Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to jayfoxfire Send a message via MSN to jayfoxfire
Default Pre Stay in Vancouver

Hello Again!!! My group of 12 will be flying into Vancouver a day early and staying at the Delta Pinnacle. Any thoughts/views/opinions/recommendations on that hotel, places around there to have dinner, or activities?

I booked the “Romance Package” for all 6 rooms at the rate of $163.82 (USD$, including taxes). The package includes a room on the 21st-31st floor (which are supposedly nicer, with down comforters and such), evening hors d’oeuvre in the Signature Club Lounge, continental breakfast in the room or lounge, fresh flowers in the room, chocolate & Champaign, and an amenity gift package.

I thought this was a good deal seeing as I checked the Days Inn and with taxes they were quoting $116.22 (USD$) with no amenities and the Delta Pinnacle was only $40 some dollars more and a nicer hotel.

Any comments/suggestions are welcome

=)

(also, any tips or referrals for a limo to xfer us from the airport to the hotel?)

Post Edited (01-09-03 16:44)

My Wedding Cruise on the Coral Princess
Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2003, 08:43 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Pre Stay in Vancouver

Jay - where is the hotel located? Downtown, near Canada place, Gastown? Makes a difference in how accessible things are.

Old January 10th, 2003, 07:54 PM
First Mate

Getting from the airport go to www.yvr.ca and follow the links under Arrivals for Getting From the Airport. The options are listed and it is about $35CDN per limo. (You could also phone the hotel for suggestions-they may help). Think you got a good deal when you compare the two hotels you listed. Can't help you on the other questions as don't venture downtown much anymore. Have fun!

richard
Old January 14th, 2003, 10:52 PM
Beginner

Hi Foxfire
I live in the Vancouver area so can help you. The Delta Pinnacle (only a couple of years old) is 5 - 10 minutes walk from the Canada Place cruise ship terminal. Its south west on the Stanley Park side. Its about 3/4 - 1 mile west of Gas Town. If you catch a cab up to Robson Street (less than a mile) there are many fine restaurants.

Vancouver has some of the finest Chinese cuisine this side of Hong Kong. We dine out frequently and know that Vancouver is one of the great gastromic bargains in the world.

World class meals can be had at "Bishops" & "Lumiere". Consistantly fighting it our for the best restaurant in the city for the last few years. They are about 15 -20 minutes by cab from the Delta.

If you want a more neighbourhood style restaurants take a cab over to English Bay and walk along Denman Street - there are dozens of restaurants, all types of cuisine and at all price levels. If you are fit you can walk to Denman St in about 10 minutes.

If the weather is nice and you want views, take a cab to "Season's In the Park". It is south of town but is situated on a hill in Queen Elizabeth Park and overlooks the city, with the mountains as a backdrop. 20 minutes by cab. It is also larger and could accommadate a bigger group quite easily.

In Stanley Park, there are two nice restaurants. "The Teahouse" overlooks English Bay and "The Fish House", not a great view, but lovely location in the park near the tennis courts.

All areas mentioned are safe at night for walking. Talk to the concierge at the hotel.

Have fun.

Lorne

PS I don't work in the hospitality industry, I just love showing of my hometown. You will have a ball with your $US.
PPS We are heading off on the Royal Princess - Buenos Aires to Valparaiso on Feb 22.
Old January 15th, 2003, 12:11 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to jayfoxfire Send a message via MSN to jayfoxfire
Default Re: Re: Pre Stay in Vancouver

Thank you soooooo much Lorne! I REALLY appreciate all of your recommendations!

My Wedding Cruise on the Coral Princess