Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2003, 11:41 AM
susancruzs

Default Good Afternoon from U.P.

Hi, Everyone!

Thought I'd type a quick "hello" and miss everyone! I've been up in Michigan's northland for a week visiting my sister!

Hope all has been going well on the board and that everyone is fine! Haven't checked in, read anything for a week now and am suffering from withdrawal a little!!! :-)

Has been great visiting with Kathy and we've done alot of bumming around, eating, shopping, bumming around and then more food!!! :-)

Weather has been rainy, foggy, etc.! The day I drove up it was 85 and soon as I got over the bridge in Green Bay, it was 45 degress, in 2 minutes. Talk about crossing the cold front and just missed a hail storm. I turned on the radio and they announced a storm for the area I'd just left! Whewww, that was close!!!

Talk to you from NE Illinois soon!!! Damp and chilly, hmmm, I need a cruise!!!

Susie
Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2003, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Afternoon from U.P.

Hi Susie... my family used to be stationed at the now-defunct K. I. Sawyer Air Force Base, south of Marquette. It was kind of fun for me, since I was a little kid, but now I wouldn't go back for anything! This Florida girl needs her warm sunshine!

Sounds like you're having fun, though. Have a safe trip back home!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Carnival Fantasy

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Old April 21st, 2003, 03:02 PM
Admiral

Susan, hurry home you're missed.

Carnival Glory
Old April 21st, 2003, 04:14 PM
Admiral

Glad to hear you are having so much fun shopping and eating and visiting with your sister.. Thanks for stopping by to let us know how you are doing. I'm glad you missed that hail storm with your nice new car.

Phyll

Old April 21st, 2003, 05:53 PM
MichelleM

We used to live about 30 minutes from the WI/Upper MI border, 30 minutes from Iron Mountain. That hail storm was horrible. We have a cracked windshield as a result of it so count your lucky stars that you missed it. Had we been driving in the hail it would be more then a crack it would of been broken (our minivan was parked in the driveway).

Where did you visit in the UP?
Old April 22nd, 2003, 03:33 PM
susancruzs

My sister lives in Nahma (very small) south of US 2, east of Gladstone/Rapid River. My mother was born in Nahma and then moved to Crystal Falls in her teens.

I've spent alot of time in the U.P. as my mother's sisters stayed in the Crystal Falls area so when I was growing up that was our vacation every summer. My mom and her 4 sisters came to Chgo. to work in the 1920's. Three moved back to Crystal and my mom and one aunt stayed in the Chgo. area. Only one aunt is left and she just turned 90!

At one time or another, I've covered the whole U.P. and then some. Actually, I've seen some things up there 2 and 3 times and have yet to do some things here in Illinois!!!

Sorry about your minivan and I guess I was really lucky! When I saw those huge drops and dark clouds, I knew I was in trouble. A man came to my rescue, he had a "fuzz" buster, he told me to follow him and we flew, dangerously fast but we beat it!

Susie