Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old June 16th, 2003, 09:43 AM
Passenger

Default Celebrity vs. RC vs. Norwegian

thanks to those who replied to my first message. after posting it, i also found a bermuda cuise on norwgian's majesty out of boston, which is actually closer to my home than NYC.

does celebrity still take the cake? everyone seemed to think so..
Old June 16th, 2003, 09:50 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Celebrity vs. RC vs. Norwegian

I feel that NCL is an inferior product to both of the others. Celebrity still wins by a mile.
Celebrity is still in the mass market category but they do do a pretty good job in most areas.
Old June 16th, 2003, 09:51 AM
susancruzs

I just answered your other post and I think Celebrity still takes it! Maybe RayB will reply again as he has sailed with NCL recently! I haven't sailed with them since 1996!

Susie
Old June 16th, 2003, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Still gotta agree, Celebrity take the cake!

Old June 16th, 2003, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

Last we sailed with Crown Odyssey which is transferring to NCL in September. It has changed it name on the ship already after the retrofit in Singapore in Feb/March. It was under the Supervision of Orient Line while we were onboard til May 3. The service and all the facilities for the Crown were excellent. So It will be hard to judge those after the take over by NCL. Hope I have not confused you all.

The Services for the NCL cruises we have taken were not as good as the other Cruise Lines. We were in hopes that they would improve. But for the buck you are getting a pretty good deal.

Ray
Old June 19th, 2003, 10:52 AM
Mark and Jewel

I can not comment on Celebrity or RCL but I didi sail with Norwegian Nov last year for the first time. I have to say it will probably be the last time. I was not impressed with the food or service. I have to say Canival was a much better time. They had lots to do on the ship though. Over all it was a ok cruise but that is not what I look for when I sail. I want a great time. Hope this helps.