Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2002, 03:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default POLL-- What's up for New Year's Eve?

Bringing in 2003 won't quite have the FLAIR of our New Year's cruise to bring in 2002. Likely a small dinner party with friends (who are sailing on Legend with us), so thoughts, and converation, will surely be 13 days into the future <G>

How are you planning on bringing in 2003?

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2002, 03:36 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: POLL-- What's up for New Year's Eve?

Sleeping.......

Old December 26th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Admiral

Looks like it is going to be a very quiet one here...and that suits me just fine.
I hope everyone else does something fun.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old December 26th, 2002, 04:13 PM
Admiral

Stay home, watch TV and everyone falls asleep about an hour before "the ball drops"
in Time Square. When I try to wake them up they all yell at me, then the next morning they yell at me for not insisting that they get up. Been that way for 30 years. Doesn't matter whether it is just Gram, or if the kids are over, it's always the same story.
Happy New Year Cruise Mates. Leave the Legend in one piece for me. May 21 for us.
Old December 26th, 2002, 04:27 PM
Admiral

A progressive dinner in the neighborhood ..... I only have to make 2 hor'douvres .... and NOTHING is here at our house......got it made this year! Will be counting down to midnight and then the mad dash to get home and see who can be asleep first!!!!!

Old December 26th, 2002, 04:34 PM
Admiral

Queeg and I have our own private dinner party on New Year's Eve. All the best of our china, crystal and silver. In front of the fire.

And the best that I can make happen in the kitchen.

The last thing I want to do is bring in a New Year with a bunch of drunks ... or go out on the streets.

Old December 26th, 2002, 04:43 PM
First Mate

Plan to go to my sister-in-law's as usual for a family card party. Hubby's sibs/spouses and mother (if she feels up to it) play euchre, eat, watch Time's Square.on TV, eat.....eat...eat.
We all bring munchies and eat, play, and eat some more.
The kids take turns having a cousins' party usually hosted by the one who has the newest house, who hasn't hosted yet. . They bring their kids and party on till the wee hours, too.
It's been a busy week. Xmas Eve at my sister's, kids and grands here yesterday, granddaughter from Cincy is staying till Sun., which is hubby's family party at his sister's. We have stuff planned every day. Tonight we are going to meet friends for dinner to celebrate our 36th anniversary (I know, I know it's a crazy day to get married). Kids and grands coming here for New Year's and then we can concentrate on THE CRUISE.

Explorer to E. Carib, Jan.12, '02
Explorer to W. Carib, Jan. 18, '03
Old December 26th, 2002, 05:31 PM
Admiral

I'm invited to some friends house (I'm being driven), KayakGuy is driving to Philadelphia to party with some college friends. He must make the mad dash home New Years Day, I always have relatives in for pork, sauer kraut and mashed potatoes.

When everyone leaves, it is the mad dash to pack!
Old December 26th, 2002, 05:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

The best plans of all.........none!!!!! After all the Christmasing we've been doing I'm looking forward to not doing anything if I don't feel like it.
Angela Z.
Old December 26th, 2002, 07:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

Next door neighbor's invitation to a party may be what we will fulfill. Hope not to get too tipsy .

Wednesday we must have ham, black eyed peas and cornbread. That is our traditional food for the beginning of a new year.

Ray
Old December 26th, 2002, 07:58 PM
Admiral

Let's see. I'll be at my mom's(she's 82) , and from what she said about last new years, she and her friends stayed up til midnight playing cards and bingo and lighting off firecrackers at midnight.
Since I don't take after her, I'll probably escape the seniors party and head for the hotel with Jake and hope for a little peace and quiet and a good nights sleep.

Phyll

Old December 26th, 2002, 08:48 PM
Yeoman

I'm.....well...I'm in a state of depression. This will be my first NYE in 34 years without a gig! I have no gig for that night and I have no idea what to do..... Wife is happy but for me it will seem empty as that is the best night for a band...money is great,,....you get included for food and usually a room, if you are playing at a hotel.

Because we have no gig...we are pretending this Fri nights gig is our NYE party....we will hav ehats...and noise makers and prizes...

NYE for me???? I guess....I think...I...I....mm...don't know. I feel lost here. Any suggestions?
Bob
Old December 26th, 2002, 09:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: POLL-- What's up for New Year's Eve?

