Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2003, 11:34 AM
joyful

Default Jumping ship!

A relative of my husband was on the Regal Empress, which is now out of business. The crew has not been sent home yet, so he had planned to come up to Ohio for a visit for a few days, He had followed my husband's advise and spoke to the captian to get permission before doing so, and had been okay'd to do so.

We found out this morning that several crew members have in effect "jumped ship" (left the area), so now they are keeping a very close eye on the rest of the crew, and he is not allowed to come. I don't know why they are keeping them around anyway. When my husband was released from his contract (in 1989) when the ship he worked on also went out of business, they were immediately bussed to Miami (from Tampa), and within two or three days they were all sent home.

My boys were SO looking forward to meeting their first Filipino relative, so they are disappointed.

Anyway, I look forward to finding out more details about it from him when we talk to him again.
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2003, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Jumping ship!

Please keep us posted. It seems cruel to force these folks to wait around when nothing is coming to them.

I hope everything works out for your husband's relative and that he gets to come visit you soon.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Old May 23rd, 2003, 09:40 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Jumping ship!

According to an announcement that appeared on another board
Quote:
Regal Empress was purchased today by Imperial Majesty Cruise Line, which also owns and operates SS OceanBreeze.
Good news for those who loved this ship...

MV Discovery, South Pacific Total Eclipse Cruise