Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2003, 05:53 AM
Admiral

Default Good Monday Morning.

Good morning cruisers. The sun is shining in Pittsburgh this morning. Yesterday was a beautiful day until the "micro burst" blew through. Around 7:30 last night we had this awful storm and were left us with five uprooted trees in my back yard. One of the trees took out three of my neighbor's trees. We have quite a mess to deal with. I sure home the insurance company is cooperative! You all have a great day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2003, 06:11 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Monday Morning.

GMCM-...-

ML, that same storm passed through here. I saw on the news that northern part of the track generated a couple of tornadoes in Michigan. Good luck with the damage. Some insurance companies actually cancel policies in areas affected by storms. A dirty trick, but one that seems to be SOP.

Saturday's symphony and Lettermen concert was pretty nice. The first half of the program was symphonic only. It was the first time I'd ever seen the overture of "Die Fledermaus" performed on stage. The second half was the Letterman concert. Of the original group, only Tony remains and he is significantly older than his colleagues. It seemed to take a few songs before they actually tuned to the accoustics of the room. But when they got it together, they sounded remarkably like the originals. It was a great time! If the tour comes to your area, I recommend going.

Steve

Until Enchantment.
Until Inspiration
Sensation 2/03

Post Edited (06-09-03 06:50)
Old June 9th, 2003, 06:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mary Lou, Steve and all who follow. Gonna be nice here today on Long Island, hope it is the same for everyone else. We've had enough rain to last for the rest of the summer.

Have a nice day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old June 9th, 2003, 06:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

ANOTHER wet, grey, gloomy day in Southwestern Ontario. Rain, rain, go away .....
Oh well - they say attitude is everything so.. here I sit at my keyboard at the office dreaming about being in an internet cafe on a luxurious cruise ship. Ah yes, I can feel the gentle lap of the waves against the side of the ship as I reach for my frosty banana thingy. This is the life!
Have a great week all!
joelin
Old June 9th, 2003, 06:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning ML , Steve and all to follow. ML we has that storm system too here in Illinois yesterday, but today is supposed to be beautiful. Good luck with your insurance company, though I'm pretty sure they'll state that it was an act of god, generally not covered. Have a great day everyone, see ya on the boards.
Good moorning Tweety & Joelin, we posted at the same time. ;-)

Post Edited (06-09-03 06:21)
Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old June 9th, 2003, 06:34 AM
Admiral

Morning all. Another wet day here in Florida also. Sorry to hear of the tree damage ML, I had to deal with the same a few months ago and it was no fun. The insurance company would only pay $500 per tree to have it removed but each one was over $1000 in actual costs. Good luck.

Regards,
Thomas
Old June 9th, 2003, 07:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning all

ML, glad to hear you are all ok. Those storms are as bad as tornadoes. We had a similar one happen here a few years back. We lost a lot of trees including a few giant oaks in the woods out back. It's amazing the shock you can feel when you see all that damage. Hope the clean up goes well for you.

Joelin, I like your perspective on things this morning. Great way to start the day. Hope the sun shines on you soon.

Have a good one everybody.

Phyll

Old June 9th, 2003, 07:38 AM
susancruzs

Good Morning Everyone!

Sunny day here today, picture perfect actually and ML, Tweety, I'll try to send it your way!

Yesterday was a stay in kind of day! After the curtain routine, which turned out pretty well actually, I tried to walk 3 times and the rain kept coming. Finally got out around eight last night and sunset was gorgeous!

No ads to follow up on yet this week, but still have projects I can do. The part time deal is getting to be a joke among my friends, glad to supply them with material. Turning down an interview last week gave them more fuel! :-)

They just wish they were home all summer!

Susie
Old June 9th, 2003, 07:38 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Auguste

Guten morgen from the NC coast. got back from my big adventure 2 weeks ago and right into Memorial Day at the motel, busy, busy .
You probably heard all about our fab. coastal pacific cruise from Y2C we had 12 days of sunshine, Alaska is gorgeous and Pappa Bill you need to take that cruise it is fantastic. Victoria and Vancouver with the gardens and all the flowers are a sight to
see.
Sue you probably are in your new house by now (no time to read 4 weeks of posting
right now. )
All of you on the cruise to Europe, I know you had a great time.

Have to go to work now, but will check in again every day, missed you all.

Have a nice day Auguste
Old June 9th, 2003, 07:51 AM
Admiral

Aye Mates,
Sometimes when you think things are bad for yourself, your eyes are opened to the reality of what is a SERIOUS problem… ML I’m glad the tree’s fell away from harms way but am sorry to hear of your plight.

I’ll post more later. You guy’s are the BEST!! Thanks for your support. Now I sound like a B.& J. commercial…. Big top secret Corporate meeting this morning.

and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old June 9th, 2003, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. Ugh, Monday.

ML, sorry about the storm damage. Hope the insurance company does right.

Auguste, glad to have you back. Your cruise sounded wonderful!

Jason, glad to have you back too. I tried to e-mail you but your e-mail isn't public. I was so afraid you just turned off your computer after that post, never to return. Glad that wasn't the case. We missed you!

Lots of meetings today... not much exciting going on. That's Monday for ya.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Old June 9th, 2003, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from the HOT Arizona desert. It was 108 yesterday. However, they are saying that today, at a predicted 103, is supposed to be the hottest day of the week, and that we might actually go BELOW 100 a couple of days this week. I don't really believe it though. I think it's just a teaser to get us through!! Have a great Monday, everyone!

Old June 9th, 2003, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Back to work this morning like most everyone, with not a golf game in sight<G>
Rain came yesterday, and expected to continue through most of the week for Cowtown.

Popped over to my folks place yesterday and they both seem to be doing reasonably well, thankfully.

ML.. so sorry to hear about the storm damage. Thank god it was only trees that got damaged.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 9th, 2003, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Monday Morning.

Good morning from Florida....brought the dog to the vet this morning she will be getting fixed. Late afternoon we have to pick her up again.No food for her today until tomorrow morning. This week will be very interesting for me on several fronts. Wednesday comes my Mother in law and my husband will take the rest of the week off.She will fly back on monday so it is a short visit. Kids are in the pool right now having fun. The house needs cleaning so I will be busy with laundry and dishes.

Auguste welcome back! I missed your post..wie war die Kreuzfahrt?

Jason what else is there to say?

ML glad you did not get harmed in any way! Kuki glad your folks are doing well....

Have a wonderful day mates.....

Old June 9th, 2003, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning so far--lol and yes Ive had my second cup of coffee. Good new on our front page of our local paper the 9 yr old was found- alive
Lots to do today - and have to work too
Take care and be good
Cheers April
Mary Lou good luck------ and hope your weather improves
Old June 9th, 2003, 11:09 AM
First Mate

Good Morning all from little bitty Delaware. The sun is shining and it is going into the 70's today....hooray! Winter is gone! We had a great weekend. My son had friends over and I really enjoy these teenagers. Today, like most Mondays, is housework and laundry but I think I will grab a couple of the other ladies from my neighborhood and take a long walk in the sunshine.

Mary Lou I hate to hear of all your troubles but I sure do thank the Lord that your house with stood such chaos. With five trees falling you are very luck that none hit the house. Hope your insurance company will be forthright in your payments.

Joelin you have a encouraging post!! Hope the rain leaves soon, hang in there!

Jennifer I hope you soon get some cooler weather breaks. I have a couple of friends who are going on the Amtrak to Flagstaff in a about 3 weeks and leaving these cool temps in the Northeast they will surely be cooking out there. Whew!

Jason, I sorta don't know ya but after reading the post from the weekend, welcome back and you really have a cute signature.

Everyone else ......hope ya have a super Monday!! Denise

Fantasy Dec 2 Big Easy to Mx
Old June 9th, 2003, 11:32 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning (yes it is still morning! lol)

Sunny and pleasant here in SE Wisconsin - a nice change from yesterday with all the showers and storms.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Jason - welcome back!

Old June 9th, 2003, 12:33 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon gang,,,

Late as usual :-) But glad to report that the sun has FINALLY come out here in the Tidewater of Va. But only till Wed.

On a brighter note ya'll know that Pamda is on a cruise around the Cheseapeake Bay this week,,,,,well she cruised into Yorktown (My home port) on Sunday. My hubby Dan and I went to meet her on the M/V American Eagle,,,,

She had made arrangements for us to come on board and we had cocktails in her cabin and she took us on a little tour of the ship. I will try to attach a pic of the ship that I took as we were leaving. Pam said it was "her private yacht" <VBG>

Jason so glad you re-joined us,,,Welcome again,,,,and Auguste welcome back as well.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday.

Well as yu can see I was not able to figure out how to attach it here,,,so if you want to see it you can go to Jo's cruise pics in the photo gallery,,,I put it there.

Post Edited (06-09-03 12:44)

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old June 9th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Admiral

Nice to see Auguste and Jason back, welcome you two! ML, sorry about the damage, glad you are ok. We've had some crazy black skies, short bursts of rain, and very high winds all day today, but nothing as scary as that! As usaul, I'm the last to post, as I never get my turn on this thing till late in the day, so I'll wish everyone a happy tomorrow!

donna