Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2003, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default POLL- Do U remember your BEST WAIT STAFF?

We've certainly encountered some GREAT wait staff on our cruises.... and the odd not so great <G>
Do you remember your very best wait staff.. their names.. and cruise line they were working for?

Ours would have to be two waiters on Celebrity. We were on a press trip, so I'd imagine they intentionally gave us the best... but they were great!!!! Not just professional staff, but great fun. They both knew when to take the time to joke and have fun, and when to deliver the food.
If you come across Lorenzo or Sergio on your Celebrity cruises, you're in for a treat!!!

BTW.. I know what Jennifer's answer to this question will be .

Post Edited (04-10-03 12:56)
Old April 10th, 2003, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Default Re: POLL- Do U remember your BEST WAIST STAFF?

Our favorites were on our Celebrity Millennium cruise. Valentin was the waiter and Attilla was the assitant waiter. We enjoyed talking to Attilla, he was from Hungary, a place I've visited, and he'd only been on the ship a few weeks but was doing such a good job. Mark and I would laugh about the way Valentin would say "Enjoy" whenever he put a plate down, but he gave terrific service.

We had such good service on that cruise we tipped extra and even told the Maitre d' about them. And of course they got a mention on our comment cards.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Old April 10th, 2003, 12:42 PM
David Starkey

The best ever dining staff was on Sitmar's Fairsea and the waiter was Tomaso. On recent cruises, the waiter and busboy on the Galaxy were outstanding.
Old April 10th, 2003, 01:30 PM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

Hands down it has been Ronny Linden of Carnival Cruise line. He has been our "assigned" waiter only on one cruise, the Celebration in May of 2000. Then when we sailed Victory in August of 2000 he seen us walking across the dining room when we first boarded and he came running up to us to say hello...he seen us, we didn't see him. What a surprise we got when we were on our Hawaii cruise this past October and he was aboard the Spirit. He was not our assigned waiter but all breakfasts of this 12 day cruise were open seating (and some of the lunches) and we eat in his section every time. On our Spirit cruise 3 weeks ago unfortunately he was onboard but he was dead-heading back to Costa Rico for his 3 month leave. We had a wonderful waiter named Samuel. We asked Samuel to let Ronny know the Zlaters said Hi. The next day at open seating lunch, we were tucked away at a corner table....next thing I know I am getting a hug from behind....it was Ronny, he came up from the crew's quarters to find us and say hello!

Old April 10th, 2003, 01:33 PM
doug gunn

Yes a woman by the name of Nui from Thiland was on the Carnival Paradise in 2000. She is the one who sold me on crusing. If you read this Nui, i miss you.
Old April 10th, 2003, 01:39 PM
Admiral

Kuki, my answer, Sergio. Celebrity Horizon at the time, 4 or 5 years ago. Must be the same guy, we were told by a senior staff member that he was considered the top waiter on the ship at the time. In at a close second, Valariano from Celebrity Mercury 2 and 1/2 years ago.
Old April 10th, 2003, 02:20 PM
Captain

Default Re: POLL- Do U remember your BEST WAIT STAFF?

Our best waiter was Cvetelina on the Carnival Victory her assistant Roberto was good. Our best Assitant Waiter was Kristina on the Dawn Princess the waiter was Luis who was a good waiter.

I have never had bad service on any cruise but Cvetelina by far was the best waiter we have ever had on land or sea. The way she did her job and the way she treated you made you look forward to meal time. We would eat dinner and lunch at the table and because lunch time was not busy we got to learn a lot about her.

Kristina as assitant waiter was without a doubt the best assitant waiter who went out of her way to make sure everything was right for you. She became a waiter the week after she took care of us. We knew this because we had done a back to back on the ship. She replaced Luis because his contract had ended and he went home. She did deserve to become the waiter instead of the assitant.
Old April 10th, 2003, 04:39 PM
MichelleM

Our best waiter was Lee on the Carnival Paradise. He told us he had been with Carnival for 18 years. Nice guy and great waiter.
Old April 10th, 2003, 05:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to DanaB

Again, my only cruise was for Christmas, we *loved* our waiters, they spoiled us rotten! Since we are going on the same ship in 2 weeks, we have put in a request to see if we can get them again! Sakli & Dusan on Sovereign of the Seas!

Dana

Sovereign of the Seas - 12/22/02
Sovereign of the Seas - 04/27/03
Sovereign of the Seas - 09/04/03 *and* 09/07/03
Old April 10th, 2003, 06:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Bill.. not only do we seem to follow each other around on the same ships, we like the same waiters.

Old April 10th, 2003, 07:11 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Beat waiter and assistant waiter were Norman (waiter) and Christian (assistant waiter who really should have been a waiter) on the Summit for the Let's Get Lei's cruise. A close second for waiters is a tie between Jovan (Millie) and Daniel (Legend). Servotor is a close second as assistant waiter on the Legend behind Christian.

Old April 10th, 2003, 07:24 PM
First Mate

Our waiter Hakan, and asst. waitress Pinkan were great on the Explorer of the Seas last August. They were lots of fun. Others have been on the Summit, and the Ocean can't seem to remember all the names, although at the time, never thought we would forget.

Old April 10th, 2003, 08:24 PM
Passenger

We did the Celebrity Millie TransAtlantic in 2001, and our waiter was Bob from Poland. This was two weeks after 9/11, so the boat was less than 1/2 full. My husband and I had a table for 2, and Bob only had one other table (which was also for 2), so he had a lot of free time. Over the two weeks, we really got to know him.

Bob was fresh from Renaissance (they went under the week before), and this was his first cruise with Celebrity.
Old April 10th, 2003, 09:38 PM
susancruzs

Years ago on the Royal Princess, a two week cruise, we had excellent wait staff and even though I've had excellent servers since then, no one has topped this pair. Of course, being onboard for 15 nights is different than a 7 night cruise.

In the 80s, they had less tables to serve and the Royal Princess was considered a really classy ship at that time, dining at night was very special! The presentation every night was spectacular, I remember the way they served pheasant, you had to be there!!!

I've always enjoyed my dining experiences but nothing has ever equaled this cruise on the Royal Princess. I kept telling Ginny, they're pulling out all the stops because it's a big band cruise with Les Brown and his band!!!

Susie
Old April 10th, 2003, 09:45 PM
Admiral

OK, Kuki, I'll bite. Let me see..... There was this guy named Jose from Costa Rica on the Fascination, and he and his assistant, Liviu Began from Romania, were a great team.

However, if you think it only fair that I leave out my husband, I'd vote for Ismail Aydogmus from Turkey on the Fascination and the Inspiration, and, after that, Ignatious and his assistant Judith on our Summit cruise last may. They wereboth very professional, gave excellent service, but were also warm and friendly without getting carried away. The whole table fell in love with both of them.