Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2003, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Default Official song for the Doc Dance

I propose that the official song for the "Doc Dance" should be a parody of "Mr. Postman."
I'm sure it can't be an original thought, it's just too obviously appropriate.

Here's the first stanza:

"Mr Postman, look and see,
Is there a package in your bag for Me?
I've been waiting for such a long time
For the documents from the cruise line."

Anyone care to add anything else? Post it here.

Steve
Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2003, 04:35 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Official song for the Doc Dance

Hmmm, not sure what to do with those lyrics...see my Postman is my HUSBAND...
Funny but true!
Mary Margaret
Old January 8th, 2003, 05:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

The last thing we want is for you to sing about your husbands package!

Carnival Truimph
Old January 8th, 2003, 08:50 PM
First Mate

AAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh husbands package..ahahahah that is funny..
Mary Margaret

Wish I had thought of that..ahaha
Old January 9th, 2003, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Now, that I've started breathing again after ROTFL, I'll add this:

There must be

Some word today

From my TA

So far away

Please Mister Postman

Look and see

If the docs are there

For a cruise for me

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old January 9th, 2003, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Here's the song lyrics the way the Carpenters sang it:

Please Mr. Postman

( Stop )

Oh yes, wait a minute

Mister Postman

( Wait )

Wait Mister Postman

(*) Please Mister Postman look and see

( Oh yeah )

If there's a letter in your bag for me

( Please, Please, Mister Postman )

Why's it takin' such a long time

( Oh yeah )

For me to hear from that boy of mine

There must be

Some word today

From my boyfriend

So far away

Please Mister Postman

Look and see

If there's a letter

A letter for me

I've been standin' here

Waitin' Mister Postman

So patiently

For just a card

Or just a letter

Sayin' he's returning'

Home to me

Repeat (*)

So many days

You passed me by

See the tears

Standin' in my eyes

You didn't stop

To make me feel better

By leavin' me

A card or a letter

Repeat (*)

( Why don't you check it and see one more time

for me you gotta )

Wait a minute, wait a minute...

( Mister Postman )

Mister Postman look and see

( C'mon deliver the letter, the sooner, the better )

Mister Postman

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old January 9th, 2003, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Good additions. I had forgotten that the Carpenters had re-recorded it--so did the Beatles before them. But I remember my sisters doing the Mashed Potatos to the original by The Marvelettes as it played over AM radio. Teen-aged girls looked awfully scary to me then.

Hey--they do now, too...again! Does that mean I'm getting younger?

Steve
Old January 9th, 2003, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Mary Margaret. You have put a real kink in this thread--bear with me; this is quite a complicated tale. Your name, and the word "postman" and, believe it or not, Hitchcock's "Birds" are connected in my experience in a way that more or less implies the six degrees of separation among all people.

A little more than 13 years ago, I enterred my second and permanent marriage with a lady I met at work. I had known the lady for several years, and had even met her son, even before we started dating. About 2 weeks after we got married, she told me she wanted me to meet one of her best friends, who now lived about 35 miles north of our home. The friend, Margie, was a former neighbor who had baby sat for her son. The babysitter's husband was a postal carrier who had been transferred to their new home.
Of course, as the "new" husband, I had some misgivings about meeting "old" friends.

So, one Friday night about two weeks after our marriage, my wife said, "let's go up North, so you can meet Margie and Jon." I said, "absolutley." How could I resist? My wife and step-son had just gushed about that family--How their kids were like brothers and sisters to my step-son until they had moved; How much they missed having them as neighbors.

One of the stories I heard was that Margie had once travelled to England and had the gall to seek out, and find, her favorite author, Daphne DuMaurier. She even managed to get invited to sit and take tea with her in her home! That's how charming that lady is.

That trip north was first of many such delightful visits. The family adopted me as one of their own, even though they had known my wife's first husband. It was as if I had always been there with my wife. No transitions, misgivings, or suspicions toward me, whatsoever. They quickly became my favorite people in the world. Over the course of time, I attended all their kids' HS graduations. I attended their "bon voyage" parties when they went off to college and to the military.

Now, we'll jump forward a few years. Mine and my wife's company downsized. We each took new jobs, this time in different fields. My wife took a government office job and I a technical manufacturing job. In my new job I met this nice young man who reminded me very much of those folks up North. His personality and social presence was the same as those kids, similar convictions, standards, and innocence.

Now we'll jump a couple more years. The youngest daughter of the family, now a college grad, told me during a converstion that she was feeling alienated form others in her age group. That she was starting to feel lonely because all of her old friends in HS and college were already married and starting families and she wasn't even dating. I told her about my young, single colleague and asked if I could give him her phone number. He would, at least, make a very compatible friend, I just knew it!

So, I gave him the number. They met, and within six weeks, they were engaged.--Secretly, at first, because I had told the somewhat naive young man to go slowly when he met the girl. They wanted me to be their best man, as their source of inroduction.
So their respective families started planning a huge wedding. In the course of the wedding plans, during a dinner conversation among my wife, myself and the girl's parents, we discovered the source of our social compatibility. The girl's mother is my cousin! My grandfather and her greatgrandmother were brother and sister.

I come from a long line of Catholics on my mother's side. Around the turn of the 20th Century, my grandfather's sister committed the egregious sin of marrying outside the faith. So, that branch of the family was excluded for almost a full century before a conversation about football discovered a long lost cousin who's married to a postman.

And the reason I just had to tell the story is that I'm so delighted to be related to them!
I'm actually related to someone who had tea with the woman who wrote "The Birds."

I didn't mean to bore you. But sometimes i just have to tell that story.

Steve The "postman's" wife's cousin--and I didn't even know it.