Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 1st, 2002, 01:31 PM
Admiral

Default Golden Memories

A little golder, a little tired, and a whole lot richer. Richer in memories that is. Well Patti did win $80 at the nickel slots and Arlina won a 50 minute spa treatment. But as you know the most valuable thing we returned with was our sharing our experiences on
the open sea.

I spent last night in detox, feeding my tex-mex withdrawal, and catching up on sleep. CA, I kept looking for you at Skywalkers at 3 am several mornings, but then I always remembered at last that you were on the Grand. haha

Early comments on my first Princess cruise:

Will certainly cruise Princess again. The Golden is a gorgeous ship. A little hard to navigate until you figure out which elevators serve all decks and which decks run completely from bow to stern. After that, it's a snap. If you can tell which way is aft
or forward. lol Only 100 passengers short of being completely full, but I never encountered crowds, or long lines. They disembarked over 2800 passengers in one hour. Amazing. The aft location of our cabin one deck up from Promenade deck was quite convenient.

Sabitinis. That is a story in itself. Another time perhaps. Francesco, Ricardo, Silvio and Franco...ohhlala.

PC Dining. Pros and cons for sure. Jury still out. I think some of the cons might not have occurred if we had made it to the dining room sooner. Showing up an hour before they closed made for a VERY noisy experience and may have been the cause of the disinterested waitstaff we encountered. Although we wished to eat with others at a large table, it never happened. Except for once when we ate with other cruisemates
at a reserved time. Another night we made rez for large table. The Golden Girls were stood up by 4 gentlemen! I'm sure they took one look and realized they couldn't handle us! lol The pros for PC for me anyway, counterbalanced the cons. LOVED the flexibility.

Ports. If I could ever break away from cruising, I would head straight to a villa on St. John. Heaven on earth. Patti can't wait to get back to her "Gilligan's Island" (Hawksnest Beach). And I'm sure she would feel that way even if we hadn't run into "Tom
Selleck". But that's another story too.

All in all, a most memorable cruise. Especially since things started off with Patti's purse being stolen at Embassy Suites the night before we boarded. Thank God her passport was not in it. We worked thru those problems, put it behind us, and proceeded to have one of the best times of our lives.

I enjoyed meeting all the new cruisemates, at the Marriot and on the ship, and sailing with again with some of them.

Landlubbers, I hope your Thanksgiving holiday was a good one too.

Ingrid
Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2002, 02:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Golden Memories

Merm... sorry we didn't manage to bump into you and "the girls", either the last night or debarkation morning.... so a belated safe trip to you and all the others we missed<G>

Enjoyed the one dinner we got to have together. We should have done it again, just I prefer to go to dinner when the dining room is still open. lol

Thanks for the great trivia sheet you put together. I never did figure out where the "golden girls" hung out at night, or I would have bought you a drink. Oh well.... I owe you one next time we cruise together <G>

Regards,
Kuki
Old December 2nd, 2002, 12:50 AM
Admiral

Tom Selleck ??? please explain---
Glad to have you back-- but at the same time I wish we were both cruising together--
Cheers---
April
My Jury is in-- dont enjoy personal choice---- unless it really is my choice---
Old December 2nd, 2002, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Glad to hear the Golden Girls had a memorable trip, Mermaid. I forget which one hadn't cruised before... but I'm sure she's hooked now!

Cheers,
Michelle B.