Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 10th, 2002, 08:38 AM
Admiral

Default Christmas Cards - Who sends 'em?

I just love receiving holiday cards in the mail. Especially those "tropical" Christmas ones from my cruiser friends.

I try every year to get some mailed. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Sponsored Links
Old December 10th, 2002, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Christmas Cards - Who sends 'em?

I try to send as many as possible, but every year I end up sending 75+ cards out.
Many people have told me just to send ecards, so that helps, but I send paper ones to those without computers or those who send me a paper one. I figure if they made the effort to go and buy one and send it to me, I should do the same. :O)
I have received two paper ones so far. Guess I better go buy some cards!

Old December 10th, 2002, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

All my christmas cards for my cruising friends have been sent....just have to work on those family and friends who are not in that cruising group!

Old December 10th, 2002, 09:31 AM
Admiral

You all make me sick, I haven't even thought about Christmas Cards, but...maybe I'll just send 'belated' Christmas Cards in January from the Regal Princess.......hmmmm

I've been too busy with decorating...
Old December 10th, 2002, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Last year and this year we have not send out a single card.We are not home so we don't want to bother with it.

Old December 10th, 2002, 10:39 AM
Admiral

I used to send out about ten cards to college friends, but nobody sent me cards back. I will be surprised if I send out one.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old December 10th, 2002, 10:49 AM
susancruzs

I've been doing cards as I get them, have a half dozen so far. This year I'm sending to everyone I heard from last year and that is probably 40 or 50 maybe!

CA just had to get in that you are leaving on yet another cruise in January!!! :-) I love picking on you, even though I should be nice before the holidays!

Susie
Old December 10th, 2002, 11:02 AM
Admiral

Merm........don't you know the answer to that yet ..... or has the postman not arrived?

Yes, we still send cards .... but only to friends and family that are not local.....I can remember the days when my parents sent out 250 each year.......postage was something like 3 cents ....... and was 1 or 2 cents if you only tucked the flap in .... not sealing it. Oh.......and during the last week before Christmas, we had morning AND afternoon mail deliveries so that all of the holiday mail would get delivered.

Post Edited (12-10-02 11:03)
Old December 10th, 2002, 11:20 AM
Admiral

Pat, You were one of the inspirations for the post!

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old December 10th, 2002, 12:19 PM
Mary Lou

I still send them...but have noticed that the number I received each year becomes less and less.
Old December 10th, 2002, 01:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C

We have the best intentions to get 75-100 cards out. The next thing we realize is time has slipped away and we are doing a mad rush to get the cards to our immediate family that live to far away to see at Christmas.
So far not one card has gone in the mail. Won't get done today either, to many errands.

Oh and no tree either, on the to do list late today or tomorrow, ARE WE BEHIND OR WHAT?

Post Edited (12-10-02 13:22)

Old December 10th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Admiral

Last Saturday was a record breaker for us. We got all the cards made and sent out. We got the tree up and decorated, twice (we always have differences on the tree ribbon placement). Decorated the inside, front and back yard.( neighbors view over the lake)
Then on Sunday I completed all my shopping. Iíve never been this caught up for the holidays.
By the way if you didnít receive a card from meÖ. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from our home to yours!!!
Carol, Tasha &

and laughing is contagious,
hereís hoping for an epidemic!
Old December 10th, 2002, 10:15 PM
First Mate

I send out over 60 cards. I get inexpensive ones at Kmart. Too bad I can't find "discount" stamps. The good thing about e-mail is I keep in touch with out-fo-town friends/family better and have been able to almost eliminate long letters. (I never could bring myself to send the infamous Xeroxed letter to everyone.) 2 wks ago I whipped right through my address book as far as the Ns and hit a plateau. Finishing cards is this week's project, now that the indoor decorations and tree are in place. Hubby put up some outdoor stuff tonight in the dark since there is an ice storm predicted, but half the lights didn't work. AArrgghh! Almost all my shopping is done.
Right now I keep looking past Christmas to our cruise Jan. 18-25. I subbed at a school today and discovered the secretary's son is a piano player on the Explorer. She and her husband took the E. Carib trip on the Exp. last June, same as we did last Jan. I'll look him up when we go next month.