Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 18th, 2002, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Default Ever met anybody who didn't like cruising?

My mom took a cruise with my grandmother to Alaska this spring on Princess. My mom came back saying she did not like cruising and wouldn't go again. For her it was too regimented, not enough time in ports, and she felt like she was being herded like cattle in the shore excursions. She also said she would rather travel to see interesting places than to be on a ship, so she didn't like sea days. Also, the ship was just too crowded for her.

Have you ever met anybody who didn't like cruising? Did you try to change their opinion? What did you say to try to change their minds, if anything?

I didn't say anything... I don't think I could change her mind. I thought she had some good points about why cruising isn't for everyone.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Post Edited (11-18-02 11:47)
Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Ever met anybody who didn't like cruising?

My mother doesn't like cruising either. She also said she didn't like the regimentation. Go to this site, eat at this time, the show is now, be back at xxxx, etc. But she is scheduled for a cruise to Alaska this summer for her 10th cruise or so! Sometimes I don't believe her when she tells me she doesn't like it.

Regards,
Thomas
Old November 18th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Admiral

I have met 2 people who did not care for cruising and they both pretty much conveyed what your grandmother said. She certainly has valid points but then I would respond back stating that you get to see numerous ports without having to hop around on a plane and pack/unpack, register, and get a taste of where you may like to spend some time in the future. Food is always available and you don't have to buy it anywhere. Service for the most part is excellent. Lots of activitiies for anyone. Everyone is treated equally. If you go to popular land tourist places you will experience crowds also.

It is a different kind of vacation and certainly not for everyone. All you can say is that you can understand their viewpoints but it does not change yours.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old November 18th, 2002, 04:58 PM
susancruzs

Three different people I worked with went on cruises and would never cruise again. They just didn't like it for various reasons, some listed above. One fellow was on a cruise line that went bankrupt the day he got off so I said maybe you should try a different cruise line!

Another guy said it was too regimented for him and the other couple said they aren't night owls and couldn't enjoy all the entertainment. I'm not a night owl either but I love cruising.

I don't stay up late at home and don't feel I'm missing something if I go to bed early on a cruise. It's a vacation that is very easy, no hotels, no restaurants, no rental car, I love it but apparently not everyone does!

Susie
Old November 18th, 2002, 06:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Yep, I've meet quite a few who didn't care for it, mostly because they became sea sick and think they always will. Then again there are those that have never been on one, and think they will be too bored and will not even give it a try. Of course I always say, "give it a try, you may like it". Some just don't know what they are missing, their loss.

Message Boards Moderator