Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 30th, 2003, 06:56 AM
Admiral

Default Good Friday Morning.

Good morning folks. It looks like a lovely day here in the "Burgh"...but they are calling for rain tonight and tomorrow....Have a great day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old May 30th, 2003, 07:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.
Default Re: Good Friday Morning.

Good morning from Orlando. Mary Lou, I knew you were posting! Not much planned this weekend. My son is off to the Panhandle with his aunt and uncle and my daughter is going to a friends moms' wedding at the new Westin Grand Bohemian downtown and gets to spend the night......I've heard it's a beautiful hotel. Dave and I will do dinner and a movie with friends tomorrow night and I'll take dad to lunch tomorrow afternoon.
Angela Z.
Old May 30th, 2003, 07:08 AM
Admiral

GMCM-...-

It's Memorial Tournament time. I live about 5 miles away from Muirfield o traffic is horrendous. Tiger continues to wow them. According to local legend, the builders of the course disturbed the grave of Wyandotte Chief Leatherlips. He has cursed the tournament and dumps tons of rain on its participants. One story claims that the rain stopped one year when Jack Nicklaus(sp?) poured rum over the chief's new grave.
I think it's as much hogwash as gullywash.

Happy Berthday to all who sail this weekend. Wish I could go with you.

Steve

Until Enchantment.
Until Inspiration
Sensation 2/03
Old May 30th, 2003, 07:21 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. I am now officially tired of spring, rain one day, cold the next, I need a steady dose of 75-80 degree temps with no rain. Have a great day everyone.

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old May 30th, 2003, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Friday Morning.

Well hello there! A good morning from sunny Florida One kid at home, the other is doing her last 1/2 day of school and then...oh a very long summer. They do not go back to school until the 3rd week of August!

Friday at last! Company tomorrow so I have to plan food for the grill. Clean this house too I guess it takes me well over 1 /2 hr just to vacuum it! Mentioned Voyager to my husband last night and we will discuss our future travel plans this weekend <this does sound fancy!>

Everyone be blessed and have a great day.......

Old May 30th, 2003, 08:45 AM
First Mate

Good Morning Everyone! I pulled a typical Illinois stunt the other day. I was so warm I turned the air conditioner on, today when I saw what the weather was gonna be, I flipped it back to the heat. Oh well at least today is Friday. Have a great day all!

Robin

Costa Atlantica 3/2004
Brilliance 2/2005
Brilliance 2/2006
Brilliance 2/2007
Explorer 2/2008
Old May 30th, 2003, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning from HOT Arizona, where we hAve reached that time of year when our overnight LOW temperatures are often higher than some of you have for daytime HIGHS! Oh well, at least it's a DRY HEAT! !!

Have a great Friday all, and let's just sliiiide on into the weekend!

Old May 30th, 2003, 08:59 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates...Sun is shining here on LI for the second day in a row. Must be a record this year. But just so we don't become accustomed to it, rain is predicted for tomorrow. Just in time for the weekend again.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old May 30th, 2003, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Goodmorning Cruisemates friends, buddies, and pals. I'm feeling less tired today after a good night's sleep.

Hooray for Friday! Most of our friends have gone to Biloxi this weekend to gamble, so Mark and I are planning a nice weekend together in the new house. I'm looking forward to it!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Old May 30th, 2003, 09:07 AM
Admiral

That yellow thing is around again this morning. Still not WARM, but at least it's not raining.

Queeg is on the endangered species list. He left our bedroom door (west side of the house) open when he departed for work and the yellow thing spilled from the east bedroom straight down the hall. It was nice to contemplate the beautiful wax job I do on hardwood floors. So I put on my sunglasses and went back to sleep.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. My nice Niece's college graduation party is tomorrow -- outdoor luau theme -- and I'm praying that the weather holds fair. I'm also praying that Mr. FedEx shows up with the killer lei I ordered for her from "my people" in Hawaii. I guess I could check the tracking number.

For those who recall the LGL Cruise, I will be way ALOHA in my slut cocktail waitress outfit a la the Hilton Hawaiian Village and Queeg will follow a respectful two paces behind in his matching shirt.

Trying to get back into the groove in my re-habbed office. It's just TOO neat. But give me a week.
Old May 30th, 2003, 09:34 AM
susancruzs

Good Morning Everyone!

Robin, how long have you lived in Illinois??? Air already, not me, I'm too cheap! I just wait until evening open the windows to cool the house down, overnight low this time of year is low 50s!!! Smile! :-)

Jennifer, I love that expression, "dry" heat! So is an oven, but I have no desire to sit in one!!! :-) When I was there in May, everyone kept telling me, oh, you'd love it, you get used to it right away!!! Nope, not me!!!!

Went for my interview yesterday, too funny! Another totally full time job that said part time! Makes 4 that I've gone the job will be OVER 40 hrs. If it were late Sept./Oct. I'd consider but not the dead of summer!!! :-) He said he may call me because he had another promising candidate that wanted only 20 to 24 hours so he thought we could do a "job share"! Whatever!

It's Friday so I'm not worrying about it today, other things to do, my morning walk, meeting a friend later, my standard breakfast with a friend tomorrow morning!

Susie
Old May 30th, 2003, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates

Looks like a rainy cool day around here. The forecast sounds good for next week, with warm temperatures and sun.

Hope the sun shines on the graduation party for you tomorrow, Pam. Sounds like lots of fun and you sure are prepared for the theme.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Phyll

Old May 30th, 2003, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning gang!

Like Phyll said, cloudy and cool with rain likely, but it is a good morning! Just got a call from a prospective employer setting up a job interview at a cardiology clinic - first call I have had from all the online applications I have put in in the past week. The interview isn't until June 10 because the person who is hiring is going on vacation, but still it is something to look forward to!

Old May 30th, 2003, 11:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates from sunny and pleasant Cowtown. We've actually had a stretch of 3 days of nice weather (could be a record).
Doc has finally put me on antibiotics. Hopefully this will do the trick to get rid of this weird bug.

Mom has been stable for a few days now, so... we're hoping, if this continues, she may actually be sent home time this weekend. It would be wonderful timing because my sisters entire family is going to be here to attend a wedding this weekend.

If mom could come to see all the kids and grandkids together it would be give her quite a life I'm sure. Hope I can ditch my virus, so I can be there with them.

Old May 30th, 2003, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Good morning on and all ----- strange weather here--- rained coming home early this morning-- from a short fishing trip--- not me-- the one my husband and son went on-- I'm lucky-- no fish --opps guess I shoulnt say that--- they like fish I dont
Good news for my father in law----- and maybe after his radiation treatments-- we will all be cruising ???---- looks like it just in his hand--- or so the test results say---
He lost a kidney back in Dec 02------- so thinks are looking up----
Take care and be good
Cheers all--- off to work I go
April
Old May 30th, 2003, 01:18 PM
First Mate

Hey Susie, I've been in Illinois all my life, and to give you a hint of how long, I've been having tests done to see if I am going through "the change" in life. !!

Robin

Costa Atlantica 3/2004
Brilliance 2/2005
Brilliance 2/2006
Brilliance 2/2007
Explorer 2/2008