Harvey & I are heading up to Orlando and are spending New Years in the Universal parks...been doing that for the last 3 years. The parks do a wonderful New Year's Eve and we love it...except for the COLD weather up that way, froze our you know what off's the last two years...it was in the high 20's 2 years ago...we are so spoiled with the So. Florida weather. Anyway, can't wait, BECAUSE, then it's only 13 more days till we sail the LEGEND with Cruisemates!!!

"Sea" you at the Marriott in......17 days!
Nancy
Old December 26th, 2002, 09:25 PM
Admiral

I'll be spending New Years onboard the Imagination somewhere off the coast of Jamaica, soaking up the sun and thinking of the neighbours back home trudging to each other's houses in the snow! Have a good one all!
Old December 26th, 2002, 09:47 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to tinytim

CRUISIN!!!!!
Old December 26th, 2002, 10:01 PM
Admiral

Jose will be working on New Year's Eve, but should be home in time for the two of us to have our own little welcoming party for 2003. The next evening, however, will be a different story. January 1 is our anniversary, and we will have a special dinner together and marvel together once more at the delight of having found each other at this stage of our lives. Having each other is reason to celebrate every day, but especially each January 1st!

Old December 27th, 2002, 07:17 AM
Admiral

Champagne at midnight. Fun for most of the day. Going to the BX today and going to pick up dads dsl modem and I will get him up and running with a muuuuuuuuuch faster connect than he has now. :O)
Lots of fun with dad and kathy, the kids, etc. Tonight, my sister Janet and her husband and their daughter Natalie will arrive. Tomorrow, Jennifer and her boyfriend will be here.
Saturday, Kathy is cooking spaghetti, and Sunday we are going to some local friends house for cocktails.
Everyone have a super day! It is great to be at work for several days.

Old December 27th, 2002, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: POLL-- What's up for New Year's Eve?

We've got my sister and hub, and their couple friend coming in for the Gator Bowl game. They're N.C. State alumni. We'll go downtown for the pep rally and fireworks and then up early New Years day to start tailgating for the game.

It'll be a rather hectic few days.

Regards,
Thomas
Old December 27th, 2002, 10:12 AM
AR

New Year's eve will be our traditional lobster dinner at home. A well-known institution here in the Washington suburbs is the quarterly arrival of a refrigerated semi-full of live, just-caught lobsters from downeast Maine, which we pre-order then pick up on the designated day in a local high school parking lot. New Year's eve is always one of the "lobster days." We don't go out on "amateur night" either, but we always try to have close friends (and nearby ones) over for lobster.

We'll be going to our favorite party of the season tomorrow night, a week-early Twelfth Night affair at the landmarked Victorian mansion of some friends about two hours down the road from here. He's 95 and she's 93, and they've been doing this annual "do" for just about ever. These folks have been mentors and friends to many professional musicians over the years, and lots of them come back to play at this party. So there's music in virtually every room--and outside if it's warm enough--from madrigals to country to folk to rock. And the house is big enough so they don't get in each other's way. Things ordinarily break up at about 3-4am. Then we stagger down to the local B&B and hope we can get up in time for breakfast. Which I'm fairly sure we won't.

I hope when I'm 95 I can throw parties like that!

AR
Old December 27th, 2002, 10:26 AM
Admiral

We are going to a New Year's eve bash at the Radisson hotel,,,the package includes everything,,,,,,even the room and breakfast the day after,,,,and of course "late" check out <VBG> We always do a package like this,,,,No way would I drive on New Year's !!!

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old December 29th, 2002, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

We will be spending it with neighbors. We all gathered at our home for Christmas Eve and we decided to do it again at another home for the New Year.

Old December 29th, 2002, 09:52 AM
Nancy Bogert

I can't believe it but I talked my husband into going to New York City for New year's Eve. We are going with several other friends from Williamsport. Having dinner at Ruth Chris on New Year's Eve and Gallaghers(my husband all time favorite) on New Years night.
After dinner it is off to Times Square!!!

I am so excited!!! I love NY and my husband hates it. I've tried for 35 years to get him to do something different on New Year's Eve.
Nancy
Old December 30th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Will still be sailing the Seven Seas Mariner!!!!

All of you signed up for the Cruisemates Seven Seas Voyager cruise are in for a real treat!!!

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14