Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old February 25th, 2003, 07:24 PM
Krazy Baker

Default Stingray? Marvin or Carnival?

Help!!! Just got our Docs today and leaving Sunday March 2nd. No information on prices through cruise docs on Stingray City. We really want to do this over any thing else. We've heard It's more expensive through the cruise and very crowded.

Anyone know what it costs on the cruise? We're Carnival Victory. Capt. Marvins is 34.00 per person U.S. All transportation and snorkle equipment and punch. (2 1/2 hours).

Thanks for any help with all the cruisers out there!

Waiting to leave,,,,

Kat & Tony
Old February 25th, 2003, 09:01 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Stingray? Marvin or Carnival?

Kat,
I haven't been to Grand Caymen yet, so I can't say for sure, but everything I have read on the forums has convinced me that when I do get there, I'll be booking with Captain Marvin. He gets very high marks from everyone.

Old February 26th, 2003, 05:34 AM
Admiral

Depends on the ship's schedule. If you book through Carnival, you're guaranteed to make it back to the ship in time.

My wife and I made a reservation for a trip not offered through Carnival. The trip back to the port actually introduced some question whether we would be left behind. Fortunately, we made it.

Steve
Old February 26th, 2003, 10:41 AM
Admiral

book the 2-1/2 hr cruise w/Captain Marvins get on one of the early cruises and you will have no problems, its cheaper to book it yourself- you can do it on-line.
Old February 26th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Admiral

Marvin fersure.

The company knows how much "side" business they get rather than the organized stuff from the ShoreX desk and if they failed to get ONE group back on time, it would kill their business.

Just make sure to take some sodas or (if so inclined) beer on your own and some snack food. Marvin only provides water and some icky red fruit punch. When the bait chum for the stingrays starts to look good?

Do be aware that, depending upon weather conditions, you may not go ashore on Grand Cayman. Queeg and I are batting .500 at this point.
Old February 28th, 2003, 07:13 PM
Admiral

I did this tour last april and am going again next month, They faxed me a price list last year through the group department, since I was taking a big group with me. Here are the rates from last year, I am sure they will not be much different. I also priced Marvin and the rate is good depends on if you are totally into just snorkeling. The stingray sandbar tour is $33.00 2 1/2 hours the stingray city tour is $34. 00 2 1/2 hours I took the stingray city and island tour for $49.00 and you get two good tours. The island part could have been better, you go to the turtle farm and stop at 'hell' have time to sample and buy the rum cakes. There is also the cockatoo sailing tour to stingray city $47.00 2 1/2 hours Please keep in mind these were the prices for april 2002. The stingrays are AWESOME, incredible thing to do, thats why I'm going back and taking my son he will love it!
Old March 1st, 2003, 08:12 AM
JenY

We booked with Capt. Marvin.
We didn't get to go as the Harbor Master closed the port.
Capt. Marvin doesn't charge your credit card if the ship doesn't make it to port, so we didn't lose anything.
Will have to make sure we get back there sometime, as that was a highlight I was looking forward to. We will book with Capt. Marvin again.