Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2003, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Default Another reason why...

I have a strange reason why I somewhat prefer Celebrity over Princess. Last Xmas and New years we sailed the Celebrity Zenith on an "outside guarantee." The location of our cabin was assigned at least 21/2 months prior to the sailing.

On Apri 5th we are on the Star Princess with an AE mini-suite guarantee. We are only about a month away and still no cabin assignment. I know the cabin assignment will make little difference on this ship but I just want to know. Gosh I hate this waiting game!

If I wasn't so darn cheap, I would have purchased a cabin with a room assignment at booking time. That might have been cheaper than therapy for this anxiety condition I am facing. ;0)
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2003, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Another reason why...

Oh puleeeze Chuck.

I can't feel sorry for you one bit! As I am cruiseless. <wiping tear from my cheek>

Regards,
Thomas
Old March 1st, 2003, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Another reason why...

When we booked the inaugural cruise of the Carnival Pride we booked a 4A guarantee and were upgraded to a 4D, 3 categories upgrade, but not a big deal. It was still an inside and the same cabin layout as the lower category, just higher up on the ship. When we joined the CruiseMates on the Celebrity Summit in Hawaii, we booked a specific category and didn't know our cabin number until a couple of weeks before sailing. But we knew basically what we were getting at the time of booking. When we book a guarantee, we are just happy to be on the ship. If we want something particular, we book it. All 3 of my upcoming cruises were booked with a specific cabin to ensure we get what we want.

Have a great time on the Star. At least you know you're going on a cruise, on an almost brand new ship, so ANY cabin is bound to be great. IT'S ON A SHIP! ! Have fun!