Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2003, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Default Surgery

I don't want to keep anyone in the dark about my surgery but it's a strange subject to talk about. I am having a breast reduction done. I know it might sound tacky to some. But I have had years and years of back pain, neck pain and shoulder pain. 10 years ago I tried to get it done but the insurance refused to pay. Now with this insurance they agreed to pay for it So the surgery is over 3 hrs long and it is mayor surgery in a way. I am excited and scared at the same time. If anyone had it done please write to me and tell me of your experience. I am expected to loose 15 pounds <VBG>
But thank you for everyone who showed so much care and interest and support.That is why I wrote the above.......................If recovery goes well I am planning on taking the kids on a cruise in March for 5 days...so wish me luck...

Sponsored Links
Old January 13th, 2003, 10:12 AM
Linda T.

Default Re: Surgery

Susanne,
Your going to love it and you should be ok by then. It will be pushing it tho. Did you get my last email? I wrote it twice but my computer has a worm on it again!! Joe keeps downloading music off Kaaza and it gives us worms. Steven says that he'll keep fixing it for me but it gets old.
Good luck on your surgery and write me back soon...Linda
Old January 13th, 2003, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Surgery

Linda no I ahve not gotten e-mails I would have written back! I will write to you later on.Busy today kids have lots of projects they need to get done TODAY! Thanks my friend

Old January 13th, 2003, 11:07 AM
Linda T.

Default Re: Re: Re: Surgery

Man, I think my worm is turning into a snake... Ok, I'll write you again. If you don't get it today, post here and let me know ok so I can call Steven back. Then I'm going to uninstall Kaaza. I hate to tho. Since Joe has started driving the entertainer coaches he downloads a few songs of the bands he takes on their tours. He wants to at least know a little about them before he leaves. Since he likes country music he's completely lost with all the rap and rocks bands.
Old January 13th, 2003, 11:22 AM
Admiral

I haven't had it done but I had a friend who did. She said the recovery was kind of tough but she was so glad she had it done. She felt wonderful and had a whole new outlook on life when she was fully healed. That was many years ago and I haven't seen her recently, so I can't offer any more insights, but I hope it goes as well for you as it did for her.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old January 13th, 2003, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Sue:
I have to friends who had this surgery and both say it is the best thing they have ever done. Good luck to you. I'll keep you in my prayers for a quick recovery.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old January 13th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Admiral

ML and Michelle.....thanks for the kind words It helps to have support! Linda did get your email and I wrote back...

ML thanks for the prayers.....Linda I don't think you have a worm I think the computer just hates the music!

Old January 13th, 2003, 01:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Sue,
Wishing you the best of luck with this operation, I too think you will feel physically and mentally a ton better after you are all healed up. Then, a cruise to look forward to, be sure to let us know how you are doing!

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 13th, 2003, 03:08 PM
First Mate

I actually have a guy friend who had it done..and he loved it....so its just not for women!
Mary Margaret
Old January 13th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Admiral

Thanks Donna! I will keep eryone updated and as the date draws closer I will ask for more prayers. Mary M very interesting! But I have seen guys with very large hmmm tops and surgery sounds the right path to take. I nursed 3 kids too so this did not help me a bit.

Old January 13th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Admiral

Sue, my mother had it done several years ago. She was about 60 then. The day she came home from surgery she was already in good spirits and could not help herself from looking down her top <VBG>. She recovered well with no problems and it's been now about 5 years. The scars are minimal and she is very very happy. She exercises and they got in the way so this was good for her. She would do it over and over again many times as it is worth it! Good luck to you. I am sure all will go well and you will be very pleased!

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old January 13th, 2003, 07:34 PM
Admiral

Diane thank you for the positive encouragement I am very happy for your mom and glad the surgery went well. I am a bit worried about the recovery time but from what you are writing it does not seem to be too long. Thank you for the info

Old January 13th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Admiral

Sue,
I wish you the best in your surgery, and I know that with your positive attitude you will recover quickly.

Old January 13th, 2003, 09:18 PM
Admiral

I only know of a friend's sister who had this surgery and was very glad she did. Don't know any details, but thanks for sharing your concerns with all of us, we'll be thinking of you. Good luck, and what better reward to look forward to, than a cruise! Go out and buy yourself a new (smaller - top) bathing suit!

Old January 13th, 2003, 09:20 PM
Admiral

P.S. I too will be going in for surgery in Feb., the 7th, for a foot operation. Means I can't work for a week or 2, so I guess I'll be spending alot of time here.....

Old January 14th, 2003, 02:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Sue, a friend of mine had it done last september. She is only 1.60 m high and had a DD cup (no idea of american sizes, but this is big). Also backpain, neckpain, and sour arms at the end, she works in a restaurant.

She said the first week is so so, because of the healing and the stitches, but afterwards she felt so relieved, wondering why she did not do it years ago. It took her about 4 weeks before she could move properly again, but boy oh boy, is she happy.

Go for it, Sue! Good luck and let us know how you feel.

Read and post cruise reviews

Old January 14th, 2003, 07:15 AM
Admiral

You gals are great! I knew I can count on you all for help and support Thanks so much!

Jacqueline DD sounds like an american size I think. Glad your friend was happy about the end result. The recovery time does sound long but what is 4 weeks ? After that it should be feeling great! Rollerdonna...I have already bought smaller bras at Victoria Secret <not parachutes > and I have looked at bathing suits. I can't wait to wear them! Sorry to hear about your surgery but this just means you can relax and enjoy time off ....Good luck! Jennifer thank you and I am positive about it,,Just a tiny bit nervous about them putting me under for so long I hate that. Thanks so much.......

Jacqueline 2 more days WOW! I wish I was going..Are you going with friends? I did not follow all your posts I think....How long are you flying ?10 hrs? BTW it is getting warmer here in Florida now in the 70's so you should be better then last week...

Old January 14th, 2003, 08:38 AM
Admiral

Sue,
With any surgery, there is always a bit of apprehension. Even in this day and age of medical advances any surgery has its concerns. I pray all goes well and your recovery is a speedy one.

and laughing is contagious,
heres hoping for an epidemic!
Old January 14th, 2003, 08:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Sue, no, it is just dh and me, but the second week we stay with friends in Florida. They are also at the dock of Key West on Sunday for my birthday.
The flight is about 8 hours from Amsterdam to Orlando, is not that long.

Good to hear the weather is warming up, so I can leave my furrrrrrr coat at home (G).

Old January 14th, 2003, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Jason thank you for your prayers also....Jacqueline the flight sounds great! The rates to fly to europe are bargains right now. Living in Florida but never been Key West but we are planning on going there this year. I have also looked at the pride and maybe I will cruise her too. I have to wait and do this on a very short notice <like 1 week before> to see if I can makle the trip after surgery. Yes leave the coats at home, it is nice outside!

Old January 14th, 2003, 05:14 PM
SusanA

Sue,

I just sent you an e-mail.

Susan
Old January 14th, 2003, 05:17 PM
Admiral

Sue, we too will keep you in our prayers. Our wishes for a speedy recovery. It will be fun buying all those much smaller size clothes. You're gonna love it.

Gaile
CM Host Tweety

102 days till Constellation
and
"Springtime in Europe"
Old January 14th, 2003, 06:03 PM
Admiral

Sue ,

I'll be keeping you in my prayers too. From the responses here, it sounds like the comfort you will feel will far outweigh the short time discomfort. I'm glad you have to courage to go for it.

Phyll

Old January 15th, 2003, 07:28 AM
Admiral

Susan I did get your e-mail and will respond..thank you so much.Phyll yes it is awesome the kind of support this generated. I am convinced there are many caring people in the world. Tweety thank you too....I can't wait to buy smaller size clothes! Due to all the weight I lost already I have bought smaller stuff but the top ..there is only so much I can do ! I will post a picture in march before and after with different tops on

Old January 15th, 2003, 04:07 PM
SusanA

Sue,

I can't wait to hear from you. I know how you feel now and how you will feel. It is such a good feeling when it is all done and over.

Write when you can.

Susan