Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2004, 12:46 AM
cruisingkandJ

Default Keith and Wendell update

Speaking for myself, I have a way to go to fully recover from my latest hospitalizations. We blame a lot of my shakiness on the seizure medications. I still tire easily and I'm a little bit uncoordinated.

The good news is that Wendell has had all his feeding tubes removed, and is eating solid food. Yesterday he had pizza (run through a blender) which he said was pretty good. He is ready to be moved to the next lower level of care at another facility North of Phoenix. He is doing well in physical therapy, but after nine weeks in bed, he is extremely weak. His son-in-law, who practices heart surgery in Tucson, said the other facility is well organized, having all patients under the care of a single doctor. However, doctors still have not explained Wendell's overall lack of ability to get well. He still has occasional bouts of fever.

Keith
Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Keith and Wendell update

That is good news Keith,, the he has all the tubes removed but wish they could find out what is causing his fever..we will continue to keep him and you in our prayers..It is so good to see YOU posting on the boards and glad that you too are improving more each day..You are one tough individual and I hope someday I can shake your hand.

Old July 26th, 2004, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Keith, it's wonderful to see you posting, and to know you are doing so well - you've worked hard at it! Also, good news about Wendell. Poor guy, he's been through the mill, and having to eat pizza that's been run through the blender is not much better! !
Good luck and further recovery to you both!

donna

Old July 26th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Great to see you posting, Keith. You've certainly come a long way and will continue to get stronger each day.
Encourage Wendell to keep at it with his PT. My father in law (he's 81) was in bed from April 3rd until late June and is making great strides so it can be done. He's now walking with a cane but still has weakness.
Angela Z.
Old July 26th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Admiral

So glad to hear that both you and Wendell are doing better. I hope you both continue to recover quickly.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old July 26th, 2004, 08:15 AM
L&S80

Keith......great to see you posting.......still keeping you & Wendell in our thoughts & prayers.........

Sharon
Old July 26th, 2004, 08:41 AM
joto

Default Re: Re: Keith and Wendell update

Glad to hear that you're feeling better. Just take it easy and listen to the doctors.
Old July 26th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to lexxity

i'm glad to hear you are both recovering. you both sound as if you are both making great strides. continued prayers for both of you of course.
lexx

Queen Elizabeth 2 - Trans-Atlantic 2001
Queen Mary 2 - Caribbean - 2004
Queen Mary 2 - Mediterranean - 2004

QM2 Transatlantic
QE2 40th Anniversary Round Britain Cruise.
Old July 26th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

It is wonderful to see you posting. So happy that everything is starting to get better for both you and Wendell. Bless you all.

Jeanne

Old July 26th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Admiral

HI Keith, I am fairly new to this board-been around since about May/04. I think you were already sick at the time. I am glad to meet you and hope you keep recovering more and more. It sounds like good news re:Wendell;hopefully they will find out the cause of his lasting, intermittent fevers. Take care. Sincerely, Brenda in Vancouver

Old July 26th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Keith, that is such good news about Wendall! It's also great to have you posting with us ,and to know that your are doing so much better too. You have been through a lot lately and it's great to hear that you are doing so well now.

Phyll

Old July 27th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

The fact you are up and posting is a blessing for you and for us..We wish both you and your brother, only the best..

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator