Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2003, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default POLL-- When CHOOSING a Cruise?

Had our poll the other day about rating things in order of importance... thought I would follow up with...
When choosing a cruise what things do you look for?
A. That it's a CruiseMates Cruise
B. Look for a particular Cruise Line
C. Best Price
D. Itinerary
E. Best perceived value
F. Want to be assured Kuki won't be there

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2003, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Default Re: POLL-- When CHOOSING a Cruise?

I look at port of departure first. I want to be able to drive there and avoid flying the "not so friendly skies."

Then I look for what's available from those ports at the time I want to go. Usually it's within a month of the time I'm looking. We have booked farther in advance than a month but because of our lifestyle we can't usually plan too far in advance.

Then it's the itinerary. We prefer an equal balance of sea days and ports. No matter how many times we've been to a port we have always found something new to see/do.

Then price. It must be at or below $100/pp/pd. We've always paid close to this and find that it's available on every line we've been on if you can book last minute. Never been on the ultra-high end lines though. We've been satisfied with all the mass market lines so far.

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 3rd, 2003, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Price is first for me, and next itinerary. I'm with Thomas -- keep me off a dang plane (or provide plenty of ***** and gin)

Harry
Old January 3rd, 2003, 10:41 AM
Admiral

I choose F. My ribs still hurt from the last Kuki hug.

But if you've never been hugged by Kuki, it's something not to be missed.

Post Edited (01-03-03 11:59)
Old January 3rd, 2003, 11:22 AM
Admiral

First F. Or at least it would seem that way since despite Kuki's fabulous cruises and deals we never seem to get together. Then , a combination of D and E.
We pick a time of year and then itinerary and then look for the best perceived value . As a result, although I would say I prefer or favor Celebrity, we have been on 11
different ships on 5 different cruise lines. Next cruise for example will be Carnival Legend out of NY. We liked the itinerary, it fit our time requirement and we got what we feel is a good deal. Note, we book specific cabins , not category guarantees.
Old January 3rd, 2003, 10:51 PM
Passenger

When choosing a future cruise the hubby and I look for

a) boat availability (still haven't gotten over cancelled Coral cruise Dec14/02 as yet)
b) number of Norwalk cases on board in last 3 months

then Itinerary and Price

These will definitely top our list of booking requirements from now on......
Old January 4th, 2003, 06:03 PM
Admiral

You sort of left out cruising with friends. They don't necessarily have to be Cruisemates Cruises, just ones where friends get together. Although most of my friends do go on CM cruises. Next would be value, and that is not always the cheapest. I prefer Celebrity but am not against going on any ship with a group of good friends. Always take into account the number of sea days. Am not much for 5 ports in 7 days. And then would be itinerary. Not really a sightseeing sort of person so the Carib is good for me. Good beaches. Now that's not asking for much is it? :-)

Gaile
CM Host Tweety

111 days till Constellation
and
"Springtime in Europe"
Old January 4th, 2003, 08:50 PM
MichelleM

Price and Ports are the most important for us. We decide what we want to do (eastern, western, southern, ect) and then look at all the ships leaving for those destinations in the time period we want to go and start from there. I would love to go on a cruisemates cruise but so far it hasn't worked with our schedule. We have to book rather far out because my husband has to find coverage for while he will be gone and that takes several months.