Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2003, 06:38 AM
Admiral

Default Good Friday Morning!!!

Good morning cruisers! Happy Friday. And it 's the last day of January! Wow, where did it go?

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2003, 06:50 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Friday Morning!!!

And a Happy Friday back at you ML. 49 days till Spring, now that's a nice countdown.

No big plans for the weekend, but the weather is supposed to be warmer so maybe we'll wash some of the GUCK off the cars today. That is if the outdoor faucets still work after all this bone chilling cold. My car has never been this dirty.

Carnival Glory
Old January 31st, 2003, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates.........friday .....I am so happy it's friday. I had a very stressful day yesterday and I am still trying to recover from it. I hope everyone is well and I wish everyone a great day..................Tweety down the street a brand new car wash opened up and one has the the touch less wash...it works great and for $8 I guess I have to clean our yellow bug more often. I am not one to clean and wash cars but with the new car I guess it is worth it.....

Old January 31st, 2003, 08:50 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all, from the target of yet another Clipper. I understand that Calgary gets a lot of revenue from their stampedes but I always thought that referred to cattle. This year, it appears to be air masses.

The other day I was in a small shop. There was a calendar on the wall. The page for January showed a photo of a snow covered field containing a barn. Fringing the field, were trees, a coating of ice on their branches. Under the picture, a caption: "A thing of beauty is a joy forever." It has been many years since I felt such a strong temptation, which I successfully resisted, to deface something. I wanted to add a response: "Get a life, Confucius!"<Psychotic Grin>

For now, I'm living in the future. A week from today, I'll enter the Sunshine State. Before nightfall I'll drive down to the pier to scout the parking situation. It pays to plan the logistics. Don't want to have to do that on berthday.

Steve

8 days until Sensation, can't wait for the thrusters' agitation.
Old January 31st, 2003, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Good Morning! wow we are having a tropical heat wave in Mass its already a balmy 26 degress and its expected to actually get above freezing today, time to get out the shorts and tank tops.
Old January 31st, 2003, 09:21 AM
TomS

Good morning from the Mile High City!

Well, I survived another week. Only 85 days until my next cruise.

Weather here should be great. Calling for mid 60s today and tomorrow. They are using the "S" word for Sunday, though. We desperately need the moisture, though.

TomS
Old January 31st, 2003, 09:43 AM
susancruzs

Good Morning Everyone!

Tweety I'd love to wash my car, too! It looks really, really bad but it's been too cold. Now warmer but snowing and more salt on the roads! I have to go to the car wash because we can't wash our cars in our driveways and they turn off the water hoses at the office
car wash area.

Sure wish I were leaving this weekend on a trip to a warm, sunny clime, a cruise or something but March 17th is less than 40 days away so that will have to do!!!

Snowing here, rather pretty actually but that's because we've haven't had very much!
More job/resume stuff today!

Enjoy! Susie
Old January 31st, 2003, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Morning Gang,
Another dreary overcast and very foggy morning here on the bottom right hand corner of Virginia. But the good news is the temps. Near 50 today. It's finally starting to warm back up. Wouldn't you know it would, when it was time for me to leave. <VBG>
Hope I dont forget to pack anything. Got the duck tape, leatherman tool, documents, and passports. Oh and Cpt. Morgan of course. <VBG>
Jo

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old January 31st, 2003, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! I believe all the extra Alberta Clippers must be a result of our free trade agreement <G>

It also helps you understand the Canadian mindset, when you're cold all winter

As for Calgary... high 40s F yesterday here, and a similar day expected today. And Tweets.. washed my car yesterday, after I unknowingly passed a friend on the road yesterday, and he called me on my cell to tell me how dirty it was.

Old January 31st, 2003, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning-- gee the Brillance is only 40 days away ??? where did the time go--
Looks again to be a pretty good day here in San Jose CA---- ok yes my car does need washing but if I do it --- it will rain-- but then again thats not such a bad idea--
Off to work it go----
Cheers all and have a great day
April
Old January 31st, 2003, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Good Friday morning everyone! I know, I'm a little late checking in, but that's what happens when one has the day off and gets to sleep in! (Actually, Mark was doing homework on the computer, so this is the first chance I've had to get on it.)

Plenty o' sunshine, headed my way.... zippedy do dah, zippedy day!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old January 31st, 2003, 11:55 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Auguste

Good morning, yes it is getting a bit warmer on the NC Coast. The Daffodiels will be blooming in a few weeks, they are way up .
Sue we have a car wash like that, but have never use that. I had mine washed last Monday (ten dollars) and on Tuesday we got that snow. You want to keep that yellow bug shiny.
No cruise in sight., Springtime in Europe sounds good. Have a good day Auguste
Old January 31st, 2003, 12:15 PM
Admiral

Sue I'm not allowed to take my car to the car wash. Harry says it harms the finish on the car. OH Well. But it's so dirty I don't even want to touch it to open the door. Haven't passed anyone on the road in days Kuki, it's been too cold to even venture outdoors for me. Maybe today since it is getting a bit warmer. I was meant to live in warm weather I believe.

Carnival Glory