Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2003, 05:48 AM
First Mate

Default Ever lose something important when on a cruise?

Ever lose something important when cruising?

Mary Margaret
Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2003, 06:49 AM
Desert Orchid.

Default Re: Ever lose something important when on a cruise?

Sure did! my heart.Mercury 11/25/01.
Old June 2nd, 2003, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Desert Orchid , Mercury 11/25/01? Pananma Canal cruise? Were we on this cruise together?
Old June 2nd, 2003, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Yep.

1. My return airline tickets. The cruise line took care of it, no problem.

2. My grandmother's wedding ring. I reported itto L&F, saying it could have slipped off anywhere, but I was pretty sure I had it in the cabin. Sister and I crawled the cabin floor. Nada. About three days later it ended up in plain vew on the floor by the vanity.

3. Two bottles of duty-free single-malt Scotch whisky. Turned out I'd already packed them.

4. The Infamous Leaping Diamong Earring, on several cruises. (I am a slow learner.) I thought it was gone for good last year as a result of all the hugging and carrying on before the LGL cruise and secretly blamed Kuki. (Rule #1: Blame Kuki for everything.) A couple of month ago, I put on the outfit I'd been wearing that particular night, put my hands in the pockets, and there was the earring.

5. Laden down with packages in Hamilton, I THOUGHT I'd picked up everything. Except my pocketbook. An employee of the restaurant where we'd had lunch was waiting at the gangway for me with pocketbook. His clue? S&S receipts in the pocketbook so he knew which ship.

So, the answer is yes. But everything turned out fine in the end.

I've tried to lose Queeg a lot of times but have been unsuccessful so far.
Old June 2nd, 2003, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Never lost anything, but did come back with something extra -- 4 pounds.

Harry
Old June 2nd, 2003, 10:44 AM
Admiral

I lost Gram once when we were shopping in Aruba. Does that count?
Old June 2nd, 2003, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Ever lose something important when on a cruise?

Soooooooooo.................Pam. I guess your answer to the question would be: Nope, never lost anything. Stuff disappears occasionally then reappears again when I'm sober. <wink>

J/K.

Regards,
Thomas
Old June 2nd, 2003, 11:20 AM
Desert Orchid.

Default Panama Canal

Desert Orchid , Mercury 11/25/01? Pananma Canal cruise? Were we on this cruise together?

Hi PapaBill,
Panorama deck 1062 where were you?.
Old June 2nd, 2003, 11:38 AM
Desert Orchid.

Default Were we on this cruise together?

Sorry lack of (e)motion on the ocean is causing the old grey matter to seize up,should be Penthouse deck 1062!!.
Old June 2nd, 2003, 12:23 PM
Yeoman

i always lose the desire to get off the ship and to face reality
Old June 2nd, 2003, 12:39 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Were we on this cruise together?

Any body notice we have a little side conversation going on here? I'll have to go back and look at the deck and room.
Old June 2nd, 2003, 12:57 PM
Admiral

I lost all desire to return to land. I blame my boss for having to return.

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old June 2nd, 2003, 06:52 PM
Andee bram

Shortly after reutrning from the muster drill to our cabin, we began to unpack. I looked down, and there the four prongs of my engagement ring staring at me with no diamond. Yes, it was insured, and no, it wasn't enormous, but I'd been wearing it for 32 years, and was pretty emotionally attached to it--and to the guy who gave it to me, who was with me on the cruise. I figured that since we'd just been with 1000 other people, there was no chance that we'd ever see it again. But , we searched the cabin, and found it's twinkly little self on the floor near the closet. Moral of the story: ladies, check the prongs on your engagement rings more often than once every 15 years! (I'd had a prong replace donce before.)
Old June 3rd, 2003, 05:53 AM
First Mate

The exact same thing happened to me about 10 years ago...the feeling when you look at your ring and see the prongs empty is horrible. We searched the house for months and did not have any luck. Well on the first birthday of my Mom after she died..we found the diamond in the closet...now this closed I had been over with a fine tooth comb...so I really felt my mom had sent it to me.

I set the ring in a heavier gold...and have the diamond checked every 2 months with out fail.

Mary Margaret
Old June 3rd, 2003, 06:09 AM
Admiral

A month or so after we returned from the cruise, my niece mentioned that she thought she had left her passport on the ship. I suggested she call Carnival to see if the cabin steward had found it. She sent me an email the next day. She checked her document folder for Carnival's L&F TN and guess what else was there.

Steve

Until Enchantment.
Until Inspiration
Sensation 2/03
Old June 3rd, 2003, 10:33 AM
Harry McIntyre

I had just bought a new digital camera before my May cruise to Mexico. I was not used to carrying it around and frequently set it down at breakfast in the windjammer. I forgot it one morning and did not realize until that night that I did not have it.

I figured it was gone for sure. I called the Guest Relations Desk and asked if a camera had been turned in to lost and found. Sure enough, it had been and I went down to retrieve it. I inquired If the person who returned it had left a name as I wanted to thank him/her and send a bottle of champaign. Who ever it was did not leave their name.

I guess there are still honest folks out there. I have read so many tales of things that have been left somewhere never to be seen again.

This person really made my trip as I had taken many photos of the trip,that could not be replaced.
Old June 3rd, 2003, 11:18 AM
Desert Orchid.

Ever lose something important when cruising?

Mary Margaret

On a coach tour in Cartegena I left my prescription sunglasses behind,only realized after we had sailed,went to passenger services to ask if they had any forms for claiming on insurance and they said 'did you report it at a police station in Cartegena?' as if!!I have seen all the films about Columbia!!.They kindly emailed land but they were never found -surprise,surprise!!
They were not important it was just an inconvenience really but I cannot help smiling to myself when I think of a Columbian tour Rep.wearing a pair of sunglasses with MANIAC written on both sides!!