Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2003, 05:11 PM
JenniferC

Default Wedding on the Sea?

Hey, I was wondering if anyone here has gotten married on a cruise ship. My fiance and I have been seriously looking into it, the price seems really great, and we can have up to 200 people attend the wedding, and leave before we sail on some cruise lines. Is this entire idea too good to be true? If anyone has done this or attended a wedding on a ship, please tell me what you thought of it, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Wedding on the Sea?

Jennifer:
Are you saying that the guests can board the ship for the wedding and then disembark and just you and your hubby would take the cruise? I would think that for security reasons that would not be allowed. What cruiseline offers that?

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old May 4th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Actually I believe most of the cruise lines will arrange this type of wedding.... even when all or some of the guests leave the ship prior to sailing.

I haven't done it, but I might for my next wedding.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 4th, 2003, 08:50 PM
JenniferC

I have spoken to Royal Caribbean, Princess and Carnival. They all have different amounts of people they allow on board, but they will do it. All they need are 2 forms of identification and 30 days prior notice of all the guests names for security clearance. I believe it was either on Royal Caribbean or Princess that I could have up to 200 guests! I live in Los Angeles, and for that port, they just have to exit the ship 1 hour before sailing.
Old May 4th, 2003, 09:31 PM
Admiral

I say Go for it! Jennifer, you wil not regret it!

donna

Old May 5th, 2003, 08:46 AM
Admiral

That sounds like an awesome idea, Jennifer! The planning would be so much easier than a conventional wedding... and maybe some of the guests would decide to sail with you, what a party that would be!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Carnival Imagination

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Old May 5th, 2003, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Jennifer...thanks for the info. Sounds awesome.
Old May 5th, 2003, 09:35 AM
First Mate

Jennifer it would be wonderful. The carnival website has loads of wedding info with guest limits, meal options, and which ports are available. Good luck and have fun planning that special day. Denise

Fantasy Dec 2 Big Easy to Mx
Old May 6th, 2003, 01:11 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna

Go for it!! IF I ever get married again, I know that is what I will want to do!!!
Congrats!
Chyna
Old May 6th, 2003, 04:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Jennifer -

My husband and I went to a wedding on the Elation while it was docked at San Pedro last Sept. I believe there were about 50 guests but only the bridal couple actually sailed.

As far as the procedure: We all reported to the podium that had "weddings" posted on it, checked in, gave them our drivers licenses, got a pass and were lead inside (before all the "cruisers") through the scanners, and taken to a separate area to wait. The bridal couple went through what I think are the usual boarding procedures (filling out forms etc) and we were all taken on board.

While the bride got dressed we roamed the small portion of the ship. It was our first time on any cruise ship so we were quite interested. At the appointed time we went into the lounge (darn, no chapel) for the ceremony which was very nice, then we went to the adjoining lounge for the reception, which was also very nice.

I think we had two hours for the reception but my husband and I left a bit early since we had a 5 hour drive home. We went back to counter, turned in our passes, retrived our drivers licenses and took the shuttle back to the parking lot.

Opinion? I thought it was great.....and we just booked our first cruise.

Suzi