CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Door Decor??? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/263745-door-decor.html)

Alaska-At-Last April 18th, 2003 04:58 PM

Door Decor???

I was wondering if anyone here who has cruised before decorated their cabin door? It sounds like a lot of fun! We are sailing on the Norwegian Sky to Alaska in September on the 13.

salem April 18th, 2003 05:48 PM

Re: Door Decor???

We decorated our doors with crazy stuff..and as far as I know we were the only 3 doors with decorations on march 30 carnival cruise on the Victory
everyone stopped and laughed..i loved it

Mary Margaret

Set2cruz April 18th, 2003 05:59 PM

We decorated ours too. Problem was that we cruised during spring break,
decorations on two doors {of 3} were ripped off of by kids on wednesday.
Tip; Don't decorate during spring break.

note; Pics will be posted soon in photo galleries. {just got a new multifunction
machine}

Lisa April 18th, 2003 07:19 PM

I've decorated doors before and it is fun...but ya gotta choose the line and the time...I would NEVER do it on a Carnival ship or any ship that has a high number of kids onboard; have done it on Celebrity twice with no problems either time.

salem April 18th, 2003 08:13 PM

Well the doors were never touched by anyone and we were on Carnival during spring break.

Mary Margaret

Set2cruz April 19th, 2003 12:04 AM

Good for ypu MM.

Alaska-At-Last April 19th, 2003 01:12 AM

Please share with us what you did as far as the decorating goes

pamda April 19th, 2003 01:22 AM

Re: Re: Door Decor???

I am a kite freak, as many here can tell you.

And, given my nickname, you can imagine the panda part.

My door decor is a purple kite (the standard kind) with a panda on it.

Then there is "other stuff" such as a magnetized sign saying, "My friends surprised the Hell out of me."

I think it's fun to do.

Bummishly, the people next door to us had all sorts of great stuff on their door and people kept ripping it off. The wife was in tears because she'd chosen the stuff so carefully.

Hmmm. Nobody wanted my kite.

But door decor DOES help late at night when you weave your way back to the cabin.

I am also fond of flying wind socks from the balcony.

Alaska-At-Last April 20th, 2003 02:00 PM

Any other door decorators out there willing to share?...OR.... Are you going on a cruise and plan to decorate your door? Would love if you would please share your Ideas and add where and when you are cruising as well as the ship you'll be on :0)