Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 23rd, 2004, 02:44 PM
Admiral

Default Drivers Lic.......

Some one posted recently about stamping a hole in your DL so you can put it on a lanyard..I spoke with a good friend of mine, a Lt. with the Arkansas State Police and he advised me that in our state it is against the law to deface your DL in any form. In fact, he told me that in some states when they confiscate, revoke, or suspend a DL they will stamp a hole in it..So it might be a good idea to contact your local State Police Troop, Barracks or your DMV to find out what is leagal in your state....This is bigjohn and I approved this message..thank you...have a good day.

Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2004, 03:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Re: Drivers Lic.......

We are so lucky to have you around, looking out for all of us..thanks

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 23rd, 2004, 08:36 PM
cruisingkandJ

Default Re: Re: Drivers Lic.......

Why do people want to put holes in their DL's? Aren't body parts enough any more?

J.
Old July 24th, 2004, 12:18 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

J - some people will punch a hole in the corner of the license so they can hook it onto a lanyard and wear it around their neck.....sounds like a good idea, but we gotta listen to BJ!!!!!

Old July 24th, 2004, 11:12 AM
AR

The solution is to go to the DMV, tell them you lost your license, pay the $5 and get a duplicate. Punch one for the lanyard, keep the other in your wallet.

This happened to us quite by accident. My wife thought she really did lose hers, and ran off for a duplicate. Later she found the first one and now wears it through airports.
Old July 24th, 2004, 11:14 AM
AR

PS, if you want a more "lasting" solution, you can find lanyards in the travel catalogs and stores that have a license holder attached. All you have to do is slip it in. Places like Magellen have them.
Old July 24th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

$5 for a duplicate license?! wow thats cheap...in Alabama its like $30, but it takes us a while to spell things so that may be a typing fee!