick up the pole and knock the other over in the process. This went on for quite some time. Not to mention how horribly awkward lugging that giant bag around. But I will say this! Sure was easy to spot our luggage for retrieval after we disembarked!

Needless to say I wasn't even home to weeks and I went out and bought 'real' luggage!
Old October 23rd, 2002, 01:02 PM
Admiral

We were doing the boat drill. All of a sudden, people were NOT listening to the instructions and were looking behind them. Oh, Lawsy!

A couple who had an entirely different idea of "muster" were going at it hot and heavy with their curtains open in the view of one and all.

I made myself as small as possible, slithered out of the group, knocked on their door and yelled, "SECURITY."

No answer.

I then yelled, "Close the curtains or charge admission."
Old October 23rd, 2002, 01:37 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Share funny or embarrassing moment on a cruise

Now that's an incentive for going to the muster drill! And you were the party pooper!!

<wink>

Regards,
Thomas