Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2003, 05:28 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Good Morning!

It's Wednesday, Hump Day. It is 19 and cloudy here in SE Wisconsin....but back into the deep freeze tonight. Got about an inch of the white stuff yesterday afternoon....just in time for me to shovel right after supper. Hope everyone has a great day!

Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2003, 05:42 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Morning!

Good morning Lisa and all the CruiseMates to follow. I honestly cannot take any more of this winter!!!! Woke up this morning to another 3" - 4" of snow and we are expecting another 2" by lunch time. The good news is.....we finally got up to the freezing mark....32 degrees. MAKE IT STOP!!!!! My co-worker just told me that there were only 3 days in January that it did not snow. Have a great day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old January 29th, 2003, 06:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers. Mild temperatures in central Texas, but dreary skies. Send some snow south Mary Lou, the kids will love it!

It's hard to believe January is almost over. I hope February slows the year down a little bit. The older I become the faster the merry-go-round!

Have a good one!

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old January 29th, 2003, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from the Arizona desert. It was actually chilly when I took Oscar the Shih Tzu out at 05:00! It's only supposed to get up to the mid 70's today, and you can certainly feel the difference. Mary Lou, I honestly don't know how you handle it. I grew up in Flagstaff, AZ, where we average 183 inches of now a year, and I grew to HATE it. Sure, it's beautiful to look at, but, beyond that, it's just NO FUN! Happy hump day, everyone!

Old January 29th, 2003, 07:01 AM
Admiral

ML, remember all those balmy, warm, "shorts" winters of the past few years? The bill came due and immediate payment is demanded! By the time this winter is over we'll probably have a few years' credit. I predict that Phil will not see his shadow on Sunday.
And I know how that system works. If he sees his shadow, it's 6 weeks more of winter;
if he doesn't see his shadow, it's only 42 days until Spring<VBG> And, of course, come the equinox, poof, it's instant greenery and bikinis.

Michelle, I have a feeling that the 16 year old blonde from Circleville, Oh will become the next American Idol. Whether or not she carries the competition, she will have a high profile career, too soon. She has that "Britney/Christina" look and, probably, the parents to exploit it. Real diva larva. Her angelic innocence will be sacrificed on the world wide altar of pop culture to feed an insatiable apetite for mass entertainment. Watch! Within a year, you'll see her videos on MTV. Her Sturm und Drang have just begun.

Everybody be careful out there. Keep dreaming of cruising.

Addendum to GM message...to the folks down South, my apologies in advance. My now daily zipcode forecasts indicate that I might be hitching a cold front to my Jeep. The current trend looks like the temps in Tampa will be in the mid-day mid-sixties on the day I sail.

The good news is that the snow will fall off the hitch somewhere in the Piedmont. On my first sea morning, I'll probably have to wear my windbreaker and jeans during my morning coffee at the lido taffrail. Where are those tropics I've read about? I only wish to visit, not to chill.

Steve

10 more days until Sensation; expecting to tow some refrigeration.

Post Edited (01-29-03 09:45)
Old January 29th, 2003, 07:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

We're having a heat wave, a tropical heat wave..... It's gone from -32 to -5 and it feels almost balmy! I wonder where I put my shorts?? I'm dreaming of something frothy and creamy that tastes like bananas and chocolate.
Have a great hump day friends!
joelin
Old January 29th, 2003, 07:29 AM
Familiar Face

Another Az. cruiser says good morning. It will be another day to pull out the short sleeves and shorts.

CarolynB
Eloy, Az

Regal Princess 2003- Panama Canal
Sapphire Princess 2006-Mexico
Norwegian Star 2008- Mexico....Garden Villa..WOW what an up sale. Photos in webshots
Carnival Spirit 2010-Mexico

http://community.webshots.com/user/noytay
Old January 29th, 2003, 07:34 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Morning!

And a good morning from Florida where it is a bit warmer and I think I can sit on my lanai today and soak in the rays a bit.

Mid week let the rest of the days pass quickly.... Be blessed

Old January 29th, 2003, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Long Island, NY. We are actually witnessing Global Warming at it's finest this morning. The temperatures here have climbed to a whopping 27F. Looking at snow falling as I sit here typing. ML you are right it just seems to never stop, but it makes looking forward to that next cruise even more special.

