Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 11th, 2002, 04:58 PM
Admiral

Default The stupidest conversation you've heard!

What's the worst you've heard on a cruise?

I heard one lady claim the sky was not everlasting and the stars at night were simply pinholes in the bubble around earth of which light was shining through!!!!

She was serious too!!!!

I didn't respond!

Regards,
Thomas (who sometimes wishes he was in her world <grin>)
Sponsored Links
Old December 11th, 2002, 05:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: The stupidest conversation you've heard!

As we sailed from Dominica we entered an elevator with two Blue Haired ladies.
" I'll have to get my hair done again "said one to the other. "Why didn't they tell us it would rain in the rain forest?" We did not hold back, everyone in the elevator said almost simultaneously " lady, RAIN FOREST ".
I did manage to hold back as we cruised about 1000 miles south of Hawaii and I over heard two women discussing that they could not get a cell, and" it must be the battery in their phones were weak". We were only 990 or so miles away from a cell signal.
Old December 11th, 2002, 05:47 PM
Beginner

traveling through panama canal 2 women enterred the elevator 1 women said to the other one, "i told you the carpet on our deck is blue and so far we hevn't seen a blue carpet by the elevator , what the women did not realize as the ship had changed some of the carpeting while we were at port a day before and hadn't realized the color of the carpet had changed. I couldn't say anything somehow I think they are syill riding the lifts looking for the color to the cabin????
Old December 11th, 2002, 06:55 PM
kareen

My hair stylist today asked me if the passenger inside cabins have windows where one can see under the water.
Old December 11th, 2002, 08:08 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: The stupidest conversation you've heard!

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!

Regards,
Thomas
Old December 11th, 2002, 08:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

This little episode involved no conversation, but may have been one of the funniest moments of my cruising life.

It was on the Golden, so recent. I was standing in the atrium on Deck 6, near a set of 4 elevator banks, spread over a fairly sizeable area. I saw an elderly man waiting for an elevator ( the elevators are very slow).

An elevator right next to me opened, and I saw the gentleman walking very slowly towards it. Knowing at this speed he likely wouldn't make it before the door closed, I held the door for him.
He said thank you as he entered, and the door closed behind him. I continued to stand there. After about 20-30 seconds, the door opened, and the same gentleman walked out of the elevator, and walked off as though he had got to where he was going.

I was ROFL with tears in my eyes.
Old December 12th, 2002, 08:43 AM
Admiral

not a conversation but points to the fact that people don't listen or leave their brains at home, Grand Caymen - dive master briefing before entering the water at Sting Ray City. They don't have teeth they feed by suction, don't touch them unless I have them or you will get a "Stingray Hickey"...... I guess you know where this is going, a lady gets back onto th boat "I tried to pat that damn thing and it bit me, look at this...... Urrgh!!!
Old December 12th, 2002, 09:27 AM
Admiral

I read in a cruise guidebook about a man who brought nothing with him to wear on his first cruise except tuxedos. He thought they dressed that way all the time. He had to make a quick run to buy casual clothes in the ship's gift shop!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old December 12th, 2002, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Thank you, Kuki. I just figured out what ROFL and ROFLMFAO mean and you provided the key. I guess I am old; I'm better at Morse than I am cyber-nyms.

Steve
Old December 12th, 2002, 10:33 AM
First Mate

Seahunks, to help you learn more computer jargon go to www.stevegrossman.com and in the yellow box to the left, click on Dictionary. Scroll down and you will see an extensive list of jargon letters to help you decipher computer shorthand.
I discovered this on a gardening message board when someone else asked what things meant and have put it in my favorites list. It definitely comes in handy.

Here is an interesting story told to us by a man we met on our cruise last Jan. He is in his 70s and was traveling with his wife, although they weren't often together. They pretty much did their own things. He often cruises by himself and sometimes goes from one ship to another for 2-3 weeks in a row. He said he was by himself one time and struck up a conversation with another older woman traveling alone. She had no actual home, except cruise ships and was perpetually cruising. She evidently felt lonely because she offered him an enormous amount of money per year if he would consent to be her companion on her continuous cruises. When he told her he didn't think his wife would appreciate it, she upped her offer and was surprised he wouldn't take it. It's funny, but sad.
Old December 12th, 2002, 11:27 AM
Yeoman

do do do do,...do do do do (theme from twlight zone)

Olny funny conversation I recall was between myself and my wife. As I was putting luggage under one of the beds, I noticed what I thought was a pat of butter. Saying to my wife, geeze...they should have cleaned better. Later that eveningas we were coming back to our cabin I noticed that the "pat's of butter" were now on the pillow. I asked her what she thought we should do with the butter. Bob
Old December 12th, 2002, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Don't get me wrong. I love my wife and I don't know what she sees in an ugly old hunks like me. She is a left-handed, blue-eyed, blonde and sometimes I have to talk backwards while facing the opposite corner from her and hope she can understand the inverted echo. One of the cutest things she ever did was to try to demonstrate how the combination plug-in deodorizer/nightlight works. As she explained that it is light sensitive, she tried to cup it in her hand while it was unplugged. I call such moments
"Chrisi-isms." True story.

Steve
Old December 12th, 2002, 12:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Another wife story...

My wife and I cooked breakfast one Sunday morning. We sat down, she grabs the pepper shaker and starts to shake the pepper over her eggs. About 10 seconds later she begins to sneeze. She looks up at me and saids "Thats funny, every time I eat eggs, I sneeze" I turn my head and I look at her, she then saids very seeriously " Do you think its the pepper?" then I said "Ya Think?". We laughed all day long.

She hates when tell this story.
Old December 12th, 2002, 01:04 PM
Admiral

Are we allowed to tell wife stories here on the web when we've promised to never tell anyone of a certain event? I have a doozie Mrs. Thomas story but promised to never tell anyone. Is it cheating for me to tell it here?

Regards,
Thomas
Old December 12th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: The stupidest conversation you've heard!

Thomas, you know how calories don't count on a cruise, well cheating stories don't count on a cruise message board.
Old December 12th, 2002, 02:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Thomas... u have to learn the credo I live by. It's much easier to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission!!!

Old December 12th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Oops, I'm the dummy, now. You wanted stupid CRUISE stories. That anecdote happened during a family get-together at home. Unless cruisin' for a bruisin' by telling that story counts.

Steve
Old December 13th, 2002, 08:58 AM
AR

A fellow passenger on a shore excursion, after watching a huge freighter transit a lock of the Panama Canal:

"That's it? That's all they do?"

AR
Old December 13th, 2002, 05:26 PM
Admiral

Thomas...technically you are not "Telling" the story...you would be "writing" the story.....not that I'm promoting that you break a promise to Mrs. Thomas...but, I'd love to hear it. It is a good thing my hubby doesn't read these boards because he could tell you all numerous "dumb" things I have said.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013