Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2003, 09:37 PM
First Mate

Default Back From The Grand Princess!

Hi Everyone!

We returned home Sunday night from the Western Carib itinerary aboard the Grand Princess. I toasted all of you - many times!

The cruise was a total blast - and our good friends who were with us cruising for the very first time fell in love with cruising too!

Our cabin was wonderful - mini-suite (E729) and our cabin steward Eldee was on the last leg of his 10 month contract , disembarking with us to return home for a while. He was the most delightful, hardest working, pleasant, attentive and professional young man I have ever had the pleasure to meet. He certainaly made us feel pampered and cared for- thank you Eldee!!

We totally lucked out with the weather we had. Hot and sunny every day! From what I was told by several people in a couple of the ports we visited, we were the first bunch of cruise ships able to call there (Grand Cayman, Costa Maya/majahual) in several weeks. We were on the heels of some bad weather and we did have a couple of rocky nights- nothing to complain about though! I loved every port we visited! It was a definate added bonus to have our good friends who were born and raised in Central America along with us... fluency in Spanish made us able to wander off the beaten path and do some serious bargain shopping! I will include a full report in the review I am writing. Pictures to the gallery soon to come too!

Cruising in a group was a new experience for us - and made our experience very different than cruising alone as a couple! We had a serious good time!

We did the Dolphin Swim in Cozumel - I highly recommend this excursion! I can't say enough about this wonderful experience!!

Please feel free to pick my little brain concerning anything about the ship, ports, etc... I will do my best to answer anything! You have all been so wonderful during my pre-cruise rants and jitters - planning this trip for my friends was a little stressful! Everything worked out just great!

Now it's time to start planning my 10th anniversary cruise in August.... hrrrm!! PCD is about to set in...... (lol!!)

Happy Cruising!!
Deja

booking soon - 10th anniversary cruise in August....
Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2003, 09:55 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Back From The Grand Princess!

Wow, sounds great Deja! I'm glad to hear Princess is so perfect, as that's my next cruise, althoug I have a long while to wait yet! Never cruised with friends before, must be lots of fun! Can't wait to see your pics! Welcome home, and wishing just a mild case of PCD!

Donna

Old April 15th, 2003, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Welcome back, deja, glad you had fun! Now it's time to start planning that anniversary cruise... that's one of the few things that can fight off PCD...

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Carnival Fantasy

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Old April 15th, 2003, 12:31 PM
Admiral

Welcome home Deja

It's good to hear that you had such a great cruise and enjoyed the ship. I didn't know that there was a dolphin swim in Cozumel. That sounds like a fun thing to do.

Phyll

Old April 15th, 2003, 01:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Deja.. happy to hear you and your friends enjoyed the cruise. Agree with you completely about the dolphin swim. We did it in Coz as well, and had a great time.

I'm not a huge fan of the Grand, but I'm in the minority on that one I think.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 16th, 2003, 07:19 AM
RevengeOfTheMoose

Was the coffee maker still in E729?
Old April 16th, 2003, 10:16 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Back From The Grand Princess!

No coffee maker in E729! But- room service was great. We never waited more than 10-15 minutes for anything - even coffee and tea, or just sodas when it was late and we were too lazy to make the trek to one of the bars!
I loved this cabin and would book it again (on another Grand Class, hopefully) in a heartbeat!

Deja
Old April 17th, 2003, 04:26 AM
Admiral

Welcome home, Deja! We missed you. Did you buy anything at Richards? My wife is still flashing her ring.

Steve

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03
Inspiration 3/04
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Summit 03/06 to Hawaii, Where God left his fingerprints, in memory of Margaret.
Sensation 03/07
Carnival Freedom (March 08)
\X\Mercury (January 09)