Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2002, 09:41 PM
First Mate

Default If one more non-cruising person says:

I will scream if one more non cruising person tells me all about the Norwalk virus...and says I am nuts to cruise..i am gona scream...
This news story is like the same news couple years ago when all the media talked about was shark attack!
Mary Margaret

Carnival Victory
Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2002, 10:01 PM
Admiral

Default Re: If one more non-cruising person says:

I agree... every single person without exception I have told about my cruise, immediately responds with a comment about the virus. "Aren't you afraid you'll get sick?" Etc.

As a matter of fact, I am already sick... sick of hearing about it!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old December 5th, 2002, 10:09 PM
Admiral

And you just can't make them understand that they have already had this or something like this themselves in the past, we called it the stomch flu or something like that. Very simple, very common, very nasty stuff. If anyone has been following the news on the P&O Oceania the passengers are Brits and it seems that those that are suffering with the NLV are all from the Manchester area and they think arrived on the same flight or at least used the same air terminal in the UK! Imagine that! Maybe they caught it while on the plane or at the airport in the UK! Of course that just isn't as interesting as claiming terrorists/muslem crewmembers/Al Quaida etc are infecting ships as a test for more serious attacks. <G>
Jim

Old December 5th, 2002, 10:10 PM
frito

Just had someone tell me about the "terrible illnesses " that were on "all " the cruise ships nowdays.
( Really thought about trying to strangle her but she has kids. )
Old December 5th, 2002, 10:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Nanci
Default Re: Re: If one more non-cruising person says:

I just returned from a fabulous 12 days on the Crystal Symphony. Instead of people asking if I had a good cruise (it was fabulous), everyone asks if I got sick. I am sick of hearing it! Now I answer in one breath that we had a wonderful cruise and no we did not get sick! I will not hesitate to cruise again asap!
Old December 6th, 2002, 12:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C

Am I in disagreement here? I'm sure it was the Norwalk Virus that made me dis-oriented and slip and almost fall in the buffet line. It had nothing to do with the little twerp in front of me dropping the jello all over the floor. NOPE, it was the virus I'm sure.

Post Edited (12-06-02 00:52)

Old December 6th, 2002, 01:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C

Oh yea, one other item.
I'm sure the people who sneeze, cough and hack their lungs out all over the plates and silverware have nothing to do with spreading germs. Or how about the clumsy clod who drops silverware on the floor then puts it back in the rack with the others .. Yuuuck.
NOPE, once again it has to be the Norwalk Virus spread by that terrorist crew member trying to support a family at home.

Post Edited (12-06-02 00:51)

Old December 6th, 2002, 08:22 AM
Bobby Sue

I just chalk up comments like that from people who aren't going on a cruise to the old green monster--envy.
Old December 6th, 2002, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Maybe the cruise fares will drop for all the brave and insane that still want to cruise.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old December 6th, 2002, 09:58 AM
Admiral

I agree Jim.
Also concider that is a small "city" of people on a ship. If a town with 4000 people had 150 come down with flu, no one thinks anything of it, but if the ship does, then it a deadly Norwalk virus and we should all beware! Nobody cruise, you will get the flu!
:O)
Hey Nanci,
How was your cruise?
Did you get sick? - I DID ask the first question and the second was a joke.......no hitting!

Old December 6th, 2002, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Pure Idiots,,,,plain and simple !!!

We usually cruise with a group of 8 or 10,,,,but this year I am having trouble getting anyone to committ for our Feb 8th Golden cruise.

Seems Norwalk even has them worried.

The evening news is hitting this so hard even my hubby is starting to question me about it.

Oh well,,,like Merm says,,,,maby the prices will go down !!! <BG>

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old December 6th, 2002, 06:33 PM
MichelleM

I just love everyone talking about using the anti-bacterial hand sanitizers after they touch anything public.

Ummm hello people
It is a virus, not bacteria. You can bathe in the sanitizer and it will not protect you an iota against the norwalk virus.

The only people that have repeatedly mentioned it to me are serious anti-cruising people who just don't understand why we enjoy it. If this keeps them on the ship better for all of us that enjoy the experience.
Old December 6th, 2002, 09:09 PM
frito

Just a thought--how many people are sick from hangovers vs the dreaded virus? Then how many actually have headache, flux and upset tummies FROM a hangover and blame it on the virus??
Old December 6th, 2002, 09:14 PM
First Mate

hahah I bet there are many cases of the "Norwalk Virus" on New Years day..ahahha guess it will be the 2003 strain of the virus.
Mary Margaret

Carnival Victory
Old December 6th, 2002, 10:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Nanci
Default Re: Re: If one more non-cruising person says:

Carole and Johnny:

Seven days post cruise and I'm still healthy-----no virus!

Only 258 days till our next Crystal cruise! Yes, our last day on board we booked the new Crystal Serenity for next November!

The cruise was fabulous. There is so much to tell so I will make it brief.

The ship was only half full---450 passengers and over 500 in crew---you can imagine the service! We were seated at an officer's table (the chief engineer) which was located right next to the captain's table. The food was delicious. Two nights we dined at the Italian restaurant and one night at the Asian restaurant.

Entertainment was the best----five production shows. We met the lead singer and lead dancer and had a private backstage tour. The costumes were gorgeous----some of them insured for over $10,000. Other shows were a concert pianist, singer, harpist, and ventriloquist.

There was so much I did ---- wine tasting, galley tour, bingo, dance lessons, aerobics, pool aerobics, jacuzzi, mozart themed tea, four private cocktail parties, and lots and lots of eating!!!

Ports were St. Thomas, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Aruba, Panama Canal. Aruba was the only port where I had never been and went on a tour and then to private island for beach and luncheon. I actually enjoyed the sea days the best.

The passengers were well traveled, intelligent and wealthy! In fact we were one of the only pax who had never sailed on Crystal! Most were multiple pax---in fact one couple had been on over 80 Crystal cruises! Quite a few single pax also, including men!

Yes we are spoiled, but I will definitely do another cruise before next November, probably February.