Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2004, 10:55 AM
venice

Default Definition of Insanity

At my church this morning, there was a guest minister (I always stay awake when there is a guest minister (smile)...her message included a definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result

Even though I was fully awake and enjoyed her message, I must confess my mind "wanders" sometimes during the message and for some unknow reason (and I know God will forgive me because( he/she) sponsored the first cruise on Noah's Ark), I was thinking about reading this board and wondering why "we" take so many cruises as our preferred vacation style sometimes over and over again on the same ship, same line, same ports of call,same time every year etc.,etc.etc.

Does that me that people who love to cruise are sane or insane ?

A footnote, after church I did my routine and purchased the Sunday paper and went to my favorite place for breakfast, opened up the travel section and there was a big insert offering a special rate on a 3 day cruise on the American Queen out of New Orleans..I took this as a sign from God because it's something I can afford to send my very best friend and her mother (both have never cruised before) as a way of saying thank you for their support during my heart attack last year on 9/5/04. This will be a great way to introduce them to cruising before I take them on a 7 day cruise next spring
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Re: Definition of Insanity

Gotta love the insanity if it makes me cruise over and over again!

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 25th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Admiral

If this is insanity, take me away. :-)

Carnival Glory
Old July 25th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Venice, that is very kind of you re:treating your friend & her Mum. No, you said insanity is when you expect a different result: cruising you expect the same result=a good time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old July 25th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to lexxity

i'm definitely insane then.
the other defenition is, of course, working for an airline!! i think i need a holiday!

Queen Elizabeth 2 - Trans-Atlantic 2001
Queen Mary 2 - Caribbean - 2004
Queen Mary 2 - Mediterranean - 2004

QM2 Transatlantic
QE2 40th Anniversary Round Britain Cruise.
Old July 25th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Insanity would be an UPGRADE for me.

Old July 25th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Renna

Hi Everyone , 1st I have to say Thanks what a nice bunch of people. I think your all quiet sane most of the time.
Rollerdonna I've loved following your trip as you posted it. We're going on the same ship Aug. 29 .
I showed Jordan (youngest 13) the picture of the alien light but didn't tell him where . A quest -thanks the fun begins.
You all have great ideals . I think you just might save my sanity preparing for this cruise. Thanks for all the hints for diabetic care ,they are real life savers.
Now i'd like to pass on a tip if your like me - too busy to keep it straight .
I bought a plastic accordan file and made labels and files for packing lists ,pre cruise hotel reciept s (got on priceline thanks to you all) Boarding passports ,funpass, ports .Need extra files use card stock & a label. I even made a place for printed directions who to get where we are planning to go while in Miami . I'm going to carry the file in my tote bag . Oh I might need to clairafy its a kids sized file this one has Pooh on it about a inch thick. My husband is sooo happy. I'll be able to find what I need pretty quick. We have to carry extra paperwork ,prescriptions ,dr. notes ect since the youngest is diabetic. I made a door sign thanks to you all and even made up Thank You cards for the people who go out of their way to help or be extra nice. The kids colored them last night .
My husband is looking forward to being away from "OUR ZOO" since we have 3 kids -20,16,13 and lots of animals.
(oldest not coming this trip -house sitting -he might be the smart one after driving 16 plus hours to Miami,daughter with new drivers permit -thats a big MAYBE she can drive a little)
We have joked about putting a sign at the end of the driveway Zoo hours are..... We currently have 4 cocktiels 3 of which are rescue birds the other is 11 years old and our 1st bird . 2 senegals who are also 11 and we've had since hatchlings . A quaker bought after our last cruise 3 years ago (it was our 20th year anv. -named her Annie short for Avn. bird.) then we rescued a quaker shortly after. A tiny parrotlette makes it 9 noisy parrots . Some of his days off I'd swear he love to fix quaker soup -haha but that would end a long mostly happy marriage. We also have 4 dogs the baby is a 7lb. poodle just a year old . Oh and one great rabbit -Dune bought on a trip to the beach. See a pattern -haha I don't see a thing . Husband thinks he will be safe on this trip ( he will wev'e hit max on the animals unless....)
He jokes : They come(animals ) and stay for the rest of their lives so he has to go (trips ) to stay sane . He loves me I have proof everyday . I still have the birds& all the dogs .
Anyway thanks to you all , I've gotten great advice ,and laughted a lot . Reminds me of how close the families got on the Marine Moms boards as my son went through Marine bootcamp last year. He 's the housesitter this time -he tore up his ankle on the crusible and is recovering from surgery to fix it then see if he can go back to the Marines . I really felt for the Mom who's son was in bootcamp ,glad you heard from him .
Well thanks again , I promise next time I'll keep it short just wanted you to know you touch peoples lives in a up beat way . THIS cruise is Our reward for living through Marine bootcamp & all his surgeries & a newly diabetic son. After all that the animals are a piece of cake . What's that Phrase " I know God won't give me more than I can Handle -I wish he trusted me less ". Thats been the last year of our lives. Almost better now - Paradise in 35 days . Thanks to you all.
Old July 25th, 2004, 01:37 PM
First Mate

If cruises are insanity then I hope the nut house has a balcony suite for me. (prefer the hump)

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old July 25th, 2004, 01:50 PM
cruisingkandJ

Default Re: Re: Definition of Insanity

Jim and Lesley, you beat me to it. I was going to say if a balcony cabin is insanity, then lead me to it!

J.
Old July 25th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Lynne &Trevor

There's a Jimmy Buffet lyric that says something to effect that " if we weren't so happy we'd all go insane" (Changes in Attitudes, Changes in Lattitudes) Or, if we weren't so crazy we'd all go insane. Like the others, lead me to the Balcony!!!! We've been to the Western Caribbean 3x and now this is the 2nd time for the Eastern. Each time there's something different to do, and people to meet. I love to just be on the Ship! It drives me more insane to have to wait a year between cruises, especially after having found a wonderful board like this one where we're all sharing our fun times! Lynne

Old July 27th, 2004, 04:36 AM
Yeoman

venice

i consider myself ''''' insanely sane ''''' over cruising , hahahahaha.