Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 6th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to karenisahogfan
Default Need Port of Miami info

Help! I am trying to book my airfare to Miami from Little Rock, AR for our cruise on the Triumph January 18-25. Airfare is so high that we were told we should fly into Ft. Lauderdale instead ($100 cheaper per ticket for 4 of us!). Is this a good idea? What can anyone tell me about ground transportation from airport to hotel and hotel to Port of Miami? Also, any good ideas on a hotel for our one night in Florida (we are flying down on the 17th)? Any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2002, 01:20 PM
Blumoo

Default Re: Need Port of Miami info

I would suggest a rental car. That is what we did for our cruise. We flew into FLL and out of MIA. It saved us a lot of $, and we had the car to go to dinner and get last minute stuff, etc.. I know there are a couple rental agencies that have a shuttle to the port.
Old November 6th, 2002, 02:07 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Need Port of Miami info

The distance is only 20 miles between the airports but the cost can make a big difference. You need to do your homework and weigh out all costs but you may be better off in the long run going out of FLL.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old November 7th, 2002, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

That's what we are doing for our Spirit cruise in March. I understand there are some limo companies that service between FLL and Miami...one is Tri County Transportation and they have a share ride service that I heard costs $15 pp. Their link is: http://www.floridalimo.com/ I know when we cruised on Century and took a shuttle from Port Everglades to MIA it cost us $50. You can also rent a car with one-way drop off.

Old November 7th, 2002, 08:52 AM
AR

For four people the rental car probably makes the most sense. Last time I was there we used Avis. They have a location right at the port (once you drop the car off a van shuttles you right to the ship--smartest move it to drop bags at ship before turning in car). I think other agencies also have locations at the port, but can't remember which. Check the net.

It's maybe a half hour between FLL and the port if you don't get lost (not likely), and as somebody said, the car has the added advantage of letting you do some sightseeing or whatever if you get in early.

AR
Old November 9th, 2002, 05:24 PM
Passenger

I agree. FLL is easy to go into. Rental car would be what $40 to $60 and it only takes about 30 to 45 minutes to get to the airport rental car drop off. I'd go that way if it were me.