Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 4th, 2002, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default The Terrorists Have Found Calgary

I arrived home last night from a cruise, and while reading the newspaper this morning discovered that there is an outbreak of the same Norwalk like virus at one of our local hospitals. 65 patients showing symptoms!! So, want to warn everyone to STAY AWAY from your local hospitals!!!

Seriously... yesterday I was in 4 different airports, on 3 different airplanes. I think my exposure to these types of viruses was far greater in that one day, than a week on any ship.

Last year 23 Million people got sick with this Virus. A few years back we were on a New Years cruise, and a lot of people seemed to come down with flu like symptoms. I guess at that time the media had more interesting things to write about, and everything that happened in the world wasn't being blamed on terrorists.

I'd personally be much more concerned with the seeing me in a speedo on a CruiseMates Group Cruise. That could make me you much sicker than the Norwalk Virus.

Regards,
Kuki

Old December 4th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Default Re: The Terrorists Have Found Calgary

Too Funny, Kuki!
(the speedo thing)
We have several sick people in our building. Just seems to be the sickly time of year.

Old December 4th, 2002, 07:45 PM
Admiral

In my office there are 15 people. 2 of them definitely have something Norwalk-like. My nether regions are threatening war, so I may be number 3. 2/15 = 13% of our office population with this virus. On a cruise ship of 2400 passengers with 170 people ill, their percentage is 7%. Now, has this been sensationalized by the media or not?!!! The number of people who are sick on cruise ships reflects the numbers in the general population.

Old December 4th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

All is well on the Regal Princess so far, or at least they have not told me. Hold your fingers crossed.

We are 2 days out of Perth. Capt Circle Cocktail tonight, Formal.

Ray
Old December 5th, 2002, 06:47 PM
Carole Dunham

Gee, do I dare go to the movies tomorrow?

Carole