Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2003, 12:53 PM
Admiral

Default I can't stand this any more!!!!!

I'm so sick of snow.....can't do it any more! I'm definitely suffering from sunshine deprivation. We had two days over the weekend without any snow, but today it's back.
I need a cruise....Brilliance cannot come soon enough for me.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2003, 01:35 PM
Captain

Default Re: I can't stand this any more!!!!!

Send the snow to me I will gladly take it!
Old February 24th, 2003, 01:40 PM
Admiral

ML, so sorry for you. We have no snow yet, but the forecast is for snow later in the week. Our poor Snow Blower is gonna start to tremble if it hears the word snow again. Just keep the faith, Brilliance is coming and so is spring.

Carnival Glory
Old February 24th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Yeoman

ML: I know exactly how you feel. It took 45 mins this morning to clear the car of snow and ice...that was after I almost broke the door trying to get in!

Bob
Old February 24th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: I can't stand this any more!!!!!- Snow joke

Paradise In the Midwest
Dear Diary:
AUG 12 Moved to our new home in the midwest. The rolling hills are so beautiful here I can hardly wait to see the snow covering them.
OCT 14 The midwest is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves have turned all the colors and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the beautiful rolling hills and saw some deer. They are so graceful. Certainly they are the most wonderful animals on earth. This is paradise.I love it here.
NOV 11 Deer hunting season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope is that it will snow. I LOVE it here.
DEC 2 It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed in white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight. I won. And when the snowplow came by we had to shovel the driveway again. What a beautiful place. I LOVE the midwest.
DEC 14 More snow last night. I LOVE it. The snow plow did his little trick again to the driveway. I LOVE IT HERE.
DEC 19 More snow last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work. I am exhausted from shoveling. Darn snowplow.
DEC 22 More of that white stuff fell last night. I got blisters on my hands from shoveling. I think the snowplow hides around the bend and waits until I am done shoveling the driveway. It is a pain in the rear.
DEC 25 Merry BAH HUM BUG Christmas. More friggen snow. If I ever get my hands on that son-of-a-gun who runs that snowplow I swear I will kill the creep. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt all that darn ice.
DEC 27 More of that white crap last night. Been inside for three days except for shoveling out the driveway after the snow plow comes by each time. Can't go anywhere, car is stuck in the mountain of white crap. The weatherman says to expect another 10 inches of snow again tonight. Do you know how many shovels full 10 inches is?
DEC 28 The dang weatherman was wrong. We got 34 inches of the white stuff this time. At this rate it wont melt till summer. The snowplow got stuck up on the road and that son-of-a-gun came to MY door asking to borrow my shovel. After I told him I had broken six shovels already shoveling all the crap he pushed into my driveway, I broke my last one over his blankety blank head.
JAN 4 Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on the way a Damned deer ran in front of the car and I hit it. Did about $5000.00 damage to the car. Those beasts should all be killed. I wish the hunters would have killed them all last November.
MAY 3 Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rusting from all that lousy salt they put all over the roads.
MAY 10 Moved to Key West, Florida. I can't imagine anyone in their right mind would ever want to live in the God forsaken midwest.

Gitte

Post Edited (02-24-03 12:59)

12 days Constellation Ultimate Caribbean
Old February 24th, 2003, 02:03 PM
Admiral

Way too funny Gitte.

Thanks.

Phyll

Old February 24th, 2003, 02:15 PM
Admiral

I feel your pain !

We are to get more, but nothing significant tonight, Wednesday night...who knows.

At least you have a cruise in the near future. I'd love to hit a 7-dayer soon, with work considerations for this summer, it's gonna be tough to get away after mid-May.
Old February 24th, 2003, 02:44 PM
First Mate

I feel the pain all of you do...Today in Baltimore, guess what no snow..but my car doors were frozen...so had to take care of that, and in mean time doing that fell on ice, also, its starting to thaw..so my two bearded collies are bringing in soooooooooo much mud with them..i wanna cry!
Help Victory cruise can not get here fast enough!
33 days and countin.
Mary Margaret
Old February 24th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Admiral

John Constellation will be over by mid May, just food for thought.

Carnival Glory
Old February 24th, 2003, 03:11 PM
Admiral

ML, sounds like you have "The Landlocked, Snowbound, Pre-cruise Blues." And our most accurate forecaster is saying we'll have more on Thursday. Which means you'll get it on Thursday PM or Friday, I'm sorry to say.

You have both my empathy and my sympathy. Less than a month until the Vernal equinox. I can't wait.

Gitte, I love that chronology. Especially the part about the Giant American Antlered Rat.
My sister has hit 3 of those things. And I used to know a guy who claimed that on the day he got his car out of the body shop after hitting one deer, he almost hit one on the way home. Fortunately, he stopped in time. However, the GAAR was a rutting male, that promptly ran to the car and kicked out the grill, destroying the radiator.:-)

Steve
Old February 24th, 2003, 04:24 PM
susancruzs

Gitte, your story was too funny! I'm reading it and thinking where in the Midwest is this because we've barely had 4 or 5 inches this year and usually being north of Chicago and close to the lake, we get buried!!!

MaryLou, please hang on, soon we'll be enjoying sunshine, warm temps and the Brilliance! You can make it, just a little over two weeks and we'll be on our way!

Susie
Old February 24th, 2003, 06:50 PM
Admiral

I am hoping you are rid of the snow soon ML. Here in Florida we don't have that problem BUT, we are not without our enviromental pains either.

We came home today from a long weekend in Hilton Head to find a huge sweetgum tree laying in the back yard after being blown over. It clipped the corner of the house and wrecked the roof. It crashed onto the patio furniture destroying it. It wiped out several bushes and shrubs on the way down. And the pool is loaded with branches and leaves.

And we are grateful for our good luck. It could've been MUCH,MUCH worse. It could've blown in another direction and taken out the neighbors house completely. Whew!!!!

Regards,
Thomas
Old February 24th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Non-Smoker

I HATE snow.... I HATE cold weather!

Why did we ever leave Okinawa for MISSOURI?!?!?!?!?!?!

Oh yeah.... it's called the MILITARY. I definitely have the snow & cold weather blues!

Oh Okinawa........ I Miiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssss yoooooooouuuu!
Old February 24th, 2003, 08:03 PM
Admiral

Thomas,
I'm so glad you are alright. Sorry to hear about the tree and your house and the rest of the damage. I lost a very dear friend a few years back when a tree blew over on her house. I'm happy to hear that nobody was hurt.

Phyll

Old February 24th, 2003, 08:32 PM
Admiral

Thomas how terrible, but glad that everyone is safe. Just be happy that you weren't in the house when the tree fell down.

Carnival Glory
Old February 24th, 2003, 10:22 PM
Admiral

Mary Lou, I do soooo sympathize with you. Now, I know, your first reaction is, "What do you know, girl? You're in sunny Arizona!" But when I spent a 4 day weekend in Baltimore and Hagerstown the weekend before they had their big blizzard, it was grey, cold, drizzly and downright depressing! If it hadn't been for the wonderful company of the people I was with, I think I would have gone as bonkers as you are now! I think there's really something to that seasonally affective disorder business. Hang in there, ML, the sea and the sun are just around the corner!

Old February 24th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Admiral

Gitte: that diary was great, and I can certainly identify here in MOntreal! Right now it's hard to believe that in July, Montreal can be like the Cayman Islands with heat and humidity!