Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 29th, 2002, 06:09 AM
lysolq

Default Funniest complaints

Just curious - what is the funniest/strangest/most ourtrageous/weirdest complaint you've ever heard someone make about a cruise or cruise ship?
Sponsored Links
Old December 29th, 2002, 06:35 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Funniest complaints

Many years ago I sailed on the Cunard Princess out of Port Everglades. Although it was the "newest cruiseship in the world" at the time, one of the engines kept breaking down. Cunard altered our itinerary twice by taking us to the unscheduled ports of Tortola (BVI) and finally St. Croix, where we were told that the ship had to return to San Juan for repairs. All passengers were to disembark (at St. Croix) and would be flown to Miami, from where buses would return us to Port Everglades! I overheard an elderly gentleman complain to the purser that he had driven from Michigan to Everglades because of his fear of flying, and now Cunard was requiring him to fly in order to get back to his car! He was so irate that I thought he'd have a stroke on the spot. I smile about it now, 20+ years later, but it sure wasn't funny to that poor man at the time.

Post Edited (12-29-02 17:16)
Old December 29th, 2002, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Funniest complaints

Heard a woman complain that it was too windy on the front of the ship and that is wasn't that windy on the back.

Regards,
Thomas
Old December 29th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I've overheard a number that have had me in ROFL. The one that struck me as the oddest was when we were waiting to see the Maitre d on the Explorer about a table change.
The couple in front of us were requesting a table change, because they were vegetarians, and the people who were seated with them were meat eaters. They said the couldn't stand to watch anyone eat meat. Didn't the Maitre d have some other vegetarians he could sit them with.
--- if it had been a freighter, I'd have suggested dining with the livestock <G>

Another was told to me by the Hotel Manager on an RCI ship, about a passenger complaint when the ship was unable to tender passengers to Labadee.

The passenger was demanding a refund because the only reason he booked this ship was for its stop in Labadee. He has a VERY IMPORTANT business meeting planned in "downtown" Labade.
Since Labadee is RCI's "private island" stop, I wonder which rock or bush would be considered downtown .

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 29th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Funniest Complaints

Post Edited (12-29-02 17:20)

Post Edited (12-29-02 17:23)
Old December 30th, 2002, 08:57 AM
Admiral

I've told this story before, but briefly, we overheard a woman complaining that the rain had ruined her hairdo. "They should have told us it would rain in the RAIN FOREST".
Old December 30th, 2002, 05:00 PM
Brad Krewson

On our last cruise we were leaving a port. We were by the pool. Their was an elder 85+90+ lady . She told her son "Look the island is moving"

It was cute for her to say that

Happy New Year to ALL

Brad

Post Edited (12-31-02 14:12)