Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 26th, 2002, 03:38 PM
Admiral

Default What are your plans?

What are your Thanksgiving plans?

We will be in Oklahoma with ALL of John's family. We will go from house to house, visiting and probably eat more than we should. The kids will really enjoy themselves. It has been too long since they have been able to go with us because of school functions, etc.

We will most likely attend at least one church service during our visit. John's uncle is a pastor of his own church and his nephew is a youth minister. I think the whole congregation is either Bensley's or Henry's (john's mother's side). :O)

On Friday, John, and the two sons are going to the local paintball place and shoot each other. Sounds horrible doesn't it? They have all the protective gear, masks (that cover the whole head even the ears), cup, thick/padded clothing, etc. John has his gun, Michael will use mine and John Karl has his own.

I will have to get photos of my multicolored family when they return! Ashley and I will likely be at home with the daughter in law and the two grandkids. Let the guys freeze their butts off shooting each other with paint!!

All in all, it should be a wonderful week. When we return, I will post my surprise that I was talking about last week!
<GRIN>

Old November 26th, 2002, 05:47 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: What are your plans?

Staying home and cooking for my family. Sure wish I was on a cruise!

Old November 26th, 2002, 05:55 PM
Admiral

We will be eleven around the groaning board tomorrow night.

Us, our four kids, Mom, and my brother, his wife and two kids.

The five-spices pumpkin custard is on the bake. I chased the minces to ground and they're next into the oven. (Hey, minces, meet me in the oven ...) For some weird reason, the ONLY pie the entire family can get behind is my home-made mincemeat.

Maybe because they know how much I suffer making it?

Or could it be the brandy?

The rest of the weekend? Who knows.

Old November 26th, 2002, 06:18 PM
Admiral

Ok You poor pitiful souls, see how fast you can get to Oklahoma! There will be plenty of food!

Old November 26th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Admiral

We are flying to West Palm Beach early tomorrow morning to visit our good friends Terry and Phoebe. They live in Port St. Luce. Saturday night we are going to a dinner and then a concert at Broward center in Ft. Lauderdale. Then we spend the night in West Palm Beach at a hotel and fly home to Portland early Sunday morning. It's a very short time in Florida but at least it should be fairly warm and sunny.

It'll just be nice to get out of Dodge for a few days.
Old November 26th, 2002, 07:27 PM
Admiral

I am flying home tomorrow evening. "Home" is near Ft. Walton Beach in the Florida panhandle. It's in the same state, but a one hour flight sure beats a seven hour drive in heavy traffic.

Staying up there at my parents' house until Sunday evening. My aunt, uncle, and grandmother have driven in from Texas, and my brother and his girlfriend are driving down from Atlanta tomorrow. Mark is staying in central Florida with his family, he's got a lot of family members from out of state coming to see his parents and siblings and him as well. A shame we can't be two places at once.

I haven't been home in months, so I'm looking forward to it very much. Our sheltie passed away last month and I haven't been home since before then, so I'm sure the house will seem emptier. But with all those relatives around it should be fun. And mom's cooking.... mmmmmm!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old November 26th, 2002, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Jose and I will be flying to Long Beach early Thursday morning to be with my daughter, her boyfriend and his mother, who lives one mile from us and will be on the same flight with us. Sarah (my daughter) is very excited about cooking this big Thanksgiving meal and having the house full of all of us, and I am happy to be seeing her. I miss her so much since she moved to California. I agree with you, Michelle, that a one hour flight is so much better than a seven hour drive! I will stay until Saturday night, but Jose has to come back Friday morning to work Friday afternoon. Sarah and I always have a bunch of fun together, and she always indulges me by driving by the cruise ship pier in San Pedro when we want to go to LA. I will miss being with my parents in Flagstaff, but we will spend Christmas with them, and Sarah will come over and go up with us also. Her father and I are both from Flagstaff originally, so she has lots of family up there to go visit.

Old November 26th, 2002, 08:43 PM
Admiral

Michelle, I used to live in Ft. Walton Beach. (a long time ago).
So sorry to hear about your sheltie. I am sure it will be very different and quiet.
They are beautiful dogs.

Everyone have a good thanksgiving. I am turning off this puter till Monday!
BYE!

Old November 26th, 2002, 08:46 PM
korinne45

I just plan on staying home by myself to enjoy the peace & quiet.The boys will be at their dad's,so I didn't have to worry about cooking anyway. I'll probably pig out on popcorn while watching a few of my favorite movies,and that's about it.

Krazee bout Kruizin'
Korinne
Old November 26th, 2002, 08:54 PM
Admiral

We are going on a 3 hr boat ride watching dolphins and the wild life.We will end up on an Island and there we will eat at a very casual place. They have turkey dinners too but I know I will eat shrimps. After that is going back the same way. It is very relaxing and casual...just my style!

Old November 26th, 2002, 09:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

We'll be 10 here at my house, including my sister and her hubby and his parents from Cocoa Beach and my brother from Largo and my dad who know lives here in Orlando (even if it is against his will!)
I started cooking tonight (have to work tomorrow...ugh.....) and have left instructions for the kids to clean the house while I'm at work.
No real plans for the rest of the weekend.....thinking about actually going to the mall on Friday......usually avoid it like the plague but for some reason feel intrigued this year.
Angela Z.