Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2003, 12:28 PM
Admiral

Default Which cruise would you choose?

Mark and I were looking up potential honeymoon cruises the other night. We've pretty much got it narrowed down to two... without revealing the names or cruise lines, let me ask your opinion.

Cruise A would be a ship we've already sailed, on the exact same itinerary. We really enjoyed that cruise and are thinking it would be fun and relaxing to go again... with a better cabin, of course.

Cruise B would be a ship we've never sailed, to three ports we've never visited. There are four sea days. I think the ports look interesting but am anxious about the number of sea days. It's a new ship, though, and there won't be a lack of things to do.

We've sailed on both cruise lines before, and really prefer cruise line A to cruise line B. What do you think? Would you stick with what you know, or try something new?

The prices are comparable, and we'll get a balcony cabin on either ship, so there's not much difference there. Any opinions?

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2003, 12:50 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Which cruise would you choose?

Michelle, You described the story of my life. Carol likes the comforts of the known and I like the adventures of the new and unknown. I would love to do the Tahitian cruise this year but she wants the southern Caribbean (been there done that 4 times). Its all to your liking. Do you want to rest or do you feel adventuress. Of course any cruise is a great cruise and Iím sure something will strike your liking, as you continue your search. I say go for the new!!!

and laughing is contagious,
hereís hoping for an epidemic!
Old January 6th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Admiral

Michelle,
I would go with something that is differant than you have done before and likly not to do again for a very long time. This is a special time and should be something very differant and special. My suggestion really? Go to Tahiti or Europe for this wonderful time in your life. Yeah, it costs more but this is the time to grab the golden ring.
Jim

Old January 6th, 2003, 02:31 PM
Admiral

I'll differ here. Since it's your honeymoon cruise you should be all about each other and not running around discovering new ports and ship adventures. Repeat cruises are more relaxed and you'll need all your energy for .............<smirk>

For such a special cruise I'd rather be safe than sorry. Do what you already know to be a good cruise. Leave the chance to another time.

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 6th, 2003, 02:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

I would pick the cruise that you've not done before.....sounds like plenty of sea days to relax.
Angela Z.
Old January 6th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Which cruise would you choose?

Thomas what are you talking about anyway?????? <VBG>

I would stick to the more sea days.This will give you time for each other and I think that's important.

Old January 6th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Michelle,
For me I'd go with plan "B", just to try something new and different, plus you mentioned a few "sea" days, those are always nice too, time to relax and enjoy!

Do let us know which one you decide on?

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 6th, 2003, 04:33 PM
Admiral

Cruise B. Love the idea of 4 sea days.There is no greater way of relaxing and unwinding and resting(or not) than a sea day. No deadlines, no excursions, wake up late, breakfast in the room, drown yourself in SPF 30 and soak up sun. Stop the guy in the white shorts a few times for something tall , cool and refreshing ( Corona for me). Hot tub, cool pool, perhaps a massage or a facial?
Same ship same itinerary?? What's that about???. Been there , done that. Move on.
Be Happy in whatever you do!!!
My 2 cents worth
PapaBill
Old January 6th, 2003, 04:38 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Which cruise would you choose?

Mrs. Thomas and I have been happily married for 10 years because we have a rule we live by. Whenever we have a decision to make between two different things we always decide to do both. So forget the wedding, the reception, the shower, the rehearsal and all that other stuff and do back-to-backs. <grin>

Just kidding, (sort of) but no matter which one you choose how can you go wrong?

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 6th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Admiral

Donna - we'll let you know, but there's no rush, we probably won't book until summer.

Thomas - since my parents are being kind and generous enough to pay for the wedding of their only daughter, we don't have the option of doing both! (I guess we could say, "mom, dad, fork over the cash, we are eloping on a cruise" but I don't think they'd go for it!)

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old January 6th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Admiral

For what it's worth IMHO I'd take the new and exciting and the SEA DAYS! Nothing like sea days for relaxation. But I'm sure that whatever you choose you'll have a wonderful time. What a way to start a new life. Congrats.

Gaile
CM Host Tweety

109 days till Constellation
and
"Springtime in Europe"
Old January 6th, 2003, 08:19 PM
Admiral

I also say plan B for the new and unknown! But I'm sure you'll be happy with whichever one you choose. After all, it's your honeymoon! And a cruise to boot!

Old January 7th, 2003, 12:43 AM
First Mate

Michelle,
A discussion like this came up recently here as well so here's 2 cents worth:

If you prefer cruise line A to cruise line B then stick with A - Don't chance spoiling your honeymoon.

I agree with Thomas. Much more relaxing to explore the ports (if you want) at your own pace since "Been there done that" applies. I am assuming that both are in the same geographic (ie caribbean) area.

Now if you're talking an Arctic trip on an icebreaker that's a different story! (Yup been on one)

The other ship and itinerary can wait for another day. At least BOTH of you are discussing it- that's a very good sign!

richard
Old January 8th, 2003, 09:55 PM
Admiral

You've done Plan A, so go for Plan B, you only live once, so why repeat it? Try something new, and what's wrong with sea days? More relaxing in the sun (or in your cabin......) Besides, it's a cruise, you can't go wrong! Have fun, we did on our honeymoon last year!
Old January 9th, 2003, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Thanks for the advice everyone... you haven't made the decision any easier, I can see the plusses for both cruises... but we have a while to think about it.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old January 9th, 2003, 08:06 AM
Wes Rahn

If I were you, I'd do the Hawaiian Island Cruise on a ship I knew. Talk about being in Paradise.
Old January 9th, 2003, 09:27 AM
Admiral

Marriage will be a new course for your life, so take the new itinerary for your honeymoon.
It will make a great first shared experience for your first memory as a married couple.

Steve