Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2003, 06:45 PM
Paul Beighley

Default Good Service Versus Bad Service

Hi,

I didn't put this in the gripes section, because this is a comparison of service on the RCI Splendour and Carnival Conquest. I have cruised on both ships during the past six weeks.

Service on Splendour was far superior to that on Conquest, perhaps because the tips on Conquest are automically added to the sign and sail account and those on Splendour are handed out the last night of the cruise. As one example, we had to specifically had to ask our Cabin Attendant for ice on Conquest, and then we received it only once a day or not at all. On Splendour, it appeared twice a day without ever asking.

In the dining room, on Conquest we had to ask for ice tea each night, and then the glass was seldom refilled. On Splendour, we were asked the first night if we wished ice tea, and then the whole cruise our water and tea glasses were never empty. On Spendour, fresh bread
was on the tables, and the baskets were refilled as needed. On Conquest, a waiter appeaded with a tray of bread at the beginning of dinner, served you what you asked for, and bread never appeared again.

Personnel on Splendour were always friendly all over the ship, while many of the people who worked on Conquest were more aloof or distant. Perhaps the differences resulted from the way the cruise lines treat their employees.

As far as food was concerned, the soups and desserts were comparable on both ships, but the appetizers and entrees on Conquest were far superior. This did amaze me.

Peggy and I did enjoy both cruises, and I would be glad to give some other comparisons is anyone wishes.
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2003, 02:36 AM
thoth

Default Iced tea

I know good service when I see it. Last August on the HAL Maasdam, on the first night I ordered iced tea and every night after that there was a glass of iced tea waiting for me when I arrived.
Old January 29th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Service Versus Bad Service

nothing compares to good service. It can make or break your cruise experience
Old January 29th, 2003, 09:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Good Service Versus Bad Service

I have cruised HAL and RCLL - the service was great on both, particularly with my son who doesn't eat vegetables (well only peas) so he likes cucumber with his food - we asked for it once and it did'nt matter what he was eating, everynight we sat down there was a plate of cucumber waiting for him plus a chocolate milk drink - by the end of the cruise he was fed up with both but didnt want to upset the waiter by not eating/drinking it!! One night Marc couldn't choose a dessert so they brought him a little bit of everything. The crews on both ships couldn't be faulted - they make your holiday.
HAL staff even remember what coffee you like in the bar and most impressively your names - we didn't go every night either.
Old February 5th, 2003, 12:50 PM
JenS

Default Re: Re: Good Service Versus Bad Service

Cruise lines do not realize how much service means to a cruise. We had a rude dining room waiter on Carnival Fantasy and that will stay in our minds for a long time .