Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 24th, 2002, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Default Poll: What is the first thing you do once you enter the ship

First thing we do is check our cabin. If it isn't ready we check out the food.Close to that we will book our Spa treatments this time.

Old October 24th, 2002, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Poll: What is the first thing you do once you enter the

Sue,
We do the same, drop off the carry-on stuff in the cabin, then depending on what time it is, get something to eat before exploring the rest of the ship!

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 24th, 2002, 09:11 AM
David Starkey

Go to our cabin(drop off some stuff) and then get something to eat. Then explore the ship(if we haven't sailed her before).
Old October 24th, 2002, 09:13 AM
Admiral

S M I L E !!!

Old October 24th, 2002, 09:24 AM
Yeoman

Eat! Yummmy....then an adult beverage on the aft deck. Bob
Old October 24th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Traci

Does anyone put on their swimsuit and lay by the pool at this point? Just curious -first time cruiser.
Old October 24th, 2002, 09:38 AM
Admiral

I am not a sun bunny so you wont find me there much at all, but I see a lot of people at the pool. Just remember to put your swimsuit in your carryon, because it will be several hours before your luggage is delivered to your room. Also pack your meds, makeup, cameras, jewelry etc in your carry on and perhaps a change of clothes for you and your traveling companion. It makes the waiting time for your luggage easier, becuase you are not depending on the luggage to get arrive so you can change or apply makeup.

First thing we do, is go look at our cabin and drop off what we can, grab the cameras and take those first shots of the ship without a bunch of people in the way. They we walk all over the ship to get our bearings. Find out where certain places are (i.e. our dining room) so we wont be searching on the first evening.

Food is not the first thing we get usually because we have already eaten breakfast before we board, so we aren't hungy. If it is early (before 3) we normally will get some iced tea. If it is later, we get a boat drink.

Then we head back to the cabin, see if our luggage is there (and if it is) and unpack and get the room organized, then we sit out on our balcony and take our first deep relaxing breath..........................................

Old October 24th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Admiral

My wife and I walk directly to the middle of the atrium kiss, big hug, and say in unison “this will be the best cruise ever”. A tradition we started back in 1976. We then go to the cabin to drop off carry-on and then it’s off to the dining room to see our seating assignment. At this time, if we are not happy with the assignment or know a certain waiter on board, we change tables or seating. Doing this so early, almost, assures the change. Then we head to the buffet..

and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old October 24th, 2002, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Tracey,
Yes, if we board early and its nice and sunny will sure to do that too!

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 24th, 2002, 10:39 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Poll: What is the first thing you do once you enter

First we SMILE! Then we get directed to our cabin and check it out. Next we either explore the ship if it is our first time on her, or we usually go to where they say we can get something to eat.
Old October 24th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Admiral

Cabin, food, explore or Cabin ,explore,food. Actually Gram is a grump until all her suitcases show up in the room so I have to keep her occupied until that happens.
Old October 24th, 2002, 11:39 AM
susancruzs

Smile alot because I'm happy to be on board, explore, find a snack, have a frozen thingee while relaxing and smiling some more! The snack, exploring and frozen thingee may come in any order depending on my mood.

I usually eat a decent breakfast so the welcome aboard buffet is not a high priority with me. I always see plenty of people by the pool already soaking in those rays but I am not ready to do that the first day. I need to unwind a little first but twenty years ago on my first cruises, I always packed my swim suit in my carry-on!

Enjoy your cruises everyone! Susie
Old October 24th, 2002, 12:06 PM
Captain

First thing we do is go to our room and read the daily newsletter. After that we head for food and than tour the ship.
Old October 24th, 2002, 01:17 PM
Admiral

We GO TO OUR ROOM. Open the sliding doors, go out on the balcony and soak up the view. Read any notes left there for us. Get the map of the ship out and start the tour. We also will make reservations for the specialty restaurant if we plan on going there.

Phyll

Jason if you come back this way-what does that say under your name and what language is it in? Just curious. Thanks

Old October 24th, 2002, 01:52 PM
First Mate

go to the cabin, open the door, step on balcony; look over the railing, look at each other, kiss, then go explore the ship.
Old October 24th, 2002, 02:13 PM
Admiral

Phyll, If you have the Internet Explorer browser set at a full screen viewing with regular auto wrap, it is a picture of a ship in water. (Maybe a bit abstract.) Totally made by the American keyboard symbols. Sorry, if it is not viewed the way described above, It could look foreign and gibberish. It is not any secret code, it is just something I have used for my internet signature for about 7 years. Is it driving everyone nuts? If it is, I’ll drop it from my auto signature..

Post Edited (10-24-02 14:17)
and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old October 24th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Poll: What is the first thing you do once you enter

Jason why would you think the ship would drive us nuts?I like it and it is unique!

Old October 24th, 2002, 04:06 PM
Admiral

Jason, thanks. I think that is pretty creative. Now that you have told me what it is, I see it clearly. Just looked like maybe arabic script or something to me. I may be the only one who didn't recognize it. Don't get rid of it. I like it.

Phyll

Old October 24th, 2002, 05:13 PM
Carole Dunham

I board late, around 3:00 for a 6:00 sailing. The only meal I don't like onboard ship is that first buffet lunch, so I eat ashore. I then check to see if the dining room seating is what I asked for. If it isn't, I go take care of it, if it's find I unpack because id I don't do it right away, I'll be fishing stuff out of my suitcase for the whole cruise. Then I send anything that needs pressing out, then I explored. Delayed gratification is still gratification.

Carole
Old October 24th, 2002, 06:58 PM
MEMC

Absolutely first check out our cabin and enjoy those first few moments on our balcony. Love to see what goodies are left to surprise us. Then Paul always makes THAT suggestion. Won't work this time cause we have our niece in our cabin. Then on to the lunch and explore the ship. One thing we will do this time that we have never done before, is check out our table assignment ahead of time because I need to know where to put the presents. Every night the kids will get a new present on the table before dinner (Xmas cruise). So want to put them on early Sun. night. We have early seating so this should not cause a problem for the waiter. Finally, we go and unpack and watch the port slip by past our balcony as we sail away into the sunset. Stay happy and healthy. Marianne
Old October 30th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Regina

First thing is go to our room. Check and make sure we have our seating assingment correct. Next stop is dining.
Can't wait til Dec 1.

Regina