CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Just Booked Star Princess guarenteed balcony 4-5-03 Yeah! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/262756-just-booked-star-princess-guarenteed-balcony-4-5-03-yeah.html)

Chuck Palm January 18th, 2003 04:41 PM

Just Booked Star Princess guarenteed balcony 4-5-03 Yeah!

I couldn't resist. The offer was toooooo good for a guarenteed balcony on Star Princess on 04-05-03. I've been to all of these ports before, but have great friends in Puerto Vallarta. The cruise fare was literally less than flying round trip to P.V.

Mare and Conrad, our friends will be thrilled and so will we.

richard January 18th, 2003 05:55 PM

Re: Just Booked Star Princess guarenteed balcony 4-5-03 Yeah

Chuck,
Way to go, you do seem to hunt down some good deals! It would be nice just doing "your own thing" in the ports, much more relaxing I think.

We had to cancel our Mex trip and are going north on May 31 w/o child. Not as warm, but it is a cruise. We will hit Mexico again as the airfare is relatively cheap from here. Any chance you'll post some pics from your last trip?

richard

Chuck Palm January 18th, 2003 06:03 PM

Re: Re: Just Booked Star Princess guarenteed balcony 4-5-03

I'm just learning the digital camera. I'll post them as soon as I figure out how to do it.

Richard, are you going north to Alaska? If so, which trip? I love Alaska a lot. The glaciers are amazing. Chile was actually a lot like Alaska and Washington/Oregon states in certain parts.

richard January 18th, 2003 10:29 PM

Re: Re: Re: Just Booked Star Princess guarenteed balcony 4-5

Hi Chuck, Alaska it is, 7 day return from Vancouver. We go to Juneau, Skagway, Hubbard, then Ketchikan. Back on the Radiance but this time Cat. M on Deck 8. No suite this time!

I've been to Skagway in 1994 and Ev's been to Ketchikan a couple times as a teenager (we both prev. lived in Prince Rupert). Hubbard glacier should be the highlight, esp if we get close. We probably won't take the train in Skagway, maybe the bus tour to the summit as its cheaper and shorter. Noticed there are a lot of excursions in each port. Mainly just a trip to relax for a week.

Now S America ...one day it could happen. It would be interesting for sure. Have a good weekend!

richard

Chuck Palm January 19th, 2003 08:15 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Just Booked Star Princess guarenteed balcony

I've not been to Hubbard Glacier. I've heard it is even more impressive than Glacier Bay.I think you will have a great time.

We took the Skagway train a few years ago and were not impressed. It is cute but very slow. The scenery is very Washington and Oregon like and not spectacular to we norwesterners. The "Liarsville" mining camp is pretty bad too unless you are a seven year old kid. You may just want to go off and do your own thing there. I bet you could rent a car for a reasonable price and just go exploring.

I'm jealous, have fun!

Chuck Palm January 19th, 2003 08:55 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just Booked Star Princess guarenteed bal

I forgot to mention that the whale watching in Juneau is really great but you probably already know that.

Phyllbo January 19th, 2003 09:20 AM

Congratulations Chuck on your new cruise booking.

Sounds like you don't keep your feet on dry land too long. Way to go!!!!

Phyll

mbuckellew January 20th, 2003 08:56 AM

Sounds like a great booking, Chuck, congrats! Just a few short months away!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

richard January 21st, 2003 12:09 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just Booked Star Princess guarenteed bal

Thanks for your replies Chuck.

As for your other post on Mazatlan, we did the Shopping Beach Lunch and Show tour. We thought the show was good, and the beach was relaxing. For our (now cancelled) next trip we were considering the Old Mazatlan Walking tour. But there does not seem to be that much for excursions, since a lot of them include the shopping and show. Hopefully you'll get some good suggestions. Thanks again!

richard