Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2004, 07:41 AM
Admiral

Default A Wonderful Monday : p

Gee here I am at work again. This is getting to be a very bad habit. Well everyone have a great day!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Default Re: A Wonderful Monday : p

Good morning from muggy florida....no one has posted? That is kind of odd. Maybe everyone went on a cruise without telling me?

Had a long weekend and I am very tired. The stress is wearing on me beyond anything. Yesterday we stayed at home and I had a nice breakfast with the family and went in the pool for a little while with the dog. This saturday middle daughter is flying to CO and we are getting ready for it. The day after she comes back school starts, perfect timing

I need to catch up on the boards....have a wonderful day

Old July 26th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning!
It's 7:52 AM (computer clock time) here in Mid-Florida. The sun is out and the day promises to be hot and humid-routine for this time of year.

Behind me sits a partially assembled computer desk that we bought yesterday.Trevor worked past his bedtime on this project. We all know the story-not enough screws, drilled holes either not in the right places or not enough of THEM, the pictures must be upside down. After asking for my help in the early stages of assembly he decided that he'd do better working at his own pace.Every so often we'd search for a piece of desk.This next stage calls for an assistant to help hold the heavier pieces while the screws are inserted,etc. I'll be at work, so I hope there is another retiree available in our little cul-de-sac.

I talked with my grown son last night who informed me that he'd spent a few hours in the ER and hospital in excruiating pain Friday night.The tentative diagnosis was a kidney stone being passed. A CT scan was done and anti-nausea/painkiller drugs were IV dripped.
After that, the pain subsided.He was given some additional meds and sent home.Still no sign of a stone. It was his first work sick day since 1997.Maybe he'll take an extra day off today-to make sure the pain doesn't return.
The upshot of this is now he has to wait to see how much he'll have to pay after his mid level insurance kicks in, as he had a trip to Urgent Care before the ER.His amount will determine whether he'll still be able to afford to come down here the last week in August as originally planned. He has a good job (news director for a TV channel in Cincinnati) but is still paying down old debt.

That's it for this AM-time to get ready for work. My ear is itchy-I don't think that means to much except that I feel a bump on it and that means a mosquito bite-or something. Have a great day, Everybody. Lynne

Old July 26th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates..very heavy clouds and quite unseasonably cool here in wc Ark..only in the 60's and some 50's this morning..maybe fall is here..NOT....got to load up all the chairs from the wedding and take them back and then go sneaky snake hunting..>G<..I hope each of you have a wonderful day and please stay safe.

Old July 26th, 2004, 08:21 AM
Admiral

Morning all, from Montreal, where it promises to be another lovely day - cool and sunny (high of 24C or 75F). Perfect weather for taking the daycare kids to the park!
Doug, being at work on a Monday is normal. Being at work YESTERDAY, now that's a problem!
Sue, hope you get some time to relax and de-stress today.
Lynne, good luck with the computer desk. We had the same problem with ours!

I got to see one of my friends yesterday, but the other ones didn't get in town till last night, so maybe I'll get to see them tonight. Looking forward to that!

donna

Old July 26th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Maybe all these lucky people are sleeping late today? Sure wish I was!

Everyone have a great start to the week.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old July 26th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where I did sleep in today but have a bunch of chores waiting. We're in the last couple of weeks before our daughter leaves for college so there's lots to do about that. Still finding a new routine with my father in law being back at his house, and also have son's band camp going on.......I can't believe I'll say this but I kind of miss my old rut!
Angela Z.
Old July 26th, 2004, 09:03 AM
VTJen

Good Morning Cruisemates,

Well, I made it through the party, at least I think I did. I definately over did and am afraid I will pay dearly for it this week.

I stopped counting after the first 46 people stopped by.

I made way to much food - huge potato salad mac. salad, jello fruit salad (3 layers with cream cheese, cool whip mandarin oranges crushed pineapple and strawberries).
Veggies (3 kinds of pepper, 2 types of tomatoe, cukes, broc. cauli. green beans, asparagus, carrots, celery, radishes) all cut for dipping
Cheese, crackers, hot artichoke spinach dip, roasted redpepper-pesto cheesecake,
chips, 3 dips and tortillas and salsa. Shrimp and cocktail sauce
Tortilla rolled up with a cream cheese olive mixture.
Meatball in a sause, Kielbsa in a Sauce. Homemade baked beans.
3 types of rolls (store bought). Rolled meats and cheese.
Watermelon, cantelope, grapes, cherries and blueberries.
Ice cream cake, 2 types of cookies. Also set out nuts, baskets of peanuts and pistachios. 3 coolers of beverages.
Oh, and my daughter requested M&M Salad - mix almond mm, peanut mm, plain mm, crispy mm and peanutbutter mm in a bowl - Enjoy.

Tons of leftovers!!!

Of course my husband being on call got called out twice during the festivities.
The second call effected us. A squirrel decided to climb a 25 foot steel tower, he made a misstep and lost his life and put over 10,00 people out of power, including the prison and hospital, 3 nursing homes and every business in 3 towns. My husband said the squirrel was huge - almost as big as my poodle. He found it at the base of the structure, every hair was completely burnt off. Poor thing. I always feel bad when that happens (birds and squirrels are the biggest reason around here the power goes out)

The power went out while trying to pick up. By candlelight got the food in the fridge that needed to be put away. By the time the power came back on (an hour later) only had the energy to finish putting away food. Today I have all the clean up. Can't put it off as I'm hosting a Tupperware party tomorrow.

I think my friend is bringing her 4 grandkids over today to use the pool. Also have to go to work for about an hour plus have a hair appointment.

My daughter's best friends father asked me to check on his two teens each day this week. They are moving at the end of the week to Boston. He left yesterday. They need to finish packing up the house and clean it. They need a little daily motivation. I'm sure that means I'll be pitching in. I've already volunteered to shampoo the carpets.

Trip - happy Belated Birthday - hope it was very special.

Congrats to all SDM and DDM - your cruises are all getting so close, and I have none to look forward too.

Auntie Lex - congratulations. Hope you post a pic of baby Cleo soon.

Venice - what a nice thank you gift for your friends. They must be truly wonderful.

BigJohn - hope your back is better, and that you find the snake fast and easily.

Kuki - hope your back is up to "par" today. Glad to hear Mrs. Kuki and the Kuki Jr.'s are having such fun. I'm sure Sammy misses them.

Mark & Deb - what nice parents. I'm sure your daughter appreciates all your efforts at trying to keep her Birthday special. Hope she's feeling better soon. Hope you get ont that Dec. cruise.

RollerD - so sad to see it all end.

Keith - It is so nice to see you back on the Boards. We've missed you. I'll continue to pray for you and Wendall.

Lynne & Trevor - glad to hear your solo went well. My daughter had a Church solo yesterday too! Hope your son is feeling better soon. I truly hope he can get down to visit you, too.

Too all those that I missed, hope all's well with you too!

Have a marvelous day.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old July 26th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Of course, since its Monday the sun will be out..It looks like it anyway...Just watching Regis & Kelly, and chillin.....That says it all.....Have a great day

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 26th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Admiral

VTJen: I''m exhausted just READING your post, never mind doing all that!

donna

Old July 26th, 2004, 09:14 AM
L&S80

Morning from the cooling down Pacific Northwest.......sounds like everyone had a full weekend...........
It's finally cooling down here, upper 70's today......that I can handle.
Everyone have a great Monday.

Sharon
Old July 26th, 2004, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates!! Back to work this morning along with most everyone
else

Went to a bar b q last night at a friends, who have two Jack Russel Terriers (one just a pup), and Sammy was invited along. The food and company were excellent, and Sammy came home "bagged", so everyone enjoyed the evening <G>

Mrs. Kuki called last night... and the wandering Kuki Jr. and his girlfriend, have now joined her and Kuki Jr est. in Israel. They "claim" they are enjoying life without me, but I know different <G>

Old July 26th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Happy Monday to everyone. Get well, stay well, and relax a little. BigJohn, hope your back is getting better and that the snake leaves before he gets 'bombed'! VTJen, I too got tired just reading all you did. Where do you get the energy? Have a great day everyone.

Jeanne

Old July 26th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone from another sunny,not quite so hot, luckily-have-a-bit -of-a-cool-breeze-again- Vancouver! (Yes, I know that sentence was not grammatically correct!! I do not even know if I spelled 'grammatically' correct!!)
VTJen-I agree with RDonna! You need to just rest sometimes! A cruise is definitely in order for you!!!!
I will be taking the girls to a summer camp for a couple of art classes in the morning, as well as a private Ballet lesson for the younger and then I am off to work.This will be the same for Tues.-in case I don't have time to post!!
Hope everyone's day goes well. Take care. Bye for now. Brenda in Vancouver

Old July 26th, 2004, 10:44 AM
cruisingkandJ

Default Re: Re: A Wonderful Monday : p

Good moring from Southern California. Another hot sticky one, I guess.

A couple of loads of ironing await me, but I don't think I'll do both today. How boring can you get? Egad! I need a cruise!

Have a great Monday, everyone.

J.
Old July 26th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Admiral

Aye Mates,
Where the heck did the weekend go? Last thing I remember is getting home and the wife saying she saw a place on the fascia board that the paint is coming off. We are planning to put the house up for sale soon so I explored and ended up spending the weekend replacing half the boards, sealing, and painting. Last night at 7:30 I finished.
Things have really been busy at work too, so I havenít posted much.
Anyway, everyone have a great day.

and laughing is contagious,
hereís hoping for an epidemic!
Old July 26th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning Gang.

I've been up since 4:45AM, so don't you all go thinking I've been sleeping in.

Had coffee with the early risers, and then went to exercise and stopped off with other friends for a little more coffee. By that time those donuts were sure tempting, but I'm holding off on those for a while yet. The weight is coming off, and I don't want to get sidetracked yet. As you can see my day is really stressful. NOT!

Hope you all have a good one.

Phyll

Old July 26th, 2004, 12:11 PM
First Mate

Another fine Monday starting, I mean continuing the work week. Actually, let's see since I've worked 3 straight weekends I am on my 22 consecutive day at work. With only 1000 more or so I can catch Cal Ripken Jr. The countdown to the cruise can't possibly go quick enough.

Carnival Mardi Gras - July 1991
RCCL Viking Serenade - November 1994
Carnival Pride - September 2004
Old July 26th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Admiral

Second Good Morning post just to say to VTjen..I want to hire you to manage my time as well as you do..My Gosh Lady..how do you do it?...I am thinking of moving to Vt. just to snack on your leftovers....it seems it is an endless party at your house..take it eazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy for a while..maybe a cruise is in order. >VBG< have a good day.
To the rest of my CM family..hope your day is going good and stay safe..no sneaky yet..but I am on the watch.

Old July 26th, 2004, 02:21 PM
DENISE H

hi doug i hope your day is going well don't work to hard