Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 24th, 2002, 01:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro
Default tahitian princess formal dress?

hi..I vaguely remembering reading somewhere that the newly acquired Tahitian Princess will be less formal than other Princess cruises. Does anyone know if Princess's regular 2 formal nights will be as usual on the 2 new ships?
Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2002, 01:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro
Default Re: tahitian princess formal dress?

sorry...I wrote before I investigated further. Apparently the 1st sailing is the 24th and it seems to, indeed, be as formal as other Princess cruises.
Old December 25th, 2002, 07:46 PM
Admiral

Default Re: tahitian princess formal dress?

Ro,

Princess has stated that both former Renaissance Cruises vessels, (the new) MV Pacific Princess (formerly MV R3) and MV Tahitian Princess (formerly MV R4) will offer the standard Princess Cruises product, including many of hte options of the "Personal Choice Cruising" program, in a smaller package. There will be several differences from the former Renaissance Cruises product, including the following.

>> 1. The main dining room ("Club Restaurant") will offer "Traditional Dining" (with first and second seatings) rather than the "Anytime Dining" (Princess's term) arrangement previously offered by Renaissance Cruises.

>> 2. There will be formal nights, per Princess's custom.

>> 3. The formal alternative restaurants (now called "Stirling Steakhouse Grill" and "Sabatini's") probably will have surcharges.

>> 4. The boutiques will carry the standard Princess inventory (expect to find Lladro porcelain, for example) rather than whatever they carried previously.

>> 5. Steiner's of London will operate the beauty salon, the spa, and the gym.

There may be other differences, too, but these differences probably will be among the most noticeable. Whoever books cruises on these vessels should expect a standard Princess cruise product, similar to that of MV Royal Princess or MV Regal Princess, rather than the former Renaissance Cruises product.

I'm booked on the "French Polynesia and Samoa" cruise aboard MV [i] Tahitian Princess [/i[ of 24 March 2003. I'll post a review on the Princess Cruises discussion board upon my return.

Norm.