Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2003, 05:58 AM
First Mate

Default Good Morning!!!!!

Wow I dont think I've been first before! I guess I'm the only one who works on Saturdays. I hope everyones enjoys the long weekend off to WARM central Florida tonight till Wed. Didn't hear the weather for today in Boston but the sun is coming up, but it does look cold..See everyone Wed.

Majesty Of The Seas 06
Carnival Victory06
Holland America Oosterdam 05
Carnival inspiration04
Carnival Destiny04
Carnival Legend03
Imagination99
Sensation94,96,98,01
Jubilee92,97,00
Festival87
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2003, 06:05 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Morning!!!!!

Good morning from BRRRrrrrrrr Long Island, NY. Weather forcasts for the next week up here are for the temps to be in the low 20's and below with wind chill factors of below zero at times. Now doesn't that make you guys and gals that live down south feel better. This is one realllllly Cold Winter. Perfect time for cruising, and I still have to wait 98 days. It'll probably be steaming by then. Go figure.

Anyway have a great Saturday.

Gaile
CM Host Tweety

98 days till Constellation
and
"Springtime in Europe"
Old January 18th, 2003, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Morning!!!!!

Morning all. Reporting in from freezing cold Florida! Low last night was in the upper 20's and the high for today around 50. Our azaleas don't know what to do. They were blooming last week and now will have to close back up until it warms again. There's relief in the future though.

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 18th, 2003, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Good morning, all. It is now 9 degrees in Central Ohio, up a full 6 degrees in the last hour. But it promises to reach into the 20s. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, the tropics.

I won't be attending the Buckeye Championship rally at the horseshoe today--too crowded, too cold. Speaking of football...Thomas, the cold in Florida could be a good thing. The Bucs will be acclimated to the temp in Philadelphia when they face the Eagles.
Go Bucs!

Steve

21 days until Sensation, gonna bid the sea my salutation.
Old January 18th, 2003, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Steve, I was in Philly/Delaware all last week and that seemed to be a topic of discussion on the radio sports shows. But it's like the radio host said, the Eagles practice indoors in shorts and jerseys too, so they are only used to playing in the cold on Sundays maybe 3 or 4 games more than the Bucs so it shouldn't matter. Where it really matters, IMO, is the aches and pains tend to hurt more in cold so whoever is delivering the bigger blows should be more comfortable in the game.

I'm looking forward to both of these games. Mrs. Thomas and the weiner dog left for Tennessee this morning so I have the house to myself. Let's see; hot gumbo, a tray of snacks, cold beer and no distractions......................AHHHHHHH ! ! ! !

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 18th, 2003, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Good Saturday morning cruisemates. Crisp and clear weather in central Texas. Sorry to hear about some of the "cold spots" others are experiencing. I'll be complaining, loudly, over the noise of the air conditioner in August, that's it's too hot and all the vegetation is brown from the drought. Which state has perfect moderate temperatures all year long? lol

I really think the "snowbirds" have the right idea. Summer in their northern home state, and winter in their preferred southern vacation state. Oh, and wouldn't it be nice of course to have a beach house, a mountain chalet, a condo in FLL and MIA for pre/post cruising, and a .....

Think I'll get a few things done at work today, and then take the rest of the weekend for whatever. Maybe I'll jet to the beach house in La Jolla! lol

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old January 18th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Admiral

"Which state has perfect moderate temperatures all year long? lol"......Mermaid

Well, Hawaii has 85 as a high in the warmest months and 80 as a high in the coldest months. But unfortunately, if we all went to Hawaii who'd be in the seats at the stadiums?

But then if we were in Hawaii who'd care right?

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 18th, 2003, 10:28 AM
Admiral

Morning all-- off to work I go----
Very foggy here in San Jose this morning but its supposed to reach 70 ????? who knows--- how the day will turn out---- or that football game tomorrow-- it's a very big thing around here-- Raiders ??? who are they ???
Cheers all
April
Old January 18th, 2003, 11:12 AM
susancruzs

Hi, Everyone!

Kuki's Klipper is still hanging out here in NE Illinois and I'd rather have some snow. We still don't have measurable snow on the ground unusual for Chicago area at this time of the year!

The Klipper is reaching pretty far, saw the temps for GA/FL and pretty cold there, too for those going there to escape!!!

I'm just hanging out, hoping my water lines don't freeze and that the diesel car starts.
Feel like I'm babysitting, don't want to stray too far for too long!!! :-) Guess I'll watch the football, too though I don't care who wins really.

Susie
Old January 18th, 2003, 11:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning... er, afternoon. My gosh it was cold in Orlando last night! Before you scoff, the temperature was actually well below freezing. That's okay, my friends and I went downtown and warmed up with that time-tested remedy, beer. I had to drive, though, bummer.

Everyone enjoy your Saturday.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old January 18th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Thomas, that gumbo sounds fine, on a day like today. Speaking of wiener dogs, Sprint has a funny commercial, almost superbowl quality. A guy orders 200 oxen and gets 200 dachshunds. Stampede!

Steve
Old January 18th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Admiral

Thomas I have been wanting to move to Hawaii for a few years now. Too be honest I think it is way too cold here in Florida. Whats up with that?

Looked at the car again I think we will buy a bug so I have something fun to drive around. Cold here and we are out of here now going out to eat....low carb food off course...everyone have a super day......