Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 13th, 2003, 08:52 PM
Admiral

Default Friday the 13th Part 2...

As if Fri. the 13th weren't enough, we have a family crisis going on that you wouldn't believe...I received a phone call from the Montreal police, informing me that my ex-husband has been reported as a missing person (he hadn't showed up for work for 3 days, his boss called the police). His only other family here, a sister, hasn't seen or heard from him since last Fri., the same day he was last seen at work. Even stranger, the week before, he made contact for the first time in 2 years, with our 2 kids, and saw both of them in person. Was he saying goodbye? All we know from the police going in his apartment is, he's not there, but he had received an eviction notice. He has disappeared without a trace, and we just don't know what to do. My kids are devastated, and the rest of us are worried sick. Any suggestions out there? Thanks for listening...

donna

Old June 13th, 2003, 08:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Friday the 13th Part 2...

Wow Donna,
What a story... At this point just sit tight and let the police do their job, may-be they will get some information and or leads and figure this out?? There must be someone he's talked to lately that can shed some light on this mysterious situation, lets hope so. What a terrible thing for his 2 kids to have to go through, do keep us posted, OK?

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 13th, 2003, 10:53 PM
Yeoman

Our thoughts and prayers are with all of his family in the hopes that he is safe. The investigators can usually dig up so much information by interviewing people and tracing credit card activity or other movements made by people. I know your kids must be terrified but it may not turn into anything bad.

Luanne

Old June 13th, 2003, 11:07 PM
Admiral

Sounds like an epsode from the Twighlight Zone! Not to sound unfeeling.{{Good Luck}}

Brilliance, 2/14/05
Brilliance, 2/13/06
Brilliance, 2/12/07
Explorer, 2/3/08
Jewel, 2/9/09
Jewel, 2/1/10, RCI cancelled our cruise, (insert sound of sobbing)

Old June 14th, 2003, 07:53 AM
Admiral

Donna,

I'm so sorry to hear about this. How sad for you and traumatic for the children. Hopefully the investigators will be able to track him down and this will have a happy ending. Your in my prayers.

Phyll

Old June 14th, 2003, 11:54 AM
Admiral

Thoughts and prayers are with you-- just keep in contact with the police and ask you children if they remember anything that might be a lead or clue-- ? maybe he has just taken off and will contact someone when he needs too ?
April--
Old June 16th, 2003, 10:02 AM
Admiral

Wow, Donna... what a strange situation. Please keep us updated. Sure hope the kids are OK and that he turns up safe and sound.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium