Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Admiral

Default Poll: Those giant ship pictures

I don't think all cruise lines do this - but you know how sometimes on the last night at dinner they give you a giant watercolor-style picture of the ship? What do you do with that thing?

Mine are in a closet somewhere. I also have a giant photograph of the Millennium in an album-sized book, which I got free for buying a certain number of pictures. That's sitting on a shelf somewhere.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2003, 03:19 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Poll: Those giant ship pictures

I took the picture of the Carnival Victory from my cruise in March and pasted it on the front of my scrap book from the cruise.

Mary Margaret
Old June 8th, 2003, 03:32 PM
Passenger

We take each picture we get and put in our cruise room with all of our other collectables we have recieved from each cruise.Hoping to add the Conquest picture to the collection in August.

Happy sailing to all;
David
77 days and counting
Carnival Conquest
Old June 8th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Admiral

The ones Michelle is speaking of are the big 10x12 or so watercolors.
I have the Carnival Mardi-Gras, Sensation, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration and Destiny. I have them framed and on the wall.
We were on the Victory a few years ago and didn't see any. Was also on the Pride twice last year and didn't see any then so we thought they had quit giving them out. If not, I would like to get the ones I have missed.
Old June 8th, 2003, 09:02 PM
Admiral

Hey! David has a cruise room too? I thought I was the original! ()
We got one of those pictures on the Imagination, which I have framed and hung in the cruise room, it looks great! Never got one on the two previous cruises though, but will look out for the next one....Another idea is to laminate (plasticize) it and use it as a placemat, it's just the right size.

donna

Old June 9th, 2003, 04:35 AM
Admiral

I wondered if other lines did that sort of thing. After the last evening meal on Sensation, George the Greek met everyone at the exit and passed out what appeared to be water color place mats of the ship. We weren't sure what to do with them.

Then my sisters provided a kind of answer. My birthday was exactly one week after debarkation. They had taken a camcorder along and videotaped most of the cruise. They gave me a copy of the video as a birthday present. My stamp and craft crazy wife took the watercolor and folded, trimmed, and pasted it to become a kind of book cover for the video sleeve. It looks like the video sleeve was specially printed as a picture of the ship. It looks great! My Chrisi is so talented!

Steve

Until Enchantment.
Until Inspiration
Sensation 2/03

Post Edited (06-09-03 15:32)
Old June 9th, 2003, 08:33 PM
Admiral

You're a lucky man Steve!