Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 21st, 2002, 03:28 PM
Evelyn Richardson

Default QE2 Have you sailed on her?

I have booked a cruise on QE2 for Canada and New England for 2003.

Unfortunately can only afford an M cat single cabin, would appreciate hearing from anyone elese who has sailed in an M type cabin please.

What is difference in food in the Mauretania Restaurant compared to the others,? Also standard of dress, I like formal nights and thought the QE2 was a "formal" ship, but a recent review on another board indicated that only passengers in the "Top , canins dining in the Queens Grill" dressed up for dinner, that everyone else wore " casual, going to the Mall" type dress for dinner.

You may respond to my E mail address if you wish.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2002, 08:53 PM
Admiral

Default Re: QE2 Have you sailed on her?

QE2 is my favorite ship. You should love her!

Mauretania Restaurant is fine. Remember, QE2/Cunard is a "Luxury Brand"... a step above the "Premium Brands"... so you'll have great food, lots of choices, excellent service and generally a very upscale time. It is the only restaurant grade on the ship with 2 seatings, but you will not be disappointed.

I don't know who told you about dress on the ship, but they are not exactly right. First of all, it is not just Queens Grill..... there are a total of four restaurant grades on the ship... Queens Grill, Princess Grills (Princess and Britannia Restaurants), Caronia Restaurant (also Single Seating) and Mauretania. Virtually all of the ship is open to everyone, all the time. It is not divided into classes, which is a common misapprehension among folks who haven't sailed her. The dress code of the night is in effect throughout the ship and her public rooms for all of the evening... all of it.

If it is formal, you'll find 99% of the passengers will be in acceptable attire throughout the evening. I suspect that what your source meant was that in the higher grades you'll find more Tuxes and Evening Gowns than in the lower ones, but you will find almost everyone exceedingly well dressed. You'll see very few "going to the mall" outfits, I'd suspect.

Be prepared for a great cruise experience on a ship with an abundance of character, elegance, Úlan and a certain gen-ais se qua that is unique!
Old November 21st, 2002, 10:42 PM
David Starkey

Sailed QE twice, last time on the World cruise. Ship and service were not up to what I expected. Found the ship not as clean(housekeeping) as many liners(even considering her age). Service was O.K., but to me was nothing special. I know they have made some improvments on her since I sailed , but I wound not sail her again . I have found other ships to be more enjoyable and better value too. (by the way I like old ships so thats not the problem)

I wish you the best...hope your expectations are not too high.
Old November 22nd, 2002, 09:06 AM
Passenger

have been on the boat for 16+2+2 weeks all cabins are pretty good some bigger than others but who wants to be stuck in the cabin all day?paulinuk@hotmail.com if you want anymore info or text on 00447779192935