Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 27th, 2002, 11:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default greetings from Mombasa

Hi, cruisemates. My Marco Polo cruise is about to leave today from Kenya. We started with a fun 3-day safari in two of Kenya's superb game parks. Now we're off to Zanzibar, Madagascar and a total eclipse of the sun in the Indian Ocean. Will try to upload some pictures once we're out to see.

Crystal Harmony, Alaskan Vistas
Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2002, 10:21 AM
korinne45

Default Just Curious......

Happy Thanksgiving to all of the land locked CM family,and those who are out at sea!
Wish I was,but anyway......I was just curious about something? Are there any of the CM Family out at sea on the Sick Ships? I feel so sorry for those folks!! I just can't imagine waiting to get out to Sea and then Bam!...you become ill!! What a nightmare!! And on what is suppose to be a joyous Holiday at that!! I hope it all comes to an end soon!! Are there folks here awaiting for cruises on any of these ships? Don't ask me why I'm sitting here thinking of this stuff...I must be bored..lol...Take care everyone!

Krazee bout Kruizin'
Korinne
Old November 28th, 2002, 09:51 PM
First Mate

Default Re: greetings from Mombasa

Hi again from the Marco Polo's Internet cafe. We found out there's more to worry about than Norwalk when it comes to cruising. The terrorist attack in Mombasa was just a few miles from the hotel where we were staying. We were whisked from our hotel with armed guards and hurried to the ship for an early departure. Today they announced [wisely] that we were cancelling our scheduled port call in Tanzania. Hope it will be smooth sailing from here on!
Old November 28th, 2002, 10:22 PM
Admiral

So glad to hear from you, Bernie. When I saw the news about the shootings in Mombasa, you were the first person on my mind.

OK, so I don't "know" anybody else in Mombasa at the moment, so you were the easy pick.

Continue to enjoy Marco Polo, she is one of our all-time favorite ships.

Sail safely.

Old November 29th, 2002, 11:11 PM
Admiral

Boy do I wish I was cruising with you-- someday-- Africa here I come
Cheer and stay safe
April
Old November 30th, 2002, 10:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi again! It's been an uneventful two days at sea, but this morning we're docked off the coast of Madagascar and the ship is preparing zodiacs and tenders to ferry passengers ashore. The chief attraction is a nature preserve with 15 different species of lemur. I'll try to upload a picture if I can, but the Internet setup on board makes it difficult.

Those of you in the mid-latitudes, enjoy your cool weather. The forecast here calls for temperatures in the high 90's with 100% humidity!

Crystal Harmony, Alaskan Vistas