Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2003, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Default A nice little snow storm story

My son in law is away on a business trip to England. My daughter has been home with her kids because of the storm. Knowing she was alone with her kids a neighbor sent her young teenage daughter over to watch the kids so Christina could do some shovelling Monday. Seeing Christina shovelling alone, her next door neighbor sent out her grandson (20) and granddaughter (18) to help her. They worked two and a half hours to dig out her driveway and walkways. Both kids refused to be paid . (Christina got them sizeable gift certificates last night). Just a nice good neighbor story.
Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2003, 09:27 AM
Admiral

Default Re: A nice little snow storm story

That's like my neighbors..Since "The Coot" had his heart problem, everytime it snows if my daughter isn't here to do the snow removal (with the snow blower), they come over and shovel so Harry doesn't have to. This week we got to return the favor. Neighbor (NYC Firefighter) was on duty so we did his driveway and walkway.

It's nice to have good neighbors.

Carnival Glory
Old February 19th, 2003, 01:07 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: A nice little snow storm story

Tweety, where are you from? (note you mentioned NYC firefighter neighbor).
Gram and I live in Northern Westchester (both origonally from the Bronx)
Papa Bill
Old February 19th, 2003, 02:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hey Guys,
Both wonderful stories, its nice to know you have neighbors to pitch in when needed, we're fortunate to have a few ourselves, it does worth both ways. Just love hearing these kinds of stories, thanks guys :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 20th, 2003, 10:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

We live in a neighborhood of 9 homes. The first person out starts on his own driveway, and usually by 9 at least one person is out from each house. Those without snow blowers move up the street cleaning off all the cars, and those with blowers move down the street doing the driveways. We were ALL dug out and mobile by noon on Monday! I'd NEVER think about moving away from these people!

Spent Monday night watching the last 2" fall from a neighbors house, with all of us together enjoying hot tea, cocoa and wine! I LOVE small town life!!!

Take Care, All!
Jaime