Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2003, 06:41 PM
Admiral

Default American Idol

What are your predictions for this week? Who's your favorite? Discuss the show here.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2003, 06:42 PM
Admiral

Default Re: American Idol

I think Kobe Bryant is going to win!

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old May 13th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Admiral

Ah, Marc, you're just jealous because nobody responded to your basketball thread.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old May 13th, 2003, 06:51 PM
Admiral

That was a HOCKEY thread! I just cant spell any hockey players names!!!!

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old May 13th, 2003, 08:47 PM
First Mate

Hi Michelle!

I am so hooked on that show! I think Josh should have gone before Trenyce- his predictable country sound eventually bored me- plus- that finger he was always pointinhg with *ugh*!

I love Rubin and Kimberly - tough call there as they can both pull off almost any genre of music with style.

Clay was cute at first! Now I think it's time for him to go.... I hope he isn't in the top 2! I think the final 2 should be Rubin and Kimberly.

I have every episode on Tivo - and sometimes when there is nothing else on, my girls and I look back at those first episodes and we laugh our heads off.

I am so glad to know I am not the only Americal Idol fanatic. I am proudly out of the closet on this now-

What do you think? Who do you think should be the next to go?

Oh, oh.... did you catch Oprah today? She taped her show on the American idol set after last week's Results Show after Josh had gotten the boot.

booking soon - 10th anniversary cruise in August....
Old May 13th, 2003, 09:17 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I watched tonight..after just catching some episodes off and on throughout this run. I have to admit Ruben and Kim get my vote to move on to next week. I like Clay, but his voice is more of a voice that is geared towards a Vegas style show, but the guy has talent galore. Plus, Clay did bungle his first song tonight while Ruben and Kim nailed all three of theirs.

I guess I'm pulling for Ruben to win, but I know that whoever finishes second will also get a recording contract.

Old May 13th, 2003, 09:57 PM
Admiral

I don't really care who wins, I was just thrilled to see Robin Gibb looking so good as last week's guest judge!

donna

Old May 14th, 2003, 04:47 AM
Admiral

I think this contest is really a tough one. At first I couldn't decide between Ruben and Clay. But, Kimberly is really shining through. I think my gut feeling is I would like to see Ruben win. I would imagine all three will do well with their singing careers after making it this far.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old May 14th, 2003, 07:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: American Idol

I want Ruben to win. If he was off the show, I probably wouldn't watch it anymore. And Clay.............I like his voice/music, just as long as I don't have to watch him.

Have to watch tonight.
Old May 14th, 2003, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Aargh, my future in-laws came over right when the show started... talked nonstop while the show was on (and they can be LOUD) so I couldn't hear a note... and left right after it ended. Talk about bad timing! I don't have a Tivo so I'll have to borrow the tape from my mom, I know she taped it.

I am a Clay fan... but Kimberly has really been sounding good lately. I think Ruben has been having some trouble with his voice. It sounds a little strained and overworked. I'm surprised the judges haven't noticed.

Deja - I agree about Josh and the finger pointing - I felt like I was getting lectured whenever he got up to sing!

Tonight's results should be very interesting. Not sure who'll get voted off tonight... it'll either be Ruben or Clay or Kimberly!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old May 14th, 2003, 08:49 AM
Admiral

Olí whats her name likes Clay. Iíve been a Ruben fan, but Kim has really done a complete turnaround.
I think Clayís style and voice is more Broadway or Cruise show quality. Ruben just doesnít have the diversity in style. Every song that Kim sings is overwhelmed with the soul scaling style.

How many of you have actually voted? Olí whats her name has, one time, this season.

and laughing is contagious,
hereís hoping for an epidemic!
Old May 14th, 2003, 11:05 AM
Shipbound

If you judge the three on who has the best voice ,I would pick Clay. I think Clay and Kimberly are going to be the last two
Old May 14th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Admiral

I vote for Clay. Every song he sings he nails. He chooses songs which change in pitch and does a good job of it. Like Neil Sadaka said, "I'd kill to be able to produce your first CD." Now that's an endorsement.

Rueben sings in one tone. And that tone is fine for him but I'd like to see him sing something difficult.

In any respect, all three of these kids can sing!

Regards,
Thomas
Old May 14th, 2003, 07:03 PM
eaglewing

Default Re: Re: American Idol

I am a Clay fan ever since the beginning. What made me a die-heart fan though was when they the first bios on all the contestants. If a person is willing to have himself taped up on a wall with masking tape for kids, that's cool in my book. He has a heart for kids.
Anyway, concerning last night's show. Yeah, Clay messed up on the song.....but the song was much more difficult song to sing than Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours. Clay had more words to sing--every verse different and the difficulty to sing it right more than singing over and over a Stevie Wonder's song. That's my opinion..
I think Kimberly did an outstanding job and has steadily improved since the beginning. I, for once, agree with Simon...Let's kick off Ryan Seacrest this week instead of any of them.
Overall, this has been a better American Idol than last year...more talent anyway.
Old May 14th, 2003, 07:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

I'm gonna hate to see any of them go...think they really got the best threesome out of the finalists, although I don't think they took the "right route" to get there. Thought Trenyce and Ricky Smith went out too early and that Carmen and Josh were there longer than they should have been. I only started voting after the "shocker" of Ruben winding up in the bottom two a couple of weeks ago. The following week my wife and I voted numerous times for Ruben, Clay and Kimberly (i.e., AGAINST Josh). I didn't want to vote at all after last nite's show, but my wife wanted to vote for Kimberly...so I decided to vote for Clay...then she felt bad that neither of us had voted for Ruben...so she did...thus making it a total exercise in futility!
Old May 14th, 2003, 08:32 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Well, it was very close, but I was sorry to see Kimberly go...it is down to Ruben and Clay. Who do you think will win next week?

Old May 15th, 2003, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Too bad Kimberly got voted off. But I have a feeling that she will go far anyway. She has enormous talent.

I think Ruben will win. I am a Clay fan, but I see Ruben as more marketable, especially for the type of bland bubblegum pop the record label will give him. I understand the recording contract they give the winning contestant is really slanted on the side of the producers, and the winner receives very little benefit from it. I think Clay will do better for himself if he doesn't win.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old May 15th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Admiral

I haven't really paid attention to it this year. The talent just doesn't seem to be as there like it was last year. On the few occasions I have watched it this year, the only one who can consistently hit the notes, and seems to have a sense of tempo is Reuben. Clay is too melodramatic, and Kimberly was too dependent on the accompaniment of voices to set her vocal range. She will have a career as a leading Gospel vocalist but not as a pop idol.

Reuben could win on the basis of raw singing talent, if that were the only criterion.--I would vote for him on that basis alone.

Clay will probably win because he can be marketed to the pre and mid-pubescent female market place. He'll probably go on to broadway after a flash in the pan pop career. Of course, that's the same thing i said about Justin G. last year--so who knows?

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03
Inspiration 3/04
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Summit 03/06 to Hawaii, Where God left his fingerprints, in memory of Margaret.
Sensation 03/07
Carnival Freedom (March 08)
\X\Mercury (January 09)