Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2004, 12:10 PM
venice

Default How Does Your Spouse Put Up With You

If they don't share in your "passion" for cruising. I am very blessed to have a very nice girlfriend that I have been dating for about 16 months that thinks I'm slightly "off my rocker" regarding my love of cruising. She has been on 3 cruises (2 on CCL and 1 on Disney) and we will be going on our first together this September on the Caribbean Princess. She enjoyed her cruises but doesn't get excited about going on one the way I do

What caused her to make that comment was I just ordered my personalized plates for my new VW Beetle that I'm treating myself to and of course it reads "CRZTVCE' (Cruise to Venice). She understands my late mid life crisis (my first car was a 1961 black beetle) but she so "kindly" pointed out that my screen saver on my computer at home features the Caribbean Princess and at work it's the Royal Olympia Explorer (which was my last cruise in 2002). I enter every contest that features a cruise or spa that I can find (she doesn't mind if I win a spa vacation because she is a "spa freak)", I subscribe to 2 major cruise publications(plus get 4 cruiseline complimentry magazines) and have virtually every cruise line home page saved on my favorites and yes, check CM about twice a day

I told her I understand why she loves spas, but she doesn't understand my thing with cruising...how do you handle when your spouse/significant other doesn't share the cruise passion like you do ? Never had this problem with old girlfriends who all loved cruising
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Admiral

Default Re: How Does Your Spouse Put Up With You

Well I have to admit that my wife is not as carzy about cruising as I am but she does love it..a week before the cruise she will get excited but she does not live it like I do.
If it were left up to me and I had the financial means..I would cruise at least 4 times a yr...all in all though she shares the fun and excitment with me just as she has with everything I have done in my life except for driving a truck.

Old July 25th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Admiral

No problem here; hubby is more cruise-crazy than me! (and it's all his fault that I'm as hooked as I am!)

donna

Old July 25th, 2004, 01:25 PM
First Mate

I'm the cruise nut: see ship-talk to TA-book ship. I study cruise books, ship layout, change cabins 2 or 3 times all that stuff. She sits back & loves it when we get down to a week.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old July 25th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Admiral

If I waited for hubby to get excited about a cruise we would never go. He definitely knows better than to rain on my parade however and just says "Yes Dear" to whatever I say. Only time he gets a little testy is when I'm putting him on a 7 or 8 hour flight to somewhere.

Carnival Glory
Old July 25th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Admiral

She loves cruising too, but not as much as I do. I guess it's because she has real days off every week and I don't, so the cruise is the only time when I'm really off from all work and can spend my time treating Thomas. If my wife didn't like cruising then the next one would.

Regards,
Thomas
Old July 25th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Ichellebereel

My Dh hate cruising. But stop me from going. My hubby loves for me to cruise because, after being separate for 7-10 days,, we make up for it when I get home. That's the best part of the cruise. I miss him when there are certain activities that requires your spouse or when there is nice slow music playing, I truly miss him. I thank God for my husband because of his fears that doesn't stop him for allowing me to cruise twice a year! People ask me how can you cruise by yourself? Don't you get lonely? Yes I do get lonely, but why would I mess with a possibility for a week and I have a guarantee for life. Just thank God at least you guys cruise together.
Old July 25th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

My husband loves cruising just as much as I do. He just doesn't read the boards but is always interested in hearing about everybody and swears he'll make it to a get together lunch someday!
Angela Z., who really does have a hubby even if Jack was starting to wonder!

Old July 25th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Lynne &Trevor

My husband cruised way back in the 1970's when he and his ex-wife happened to get onboard at the last minute because of a cancellation on the Flavia, out of Ft.Lauderdale. He hadn't cruised since then, unless you counted the SeaEscape and the SunCruz gambling ships.
Then, our neighbors treated us to a cruise in 1998. We couldn't afford to go on our own until 2001. After that, Hubby was Hooked! We were on the Golden in a large room with a balcony to the Eastern Caribbean! When we got back he'd say we'd wait a year inbetween. That lasted about a month and then he was looking for a cruise again. He's figured that it's the most economical way to vacation --which is what I'd try to tell him in the first place. Now, we've been on a cruise every year since then.This was the year we were going to skip again, since last year's was more expensive than previous cruises. Ya know what? This one was in the bag in February already. Finally, we're down to 54 days to go! As I said, every year when he says we're going to skip the year, I'll say, "OK, Honey". Then I'll come from work and he'll have the cruise site on!

As for the Boards, he's the one who got me onto the sites, which created a monster, because I found the Boards and spend a lot of time in here typing to my newfound friends! I know that at one of our get-togethers, we'll get to see AngelaZ's other half! Lynne PS. Trevor served aboard two different aircraft carriers when he was in the Navy .(Enterprise and Kittyhawk)==talk about BIG CRUISERS!)

Old July 26th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Well.....guess I'll know in September when dh takes his first cruise!

So far, however, he has been, well....shall we say "reluctant".

I'm hoping he loves it, but doubt he'll love it as much as I do.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old July 26th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Dorothy? You may end up like my DW..she is the one who wanted to go on our first cruise and I was the reluctant one..did'nt think I would like it that much..welllll guess what..she has created a MONSTER in me and now she I am the cruise nut of the family....go figure..but watch out!!..You may wake up a sleeping giant in Trevor with this first one.

Old July 26th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Yeoman

my wife doesnt like cruising to the degree that i do -- she manages to consent to a cruise and then gets mad at me for spending so much time on the boards and rereading whatever info i have on hand regarding the cruise --she doesnt get too excited until about 1 week before when she has to start packing ---this next cruise may be a little different-- we are sailing with a couple we met on the odam this past march and i have been e mailing a couple we met in 02 on the zaandam going to alaska and i wrote them inviting them to join us and even though they have been on the cruise 3 times before they are going again because we asked them to join us---my bw had a burst of excitement when i told her but that has passed -- so now she just bugs me about the time on the computer but i will have the last laugh about 1 week before the cruise

Old July 27th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Admiral

Hope you're right BigJohn.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04