Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2003, 01:52 PM
CP

Default Re: Thanks to the Brits.

If you really want to "end this here", why do keep responding? The more you argue with my views, and try to prove your point, the more I realize how detached from reality you really are. It really amazes me. You have a better solution, hey? Easy to say that when the majority solution is already in effect.

In every conflict and war, there are people like you who swear they had a better solution. To be honest, I really don't care. Go write a book, maybe 30% of Americans will buy it.

By the way.... what is the official time span for "Patience"? If we waited 20 years before going in, I am sure you would say 20 years and 1 day. If we waited 10 years, I bet the answer would be 10 years and 1 day. Another 10 + years is not acceptable. And in my opinion, even pointless and only devasting for the US and US allies.

Is this the end of this debate now? If not just let me know, I have a lot left in me. By the way, this is "chit chat for cruisers" and I was under the impression that we were allowed to discuss various subjects unrelated to cruising. If not, just go ahead and give me another 10 years to get out. Maybe I will defect to the "other" message board in the Destinations section.
Old March 25th, 2003, 02:54 PM
Dennis Brown

Default Re: Thanks to the Brits.

Hery Guys:

Cool it !!! This is supposed to be a cruise chat - not who is right or wrong in the war that is presently being fought. Anyone who can't see both side is being very narrow-minded.
This is supposed to be a forum where we can help each other with our cruise problems and seek information on future cruises. Let's not get carried away with what's right or wrong with the world.

Philosophically, war is never right but realistically, war is sometimes necessary- To say we should be parochial in our views and say we should look after our own people (country) and forget about everybody else is just as niaive as saying that we should be guardians of all our worldly neighbours and fight whoever 'steps out of line'.

Sure we can take sides but let's not 'go to war over it' - that's what democracy is all about - being able to express our views without somebody wanting to punch us out because of how we feel.

These same people we are arguing with today may be the same people we might be sharing a table with on our next cruise!!!!!!.