Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 13th, 2002, 10:40 AM
First Mate

Default How about your favorite hotel for Charleston S.C. my depart

Thanks again :-)
Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2002, 02:29 PM
PBP

Default Re: How about your favorite hotel for Charleston S.C. my de

Hi, Paul. The Fulton Lane Inn is my favorite small hotel, but the Charleston Place Orient Express is quite wonderful and grand. High Tea served in the lobby piano lounge is a real treat. Guess it depends on what you want......... small and quiet or grand with all the amenities one could possibly want. If this is your first trip to Charleston, I highly recommend the carriage tour of the historic district. The guides are extremely knowledgeable and it isn't a boring lecture but rather amusing and very interesting. I love Charleston and hope you enjoy your visit before your cruise.
Happy sailing!
PBP
Old December 13th, 2002, 03:38 PM
Admiral

Charleston is one of my favorite cities. But I can't think of the name of a single hotel I've stayed in--I haven't been there for a few years. I can recommend, however, a visit to Patriot's Point and USS Yorktown. What an impressive lady! Last time I was there, an eagle appeared to have built a nest on top of her conning tower .

Steve
Old December 13th, 2002, 06:21 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: How about your favorite hotel for Charleston S.C. m

Thank you very much and happy holidays.
Old December 13th, 2002, 09:01 PM
stuff&things

Ah - Charleston! A grand lady, indeed! We honeymooned there and have many special memories from many trips back. The Vendue Inn is very nice as is the King's Courtyard. We've stayed at B&B's if that's your style, I could suggest a couple of really fantastic ones. I've been in the Charleston Inn but never stayed there. It looks fabulous. Oh, now I want to go back. We used to go at least once a year - oh, we'll have to plan another trip soon. Enjoy her wonderful hospitality, her architecture, the market, the battery, and all the fine eating establishments. If you need a chocolate fix, Charleston Chocolates is your place!
Old December 15th, 2002, 11:38 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: How about your favorite hotel for Charleston S.C. m

thank you very much.

paul