Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Christmas Gifts

Ok gang, time to fess up! What was the "cutest" gift you got, what was the "Oh God, how could they think I would like that" gift and which gift surprised you the most?

The cutest gift was a floor mat that says "Ask not for whom the dog barks......it barks for thee" that my brother got me (my mutt is usually quiet except when he sees certain squirrels and the UPS and FedEx trucks).

I didn't get one of the second type of gifts.

The one that surprised me the most was from my Dad, who gave a check to use towards my next cruise (gotta love Dad's who understand your addiction!)

Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2002, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Christmas Gifts

Which gift surprised me the most?

Let's see......now those of you who know me, picture this....I got an electric drill and drill bits. Have absolutely NO clue what to do with it!
Old December 26th, 2002, 10:14 AM
Admiral

CA.....you forgot to tell them about the set of screwdrivers that accompanied the drill!!!

Me?.......don't ask ...... think Mr. Sandman wanted something for himself ..... spent $300 on something I wouldn't dream of dragging with me on a trip (Boze noise canceling headset.....would take up tons of space in the carryon!) ..... and ignored how much I wanted a DVD burner!!!! Go figure! What was he thinking?!?!?!? Yes, I know.....ungrateful B _ _ _ H!......Guilty.

Hmmmmm.......maybe I better rethink keeping the 'noise canceling' apparatus.......just remembered CA will be sitting behind me to and from Australia/NZ!!!!!!!

Post Edited (12-26-02 10:16)
Old December 26th, 2002, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

OMG - CruiseAholic with power tools?? Look out world!!! <vbg>

Old December 26th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Hmmm. Not too sure about cutest, but one kid DID give me the 2003 Writers' Market.

And Andy gave me two cookbooks.

I think there's something going on here.

Like, they want me to USE those things?

The gift I did NOT give -- because I thought it would not be too appreciated in some circles -- was a t-shirt for my niece who is a national/international class crew chick. Her best event is four women, no coxswain. The non t-shirt. "Real women don't need cox."

The best gift of all was the fun we had, as shown in the photo gallery. I think I will hold the confetti next year.

Old December 26th, 2002, 06:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

The gift that made me say "huh?" was the hot wax hand dipper thing but once we fired that baby up I thought it was neat and made my hands nice and soft.
The coolest gift I received was a straw purse that my daughter picked out.....has palm trees and monkeys......can't wait until it's straw purse weather.
In the sentimental dept. my sister pulled out all the stops and had a CD burned from our childhood record of Puss in Boots (gotta love that Snickersnee!) and some Italian children's songs. She also rescued my favorite childhood pillowcase from Dad's house before the auctioneer took the beds away.
Angela Z.
Old December 26th, 2002, 10:21 PM
Admiral

Humm--- well my family still doesnt understand my cruise addiction but they did get some-things to keep me going---- a flask--- I hate watered down drinks-- and IOU for a cruise excurtion and a drink card for the Brilliance. Last but not least a money--holder that goes around your neck--
Cheers
April
Old December 27th, 2002, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Got jewerly, old movies (love the oldies), perfume, parafin wax for my wax machine, and a Stevie Wonder cd. (Songs in the key of life).
Michael's big surprise would be the paintball gun he recieved. He thought we were waiting till after the new year to get one.
Ashley got a pretty jacket with fur lining that she wanted. She never expected it.
They both made out like bandits and are very pleased. Michael shot up grandpa's trees. They are now, blue, pink, orange etc. (yes, the paint will wash right off when it rains.)
Got dad and kathy pullover sweaters, a bottle of wine, and some martini crackers.
Since it is 28, they will get lots of use for the sweaters. Kathy says they are saving the wine for after we are gone. :O)
It has been a wonderful trip so far!

CA, WHAT are you going to do with a drill???? lol Too funny. Mgram...we will have to have a long talk with Don, wont we???
Hugs to everyone!