Have a great day everyone!

Carnival Glory
Old January 29th, 2003, 07:44 AM
susancruzs

Good Morning Everyone!

A sort of heat wave here this a.m. 30 or so, snow yesterday, all of 3 inches maybe. Must be a total for us of maybe 9 or 10 inches this year (sorry, ML)!

Think I'll get out today and start the job search again, almost February, pretty soon I'll talk myself into waiting until after the Brilliance in March, or maybe after I go to AZ the first week in May!!!! :-)

Susie
Old January 29th, 2003, 07:54 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Auguste

Good morning from the NC coast, getting warmer here also. All the way up to the 4o. today Have a great day, stay warm Auguste
Old January 29th, 2003, 08:28 AM
TomS

Good morning from the Mile High CIty!

Another cool, dry day here. Calling for upper 40s today.

We have only had one day of snow here in January. ML, send that white stuff this way! They are talking about cancelling youth sports leagues because the fields can't take the drought and the people playing on them.

TomS
Old January 29th, 2003, 08:49 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. Got a slow start today, didn't sleep well last night. At least today is like Thursday to me, since I'm off work Friday.

I would agree, Steve, that she will at least make the finals. I didn't think she sang that impressively, but she did have that "look." Well, this show isn't really about talent, anyway. More's the shame.

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old January 29th, 2003, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Good Wednesday morning all!! Its heatwave time ! whopping 25 degrees this morning. going to have to get out the shorts and tank tops!! it seems like this winter will never end, its just the end of January. and we usually get some of our worst winter weather in February - Yipee!!
Old January 29th, 2003, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A bit warmer here in Calgary. High today 32... predicting 45 tomorrow. Not SO BAD for Jan. in Canada.

Got to sleep in a little extra today, as it's my shopping day at Costco, and they don't open until 10. Amazing how much stuff will fit into my little Camaro.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 29th, 2003, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Morning gang,,,
We are finally warming up here on the coast of Va. Near 50 today,,,but overcast right now,,,and rain later this p.m. Guess we can't have it all. I'll take the warmer weather,,,even with rain.

I have gotten the suitcases out and am starting to pack up. We leave for that long journey down the east coast next Tuesday afternoon. Can;t wait !!

Steve when do you leave? I think you said that you'll be driving also??? From Columbus eh? I must tell you I am originally from Michigan,,,Go Blue !!! But will give this year to your team,,,they did a great job,,,,but wait till next season. <VBG>

Hope ya'll have a great "hump day"

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old January 29th, 2003, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Morning!

Travelnut, right now the only almunus of OSU who has never been to a single Buckeye football game is typing to you. Yes, my Bucks did a great job this past season. Thank you for your acknowledgement of that fact. After so many years of thugball It's good to see them get back to the kind of academic/football that was the rule under Woody's reign. But when the Bucks drop the ball, I'll go Blue for the conference. I emphasize only under those conditions. <VBG>

Chris and I working on changing our travel plan, pending hotel availability. We plan now to leave noon on Wednesday, and stop overnight in Charleston, WV to viisit some relatives. Then back on the road early Thursday to an overnight in SC. She doesn't know yet that I've built in a stop at a store for her benefit. She's an ardent stamping hobbyist and I located a store in Columbia that should absolutely delight her. I'm sure she'll scream at me when I take the "wrong" exit and then "Oh! Lookie there."

On Friday we'll drive on through to Tampa. If you're leaving on Tuesday, you'll be well ahead of us. I always take the 95 route to anywhere in Florida because it's a little safer
than the 75 route at this time of the year. Better the snow of the Appalachians than the ice, freezing rain, and fog of the Smokies. At least I haven't seen any of the latter on the Eastern slope. Occasionally, some fog around Brunswick, Ga but not nearly as dense as on the Mississippi River side of the range.

Steve
Old January 29th, 2003, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Ok so it hit 70 here yesterday in San Jose CA-- a bit cooler here right now but the sun is peaking through. Sort of wish it would at least rain-- we need water I think ? for our summer months---
Oh well off to work I go-----
Take care all
Cheers April
Good morning too
Old February 15th, 2003, 10:29 AM
First Mate

Default testing sig.

testing.

Pacific Princess Papeete to Sydney